WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mind the roll up finish for Cesaro and Rollins it had its place given how Cesaro was trying to work over Seth for the submission and it fuels Seth's persona at the moment. Completely hated it for the other matches. It ruined a decent main event, surely they could have done a new day or Woods/Kofi heel turn to cost Drew.

It was a pretty solid PPV for in ring action but when you have seen the same matches for 3 months now and same interactions on the shows it was hard to be that keen. US, IC and Tag Titles all off the cards ( Not counting Roman as he had the Smackdown match) but surely they could have had 1 tag team title match, Crews and Sheamus defending rather than having KO vs Zayn and Cesaro vs Rollins ( Could watch those 4 wrestle each other for hours but it's gotta mean something). Reading they may be looking at Cesaro vs Seth in an iron man match on a Smackdown coming up to the feud.

I didn't mind the roll up finish for Cesaro and Rollins it had its place given how Cesaro was trying to work over Seth for the submission and it fuels Seth's persona at the moment. Completely hated it for the other matches. It ruined a decent main event, surely they could have done a new day or Woods/Kofi heel turn to cost Drew.

It was a pretty solid PPV for in ring action but when you have seen the same matches for 3 months now and same interactions on the shows it was hard to be that keen. US, IC and Tag Titles all off the cards ( Not counting Roman as he had the Smackdown match) but surely they could have had 1 tag team title match, Crews and Sheamus defending rather than having KO vs Zayn and Cesaro vs Rollins ( Could watch those 4 wrestle each other for hours but it's gotta mean something). Reading they may be looking at Cesaro vs Seth in an iron man match on a Smackdown coming up to the feud.

Out of curiosity who would you have as your tag title match?

Rey & Dominic Mysterio are both "injured" following their interactions with Reigns, while AJ Styles & Omos don't have a clear opponent at the moment. Another New Day rematch? Viking Raiders (who shouldn't be losing this soon after returning)? RK-Bro?

Yep, distraction + spear makes McIntyre look unlucky while still putting over the spear as a devastating finisher.

Distraction + roll-up makes Drew look silly and Bobby look weak.

Agree. 1000000%.

I reckon it's time for the creative team to just about remove the roll-up pin finish from their toolbox.

The most eye-rolling finish you can think of in pro-wrestling.

Or as Simon Miller from What Culture calls it, "the most devastating move in all of sports entertainment". :)

Once they're back on the road i think creative will get better, you can just tell they cant wait to get out of the thunderdome and waiting for it to hit the reset button. Returning names and nxt call ups will fill out the rosters more and give us more variety in matchups.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Replace them all with Paul Heyman and Mark Dallas
I wouldn't mind that but honestly guys like Edge and Bray Wyatt aren't on TV right now, why not get them to help creative? They're both really creative minds and they've both got the charisma and smarts to create compelling characters. It'd be a huge improvement to have Edge helping SmackDown's creative team over Daniel Bryan where creative ideas die so he can push his boring mates.

The
Out of curiosity who would you have as your tag title match?

Rey & Dominic Mysterio are both "injured" following their interactions with Reigns, while AJ Styles & Omos don't have a clear opponent at the moment. Another New Day rematch? Viking Raiders (who shouldn't be losing this soon after returning)? RK-Bro?

They should have kept USOs vs Mysterios for the Hell in the Cell PPV. Use Roman in some way to keep the storyline play out.

Or they could have booked clear opponents for AJ and Omos. As said I would have rather see titles defended before Owens and Zayn and Rollins vs Cesaro. Those guys all battled at Mania and had Smackdown matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The charisma on Boogz is off the charts.

* I love everything about Boogz and SN even McAfee doing air guitar in Coles face is brilliant.

He is special Pat charisma is off the charts.

Last edited:
The

They should have kept USOs vs Mysterios for the Hell in the Cell PPV. Use Roman in some way to keep the storyline play out.

Or they could have booked clear opponents for AJ and Omos. As said I would have rather see titles defended before Owens and Zayn and Rollins vs Cesaro. Those guys all battled at Mania and had Smackdown matches.

Should have been Reigns vs Dominik for the Tag Titles with Roman handing Jey the title and becoming Tag Champs on Smackdown.

barely a PPV

WYF creative,,,,2 roll ups?

How about a small package, victory roll, oklahoma roll, tiger suplex pin, crucifix pin?

Yeah pretty average PPV tbh.

The matches were decent, I just wasn't feeling it, almost feels like if Roman isn't on the show it's not worth it.

Crowds back shortly can't wait to see what type of reaction Roman gets.

Drew didn't need all of those shenanigans to be protected.

Let two bulls go at it and have Lashley get the win.

But I guess they needed Drew to get fluked on so when/if he wins MITB and cashes in on Lashley it gets the resction they'd want.

I reckon it's time for the creative team to just about remove the roll-up pin finish from their toolbox.

The most eye-rolling finish you can think of in pro-wrestling.

And to a HIAC (supposed to be the blow off of all blow offs). Just hideously lazy bull s**t booking. Clearly have #### all ideas and need to drag s**t out to SummerSlam.

Such a shame as the matches were extremely well worked by the talent.

Last edited:
If Becky doesn’t appear and/or win at MITB, will the crowd turn on the match?

I have a suspicion she will return on the July 16 Smackdown (first live show).

She's going to want to be on the road with Rollins.

She doesn't need to win the MITB straight out the gate. In fact, I wouldn't put the title on her until SummerSlam or Wrestlemania.

Drew didn't need all of those shenanigans to be protected.

Let two bulls go at it and have Lashley get the win.

But I guess they needed Drew to get fluked on so when/if he wins MITB and cashes in on Lashley it gets the resction they'd want.

Drew will be off to Smackdown come draft time, be treading water until then.
I know they normally go a heel win but I can't see anyone other than Cesaro winning the briefcase this year. They build him up over Mania season , was never going to defeat Reigns but has been put in two fueds with WWE's two top dogs for the last 5 years. With fans back they should captilise on it they would get a huge pop if he wins the case and even bigger if he cashes in on Lashley. Right now Cesaro is the top face on Smackdown and Drew on Raw I can see them doing a switch with the two of them come draft time.

I don't think they have built Big E up enough to win the MITB, the other possiblities is someone like Karrion Kross , Balor or Cole if they get the call ups but I still feel like they have it set it up for Cesaro to have a good run over Mania season, come close to winning the belt, Rollins trying to put him on the shelf and come up short against Rollins in their recent match. Think they have one more match possible iron man given the way they have documented the feud on a Smackdown.

Drew will be off to Smackdown come draft time, be treading water until then.
I know they normally go a heel win but I can't see anyone other than Cesaro winning the briefcase this year. They build him up over Mania season , was never going to defeat Reigns but has been put in two fueds with WWE's two top dogs for the last 5 years. With fans back they should captilise on it they would get a huge pop if he wins the case and even bigger if he cashes in on Lashley. Right now Cesaro is the top face on Smackdown and Drew on Raw I can see them doing a switch with the two of them come draft time.

I don't think they have built Big E up enough to win the MITB, the other possiblities is someone like Karrion Kross , Balor or Cole if they get the call ups but I still feel like they have it set it up for Cesaro to have a good run over Mania season, come close to winning the belt, Rollins trying to put him on the shelf and come up short against Rollins in their recent match. Think they have one more match possible iron man given the way they have documented the feud on a Smackdown.

Too much intelligence in this post for WWE creative.

Too much intelligence in this post for WWE creative.

Well looks like Drew vs Riddle, Orton vs Morrison and AJ vs Ricochet in MITB qualifyers. Was hoping they would keep Drew away from it but clearly not.
Wonder whether they go a stacked match with Orton, Drew , AJ and maybe Cesaro/Seth/Big E but thinking Orton/Riddle won't win as tagging and wouldn't mind Ricochet going over Styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back