WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it wasn't mutual - and it doesn't sound like it was - I'm stunned by Wyatt's release. I'm not sure why you wouldn't at least want him as a writer/agent. You look at guys like Jason Jordan and Tyson Kidd who end up with lifer jobs, in a bizarre way you're almost better off getting injured.

When you think about it, I think he had 3 title reigns and 2 (3?) tag title reigns over the course of about 7 years - he's probably a hall of famer that they've just turfed aside. (For whatever WWE's HOF is worth)

I was only saying the other day how the Firefly Fun House match vs Cena took on extra meaning when Cena came back and tried to bury Reigns... I can't wait to watch it again in the current context.

I don't want him in AEW - there's too many WWE guys coming in at the moment, and while I didn't hate it in WWE, The Fiend is everything I want AEW avoiding. I'm not sure he fits in Impact - I don't watch heaps of it, but I'm not sure how he fits in with the Violent By Design faction already there. Maybe MLW, as they seem happy to push the boundaries of wrestling reality - I'm just not sure about the money.

In a perfect world? I know that, work-rate wise, he doesn't fit in with New Japan. But man I think they could tell a great Wyatt vs Suzuki storyline - I think that with Suzuki-Gun needing reinforcements (so you can do what you want), and I think with current members like Despy and Taichi who "fit" you have Wyatt eventually seize Suzuki-Gun and kick Minoru out. I think Douki fits... not entirely sure about ZSJ is all.

edit: with all the WWE releases over the last 15 months, I can see NJPW bringing all sorts of new gaijin in on top of Gallows and Anderson. If I'm thinking about Wyatt taking over Suzuki-Gun, any of the NXT version of Ascension or AOP would fit; Killian Dain might fit; you could totally make Buddy Murphy/Matt Silva as the disciple there.

I'm certain that, if there isn't already, el Idolo will end up with a New Japan deal, but I don't think it would have anything to do with Wyatt. Same with Aleister Black.

Last edited:
If I'm thinking about Wyatt taking over Suzuki-Gun, any of the NXT version of Ascension or AOP would fit; Killian Dain might fit; you could totally make Buddy Murphy/Matt Silva as the disciple there.

I'd be shocked if Taichi doesn't take over the stable before long. Either way Wyatt could still do ok over there or anywhere else. As you said MLW seems the best fit.

May well go down as the most mismanaged wrestler ever in WWE ( and that’s saying something). Solid in the ring and creatively without equal in WWE they had him lose to Goldberg and Rollins when he the most over wrestler in the company. Ludicrous booking by WWE.

Screwed him even worse in 2014. March/April he and faction were white hot as anything in wrestling not named Daniel Bryan and a face turn and further push was an absolute no brainer (like as obvious as for Austin the same time of year in 97). Instead hit the Cena wall and consequently stumbled around aimlessly as someone people couldn't really take seriously for years as a result except for maybe a few months November 2016 - April 2017.

I don't understand WWE's thinking.

That said I think I loved the idea of Bray's gimmicks moreso than his portrayal of it. That might sound blasphemous but it feels right to me.

Regardless, a garbage move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bischoff wore it when he visited Melbourne in 2018 or 2019 (the years have slightly blurred into one) and did a "Live 83 weeks" at the Thornbury Theatre.

Ric Flair's request to be released granted after he told Vince that he was unhappy with the creative direction of WWE.

Jojo was released quietly 6 months ago, she hasn't appeared since 2018.

Jeff Jarrett released back in April.

Last edited:
Ric Flair's request to be released granted after he told Vince that he was unhappy with the creative direction of WWE.

Jojo was released quietly 6 months ago, she hasn't appeared since 2018.

Jeff Jarrett released back in April.
If by that he means in general, and not just his character/legacy, then good on him!
Imagine if he turned up on AEW with Charlotte still on WWE lol

I don't understand WWE's thinking.

That said I think I loved the idea of Bray's gimmicks moreso than his portrayal of it. That might sound blasphemous but it feels right to me.

Regardless, a garbage move.
If he goes to AEW as a more “human” fiend (ie slightly more realistic) I reckon it could be a winner.

Doesn’t need magic and such, just dark, twisted, and appears to live the life of a weirdo with issues.

If by that he means in general, and not just his character/legacy, then good on him!
Imagine if he turned up on AEW with Charlotte still on WWE lol

Insider reports suggest he is upset about the direction of creative recently.

My only hope is that it doesn't mean Charlotte's not upset with her angle with Rhea.

The funniest thing here is that many WWE execs thought his contract didn't expire until 2022.

How. The. *. do you build a guy up as your next genuine main event star for several years and not know when his contract expires?

Can this company get any more incompetent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back