WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both

Banks is the best in the business ring wise in my opinion her counter attack style is sensational can turn defense into offense with anything.

Charlotte is good in the ring I don't think she is the best currently tbh she has got better on the mic which is a positive.

Lynch best match since she's been back is with Banks and that's alot to do with Banks ability make anyone look great.

Belair is getting close, unbelievable in the ring, give her 18 months working with Charlotte, Lynch, Banks and she will be the best we have seen.
I need to see Banks vs Dakota Kai before i die.

I still can't believe anyone can even debate Reigns not being the biggest star in wrestling and it's not even close.

Put him on any show, any company and he is the marquee attraction especially with Paul Heyman.

Reigns would be the number 1 star in wrestling on almost every metric.

I’m sure there is the tiniest of discrepancies in US ratings with an age group somewhere someone could find, if so desperate.

I'm not arguing he's not a star or that in his current act he isn't the best thing the WWE has had in a decade (since the summer of a certain someone else). But Cena and Lesnar are bigger draws. Why it is with Cena I'll never know I find his gimmick insufferable but the numbers (crowds, merch etc) are what they are.

I'm not arguing he's not a star or that in his current act he isn't the best thing the WWE has had in a decade (since the summer of a certain someone else). But Cena and Lesnar are bigger draws. Why it is with Cena I'll never know I find his gimmick insufferable but the numbers (crowds, merch etc) are what they are.
I understand Cenas popularity in a ‘commercial’ sense and if his character was to be a baby face who you always wanted to see get beaten then he did his job perfectly…. To me he had ‘go away’ heat. Just the epitome of a WWE formulated, sub par in ring baby face. He’s almost the stop point on the Attitude era and ushered in a new era of absolute rubbish.

I understand Cenas popularity in a ‘commercial’ sense and if his character was to be a baby face who you always wanted to see get beaten then he did his job perfectly…. To me he had ‘go away’ heat. Just the epitome of a WWE formulated, sub par in ring baby face. He’s almost the stop point on the Attitude era and ushered in a new era of absolute rubbish.
The Attitude Era stopped long before Cena. He was the lynchpin of the WWE's shift towards PG, though. Triple H's run did more to hurt them after they cooled off post-AE. I didn't like Cena, especially when pushed when and how he was. I didn't like him going over Angle, Michaels, Jericho, Edge incessantly like he did, but ratings recovered slightly when they pushed him to the main rather than go back to Triple H, and he obviously did great merch numbers.

I still can't believe anyone can even debate Reigns not being the biggest star in wrestling and it's not even close.

Put him on any show, any company and he is the marquee attraction especially with Paul Heyman.

How far the WWE must have fallen if he’s the best thing they’ve got.

Has he managed to have a wrestling match yet? Or even a match where he went more than 5 minutes without a long snooze break on the outside?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How far the WWE must have fallen if he’s the best thing they’ve got.

Has he managed to have a wrestling match yet? Or even a match where he went more than 5 minutes without a long snooze break on the outside?

He has had some good matches this year the triple threat at mania with Edge and Bryan was very good and put on a really good "wrestling" match with Cesaro.

Reigns is the biggest star in wrestling right now without doubt. Danielson next in line. No doubt Omega and Danielson better in the ring.

He has had some good matches this year the triple threat at mania with Edge and Bryan was very good and put on a really good "wrestling" match with Cesaro.

Reigns is the biggest star in wrestling right now without doubt. Danielson next in line. No doubt Omega and Danielson better in the ring.

So his best matches are still triple threats when he doesn't have to do much more than his 2 moves of doom? So nothing's changed.

If in ring was the standard he'd be lucky to make top 100 in wrestling today.

Just because Roman doesn't do a gymnastics routine, throw a superkick party and throws in 100 moves in a 5 second period doesn't nean he hasn't put on wrestling matches.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely correct. It’s crazy how some people have lost site of what constitutes a good wrestling match these days

Watched a few matches from
Crown Jewel this morning and holy s**t Edge vs Rollins was awesome and the other matches I saw bar Vega and Doudrop were good matches

Watched a few matches from
Crown Jewel this morning and holy sh*t Edge vs Rollins was awesome and the other matches I saw bar Vega and Doudrop were good matches

I agree. The Edge and Rollins match was fantastic. That spot with the Cage and the Table that Rollins took looked brutal.

Also, some nice little tidbits from Heyman.

Mentioned in a backstage interview that "He'd be arriving with the reigning, defending, undisputed WWE universal heavyweight champion of the world, Roman Reigns." Several minutes later, stated he would be "leaving the with the reigning, defending, undisputed WWE universal heavyweight champion" but did not mention Reigns at all. Follow that up with how the main event played out, this is far from over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back