WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reigns would be the number 1 star in wrestling on almost every metric.

I’m sure there is the tiniest of discrepancies in US ratings with an age group somewhere someone could find, if so desperate.

That’s a no from me. PWI didn’t list him as number 1 either and for good reason.

He is good on the mic, but not great.

His in-ring work is consistent, but doesn’t do something that is memorable, I’m highly doubtful if he comes anywhere close to having a 5 star match in his career.

His story telling in the ring is non existent

The only thing he has is a look and being the rock’s cousin.

I can think of at least a dozen people, I’d rather watch before Roman, in both promo’s and matches.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So his best matches are still triple threats when he doesn't have to do much more than his 2 moves of doom? So nothing's changed.

If in ring was the standard he'd be lucky to make top 100 in wrestling today.

the hair flip one of his 2 moves of doom? 😂

Roman will never have a memorable match, let alone a 5 star classic. I can’t understand why people are excited for a potential Rock vs Roman match at wrestlemania to be honest.

I guess we can lock in Roman vs Brock rematch at WM

Yeah. Plans have changed apparently. The rumours going around was Rock V Roman, but with crowds now back, Vince wants that match at Mania in LA. With thebfeud likely continuing until Mania, hopefully this doesn't llead to a Lesnar rumble win.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you watch the start of the Brock roman match, a bunch of dignitaries/royals come down and decide they want to sit in the front few rows.
So they proceed to kick out whoever is sitting there, kids and all.
Lots of finger pointing and presumably beheading threats at the kids and other clearly wrestling-fan dudes they punt out.

* I hate this place.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
the hair flip one of his 2 moves of doom? 😂

Roman will never have a memorable match, let alone a 5 star classic. I can’t understand why people are excited for a potential Rock vs Roman match at wrestlemania to be honest.

Yep and having Roman beat the rock is just so stupid, but gotta keep pushing the look!

It’s amazing how going away to film a movie made so many people suddenly fall in love with him. His best matches are triple threats or hardcore matches where he can have long rest breaks.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
But it’s not thank god. There’s so much more to wrestling than wrestling.

Well he can’t talk that’s why he’s got Heyman.

But hey if your idea of good wrestling is a bloke being beat up for 15 minutes and then suddenly going Roar!!! Punching someone and winning, good luck to you.

There’s a reason WWE viewership is so low…

That’s a no from me. PWI didn’t list him as number 1 either and for good reason.

His in-ring work is consistent, but doesn’t do something that is memorable, I’m highly doubtful if he comes anywhere close to having a 5 star match in his career.

I can think of at least a dozen people, I’d rather watch before Roman, in both promo’s and matches.

GILLBERG!!

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians

Has had several 4.5-4.75 rating matches in his career if you take them seriously , most recently with KO, Bryan and Edge but that whole rating system is comical anyway. It's just one blokes opinion that his followers take as gospel.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Their delusion is overwhelming. I’m gonna just let them live in their own world

Delusion? All because they don't share the same personal opinion you do? I think he's a lot better than some feel here but there's no rule saying people have to rate him.

Eddie not worth paying attention to as clearly not watched him since 2015.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
WWE set such a low bar for themselves. How do you give a PPV such a high rating when nothing means nothing. Tell me the care factor on any of the results?

Care factor? They had titles on the line, and king and queen of ring titles on the line? Would you say the same about other companies putting on matches over titles etc?

This show was very good one of the best PPVs over any brand all year. It’s a shame it had to happen over there.

Over Reigns having to be saved day in and day out.

- saved 3 times against KO
- Saved against Finn Balor
- Saved against Lesnar
- Saved against Cesaro
Yawn...

Goldberg had to be carried that whole Lashley match. Felt bad for Bobby.

Makes him look Weak

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Over Reigns having to be saved day in and day out.

- saved 3 times against KO
- Saved against Finn Balor
- Saved against Lesnar
- Saved against Cesaro
Yawn...

Goldberg had to be carried that whole Lashley match. Felt bad for Bobby.

Of course he did. He had to be carried in his early to mid 30s how is it going to better in his mid 50s?

In saying that I found that match far more enjoyable than I expected and think it was put together and executed very well given Goldberg's limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back