Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
For the love of God please take them, let them be on TV for a month before tagging on Dark for the rest of their careers. Everybody is happy then.

He's in no position to be challenging Reigns (pretty much no one is but that's another issue) but he's a super talent and his character work as a heel has been terrific. And your expectation/desire of what will become of them won't happen as you're about the only person silly and deluded enough to want it.

Last edited:

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Sami deserves it happy for him.
I can get around the Holland Sheamus Cesaro angle if it leads to either Drew Helping Cesaro or Sheamus turning on Holland and reuniting the Bar but it’s got the vibes it’s going to just be a filler:

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
He's in no position to be challenging Reigns (pretty much no one is but that's another issue) but he's a super talent and his character work as a heel has been terrific. And your expectation/desire of what will become of them won't happen as you're about the only person silly and deluded enough to want it.
I don't think it's delusional to want Owens or Zayn off TV, I think they're garbage talents. People seem to think they're once in a lifetime talents, but how? How are they any different or unique than any other guys in wrestling today? What do they do to stand out? What's cool about them? Why are they such special talents?

All I've ever heard in response to that is "They're such good in ring guys." When 90% of wrestlers are good in the ring nowadays, it's no longer a special or important quality.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
I don't think it's delusional to want Owens or Zayn off TV

It very much is when...

I think they're garbage talents

You're the only one that thinks this. So don't give us the "everybody will be happy" nonsense. Only you would be happy. The person who doesn't like they're pro wrestling to include good pro wrestling.

Last edited:

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
It very much is when...

You're the only one that thinks this. So don't give us the "everybody will be happy" nonsense. Only you would be happy. The person who doesn't like they're pro wrestling to include good pro wrestling.
Ah ok so you don't actually read, solid work there champ. When have I said that there shouldn't be good pro wrestling? My issue is with guys who's only redeemable quality is being good in the ring and offering nothing else, Owens and Zayn fit that bill. Neither of them are good on the mic and aren't the most charismatic dudes, so because of that, I think they're trash. It's really simple,

If your in ring skills are the only thing you have to offer, you're not a good wrestler. That's why nobody is buying a ticket to see guys like Mustafa Ali, Ricochet, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

Feel free to take this out of context too, you're really good at that. And maybe I'm one of the few on here who thinks this, that's cool, but I know of plenty who hold similar viewpoints.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
If your in ring skills are the only thing you have to offer, you're not a good wrestler. That's why nobody is buying a ticket to see guys like Mustafa Ali, Ricochet, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

Fair enough with Ricochet and Ali to some extent. Zayne and Owens are not in that group and offer a lot more than just good in ring work. They are excellent promos and manage to be believable even in the sterile bull s**t mostly scripted WWE. They are anything but rubbish and have shown that in their time especially by developing this side of them (promo/character work) and becoming a couple of the best all round talents there is.

It’s even worse the guy thought he was “talking” to Seth for two years and Seth needed him to send amazon gift cards

He got scammed and thought it’s actually Rollins he also didn’t know wrestling is fake he’d send the Seth impersonator messages after a loss trying to pump him up and asked to be in the shield

Sounds like Nut Case

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Fair enough with Ricochet and Ali to some extent. Zayne and Owens are not in that group and offer a lot more than just good in ring work. They are excellent promos and manage to be believable even in the sterile bull sh*t mostly scripted WWE. They are anything but rubbish and have shown that in their time especially by developing this side of them (promo/character work) and becoming a couple of the best all round talents there is.
I'll give Zayn some credit, this conspiracy theory gimmick is good, but it's not one that belongs in the main event, it's a lower Midgard comedy gimmick, and it works in that position. I think WWE are trying to keep Sami by giving him a short term main event push, but why? Why do they want to keep him? Genuinely what value does he add to WWE? i just think it's a statement on the SmackDown roster that they have to fall back on Sami Zayn of all people for a short term feud.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I also reckon Reigns won't be much longer for wrestling, he'll transition to Hollywood sooner or later. He's being wasted in pro wrestling when he could move on to bigger and better things. And he'll absolutely get roles and jobs in Hollywood, anyone who's related to The Rock or connected to him will get something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think it's delusional to want Owens or Zayn off TV, I think they're garbage talents. People seem to think they're once in a lifetime talents, but how? How are they any different or unique than any other guys in wrestling today? What do they do to stand out? What's cool about them? Why are they such special talents?

All I've ever heard in response to that is "They're such good in ring guys." When 90% of wrestlers are good in the ring nowadays, it's no longer a special or important quality.

Kevin Owens looks like my annoying out of shape neighbour. How he’s got this far on TV, is beyond a miracle. There is nothing remarkable about him at all. Sure he can ‘work’ but so can a million other guys. WWE will lose nothing if he walks.

Sami Zayn, I’ll admit his character and gimmicks have been quite entertaining. But he shouldn’t be anywhere near the main event scene.

Wrestling is full of unremarkable wrestlers now. Small, uncharismatic, marks for themselves and entitled. It’s no wonder wrestling is where it is these days.

Luckily it looks as if WWE is slowly realising this and course correcting the ship, through NXT 2.0

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
I might have missed it, but ignoring the ridiculous "I'll post the names in the battle royal as soon as I get them" (said less than 30mins before it started), but given every job bee left of their payroll was in it, why was Drew Mc banned/not added?

Also, are we supposed to believe he actually wanted to kill whoever it was with his sword? Because they was the most likely outcome if the guy didn't duck. That's dark man

I might have missed it, but ignoring the ridiculous "I'll post the names in the battle royal as soon as I get them" (said less than 30mins before it started), but given every job bee left of their payroll was in it, why was Drew Mc banned/not added?

Also, are we supposed to believe he actually wanted to kill whoever it was with his sword? Because they was the most likely outcome if the guy didn't duck. That's dark man

expecting another "wrestler vs the authority" angle, because we don't have enough of those.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Kevin Owens looks like my annoying out of shape neighbour. How he’s got this far on TV, is beyond a miracle.

Because he's very good. That's how. He's in good enough shape to be an amazing wrestler who doesn't blow up no matter how long the match and makes things that should be difficult (especially for someone who looks like he does) look stupidly easy and has been doing so for years. And he covers up anyhow. Not like he has flab showing everywhere.

There is nothing remarkable about him at all. Sure he can ‘work’ but so can a million other guys. WWE will lose nothing if he walks.

No way are there a million other guys (or a thousand even) that can work as good as him. And he's an excellent promo. No they may not that lose much if he leaves but you can say that about everyone not named Roman Reigns and perhaps Randy Orton. Not Owens' fault the WWE doesn't allow (much less make) anyone seem important. Could say they don't lose much if Seth walks either after his GTF off my TV gimmick the last year or two. Still a great all round talent also. And eventually if the WWE continue to cut/lose talented people like Owens, Zayne, Cesaro, etc. it will make a difference. Their ability is about all that's left holding their programming together. The 'stories' sure as #### can't/don't.

Sami Zayn, I’ll admit his character and gimmicks have been quite entertaining. But he shouldn’t be anywhere near the main event scene.

I've already said this.

Wrestling is full of unremarkable wrestlers now. Small, uncharismatic, marks for themselves and entitled. It’s no wonder wrestling is where it is these days.

Luckily it looks as if WWE is slowly realising this and course correcting the ship, through NXT 2.0

NXT 2.0 is absolutely horrid in just about every way and not worthy of being on US national cable TV and won't be much longer if it keeps rating the way it is.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Why do they want to keep him?

This conspiracy theory gimmick is good, it's a lower mid card comedy gimmick, and it works in that position.

You in some way answered the question before you even asked it. And this deluded, maniac, buffoon gimmick is not necessarily easy to pull off. See Seth Rollins the last couple of years and he's probably even more talented than Zayn but has had GTF off my tv heat the whole time. But Sami has managed to pull it off. I think that speaks for how good and valuable he is.

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because he's very good. That's how. He's in good enough shape to be an amazing wrestler who doesn't blow up no matter how long the match and makes things that should be difficult (especially for someone who looks like he does) look stupidly easy and has been doing so for years. And he covers up anyhow. Not like he has flab showing everywhere.

No way are there a million other guys (or a thousand even) that can work as good as him. And he's an excellent promo. No they may not that lose much if he leaves but you can say that about everyone not named Roman Reigns and perhaps Randy Orton. Not Owens' fault the WWE doesn't allow (much less make) anyone seem important. Could say they don't lose much if Seth walks either after his GTF off my TV gimmick the last year or two. Still a great all round talent also. And eventually if the WWE continue to cut/lose talented people like Owens, Zayne, Cesaro, etc. it will make a difference. Their ability is about all that's left holding their programming together. The 'stories' sure as #### can't/don't.

I've already said this.

NXT 2.0 is absolutely horrid in just about every way and not worthy of being on US national cable TV and won't be much longer if it keeps rating the way it is.

You’re welcome to that opinion and fair enough. We’ve all got our own tastes. Zero doubts on his ability to wrestle or cut a promo. But good “wrestlers” are a dime a dozen. Everyone does a suicide dive these days. Owens isn’t someone who resembles larger than life, his look isn’t going to make anyone take their finger off the remote. And that’s what’s wrong with the wrestling business these days as a whole. Too full of unremarkable wrestlers that resemble nothing more than average joes.

I’m also not too sure how any of us are qualified to judge what’s “worthy” of airing on American cable TV but oh well. Wouldn’t even bother me if NXT was taken off air to be honest (doubt it will).
I preferred the days when new unknown characters were introduced on RAW & SmackDown and not debuted as ‘wow it’s such and such from NXT’ and the crowd sits silent with zero clue as to who their looking at. Small reason I believe as to why so many talents don’t make it on the main roster either, amongst other things.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

I've already said this.

Sami Zayn is every bit as good as Hangman Page on the other show if not better, just because his size is not like a Drew or Brock doesn't mean he shouldn't have a crack at the title picture. Zayns character and work over the last few years has been top notch. If someone like Kofi or the Miz can get shots and runs with the belts no reason Sami can't. Really underrated.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Sami Zayn is every bit as good as Hangman Page on the other show if not better, just because his size is not like a Drew or Brock doesn't mean he shouldn't have a crack at the title picture. Zayns character and work over the last few years has been top notch. If someone like Kofi or the Miz can get shots and runs with the belts no reason Sami can't. Really underrated.

Won't get an argument from me here. He's been excellent with what he's been given. He's like a more believable Miz who can actually wrestle. He won't really be getting a real shot anyhow as Brock will toss him out or scare him off before it happens.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Won't get an argument from me here. He's been excellent with what he's been given. He's like a more believable Miz who can actually wrestle. He won't really be getting a real shot anyhow as Brock will toss him out or scare him off before it happens.

I knew some like Shaxx would take issue with the comment but honestly over a long period of time in other promotions Sami ( El Generico) or anything else you want to call him has been pretty damn good in the ring. His baby face WWE character was pretty bland but he has turned the nutcase consipiracy gimmick into something half decent.

I was more referring to his in ring work as on par or if not superior than Hangman's and they both are of a similar size and "bland" look about them. My point is if its good enough for Hangman to be a world champ on a show, Kofi to be champ, Miz to be champ then would be more than acceptable to have Zayn in the picture. He is good in the ring and on the mic.

I also reckon Reigns won't be much longer for wrestling, he'll transition to Hollywood sooner or later. He's being wasted in pro wrestling when he could move on to bigger and better things. And he'll absolutely get roles and jobs in Hollywood, anyone who's related to The Rock or connected to him will get something.
How many Hollywood movies require the Jason Momoa you bought of Wish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back