WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popular doesn't equate to good.

That midget Bliss was popular too once.

Who was it that finished Paige's career again?
Don't be ####ing ridiculous. Was a poor spot by Sasha but it did not cause Page's spinal stenosis to the point her career had to end. And she most certainly is good or would like to be good and seen as that. It's not achieved by doing things that make no sense like yourself and tag team champion partner randomly chasing singles belts.

Might have something to do with the previous times she did a similar thing..... Kind of why Naomi has not copped it as much.

She was open about her mental health issues. The reason this is a bigger deal than it otherwise would be - the reason Vince fed it to commentary - is that it plays into the lazy "angry black woman" trope.

Don't be ####ing ridiculous. Was a poor spot by Sasha but it did not cause Page's spinal stenosis to the point her career had to end. And she most certainly is good or would like to be good and seen as that. It's not achieved by doing things that make no sense like yourself and tag team champion partner randomly chasing singles belts.

The whole wrestling industry and it's history is full of things that make no sense.

Like pushing a waif like wrestler as being tough and intimidating and calling themselves the Boss.

That makes no sense but was happy to run with that.

Anyway outside of that it was a decent enough RAW. KO was gold never really rated Elias outside of the guitar work but have to admit have really enjoyed the Zeke stuff for a bit of light entertainment.

Imagine desiring what she's involved in to be able to have some meaning rather than a blur of silly s**t done for the sake of it to fill time. Heaven forbid. And lol at you calling anyone else a mark, especially someone actually in the business.

Haha

Not everyone can book themselves to the top, and book themselves to win the championship in a multi match classic feud as much as you wish this was true. I’m not sure what reality you live in. They are contracted performers who were by all reports instructed to perform their duties. Whether that was “meaningful” in their opinion should be irrelevant.
Not sure how giving the rub to a new champion in Rousey against an experienced performer like Banks is meaningless, but anyway.

And I’m mark for things for sure, especially just like you. We’re fans. We’re not a ‘professional’ performers

Haha

Not everyone can book themselves to the top, and book themselves to win the championship in a multi match classic feud as much as you wish this was true. I’m not sure what reality you live in. They are contracted performers who were by all reports instructed to perform their duties. Whether that was “meaningful” in their opinion should be irrelevant.
Not sure how giving the rub to a new champion in Rousey against an experienced performer like Banks is meaningless, but anyway.

And I’m mark for things for sure, especially just like you. We’re fans. We’re not a ‘professional’ performers

They are contractors, not employees. For all anyone knows, WWE may not have honoured a part of their contract to them. It is well documented that vince makes promises and then reneges on them.

So it could be possible that they “walked” due to a part in their contract wasn’t acted upon. Or it could be they are “unprofessional.”

Until the full story is out, it is just speculation.

They are contractors, not employees. For all anyone knows, WWE may not have honoured a part of their contract to them. It is well documented that vince makes promises and then reneges on them.

So it could be possible that they “walked” due to a part in their contract wasn’t acted upon. Or it could be they are “unprofessional.”

Until the full story is out, it is just speculation.

Can’t recall calling them employees….. either way they are contracted nonetheless

I’m basing my judgments on the multiple reports I’ve seen. If something else comes to light I’ll assess my opinion.

I don’t get the love for Asuka - she’s unbearable in her promos (and getting worse the longer she’s around)

asuka-slaps.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say that like it's a good thing? It generally isn't and leads to nothing/no one achieving anything. Why should anyone get invested in a character and care?

I say that like HELLO it's wrestling.

It's pantomime not real life. Yes? Or hasn't that bit sunk in yet?

It's not the 1970's, we all know it's fake.

I say that like HELLO it's wrestling.

It's pantomime not real life. Yes? Or hasn't that bit sunk in yet?

It's not the 1970's, we all know it's fake.
Hasn't 'sunk in' because yes despite it being fake that doesn't mean it's better if things make no sense and characters do things that are stupid. Movies and TV shows are scripted and fake too. If they're good they generally won't have characters they want people to care about do things that are nonsense.

And no I don't personally see it as pantomime. That's a fairly subjective (and rubbish if we're talking about what's been effective over time) way of describing it but considering the other absolute nonsense you've come out with like Sasha causing Page's injury and Naomi being more talented than her we shouldn't really be surprised should we?

Hasn't 'sunk in' because yes despite it being fake that doesn't mean it's better if things make no sense and characters do things that are stupid. Movies and TV shows are scripted and fake too. If they're good they generally won't have characters they want people to care about do things that are nonsense.

And no I don't personally see it as pantomime. That's a fairly subjective (and rubbish if we're talking about what's been effective over time) way of describing it but considering the other absolute nonsense you've come out with like Sasha causing Page's injury and Naomi being more talented than her we shouldn't really be surprised should we?

You think Banks is a better wrestler than Naomi?

Naomi shits on Banks for athleticism, size, strength, moves.

You're one of those joker Banks fans aren't you.

You really think that waif is in anyway tough or intimidating looking?

It has to be pantomime for someone like Banks to be pushed as being a legitimate bad arse.

You think Banks is a better wrestler than Naomi?

Naomi shits on Banks for athleticism, size, strength, moves.

You're one of those joker Banks fans aren't you.

You really think that waif is in anyway tough or intimidating looking?

It has to be pantomime for someone like Banks to be pushed as being a legitimate bad arse.
Yes Banks (whether you like how she has handled her business here and in the past) is unquestionably a better wrestler than Naomi. Don't have to be a 'joker Banks fan' to see that.

Yes Banks (whether you like how she has handled her business here and in the past) is unquestionably a better wrestler than Naomi. Don't have to be a 'joker Banks fan' to see that.

That's funny because at times I've thought Naomi could do some spectacular stuff in and around the ring.

Never ever associated that word with Banks.

Meh on the other hand is a word I've often thought about her.

If it's not pantomime then how exactly are you sitting there thinking Banks looks legit tough or intimidating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back