WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At times like this I wish companies like TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground and NJPW had more money to splash around.

It would give the wrestlers more leverage to either get more money in WWE, get pushed, or get a better deal elsewhere.

It's a monopoly. Not a fan of Ryback but thought that he was spot on and commendable.

He's supposed to be a face.

But the WWE are doing a really good job with this feud by making Roman do heel like things (and tagging with 2 faces) while having AJ do face things (tagged with 2 heels).

It's an interesting dynamic and makes it a bit more unpredictable than your standard heel vs face.
It feels like Roman/Usos are becoming the heels in the feud though. The Usos attacked AJ with a chair when AJ didn't hit Roman with one.

I think it's almost all heels (Roman as tweener) and AJ.

It's a monopoly. Not a fan of Ryback but thought that he was spot on and commendable.

They're actors putting on a show, and like actors it has little to do with how good they are - it's how well they connect with the paying customer. In this case paying customer means PPV, TV Ratings and Merchandise.

Every smark hates John Cena - but he makes money for his employer.
Every smart movie aficionado hates Adam Sandler - but he makes money for his employer(s).

Should the bad-guy minion who gets beaten up and killed in the first 30 seconds of a movie be paid the same as James Bond? How many guys have put James Bond over in those movies?

Every smart movie aficionado hates Adam Sandler - but he makes money for his employer(s).

Is this because he used to be good and now his movies suck?

They're actors putting on a show, and like actors it has little to do with how good they are - it's how well they connect with the paying customer. In this case paying customer means PPV, TV Ratings and Merchandise.

Every smark hates John Cena - but he makes money for his employer.

Should the bad-guy minion who gets beaten up and killed in the first 30 seconds of a movie be paid the same as James Bond? How many guys have put James Bond over in those movies?

Ok, you aren't looking at it the right way at all, your comparisons frankly are stupid.

Kinda hilarious from Ryback. I didn't see him complaining when he came in receiving a mega push. If anybody had an opportunity to succeed it was him. There is a reason this business is brutal and any sane person wouldn't try it. Seriously it's like becoming an A list actor, right place right time right look. These guys make a career choice that's insane. You don't catch heat stiff s**t you knew the rules going in.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Thought Rybacks comments were spot on, look past the hate for a wrestler, made a lot of sense, unfortunately he isn't a big enough name to force change, and those that are are the ones who win mostly and get more money.

It's ludicrous to think that if you lose you get paid less for doing the same job.
Agree completely, I don't like Ryback but can't fault his logic at all, he's willing to be future endeavoured over his belief on the matter.

From memory CM Punk had the exact same attitude to the matter and he was pretty well paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Rybacks comments were spot on, look past the hate for a wrestler, made a lot of sense, unfortunately he isn't a big enough name to force change, and those that are are the ones who win mostly and get more money.

It's ludicrous to think that if you lose you get paid less for doing the same job.

His comment about WWE squashing outside endorsements and magazine covers reminds me of his nemesis CM Punk saying the exact same thing. WWE is obsessed with control and pumping brakes.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/5/4/11591320/on-kevin-owens-and-character

At WWE Payback, it became apparent to me about 35 minutes in that the best part of the show had already come and gone. That's no insult to Jericho, Ambrose, Charlotte, Nattie, Styles or Reigns -- all of them put on fine performances. (Charlotte in particular has become a really enjoyable heel as of late.)

The best character WWE currently has at its disposal is a dude (I mean, he's just a dude) wearing shorts and a cutoff shirt from a place called Marieville, Quebec named Kevin Owens.

At first glance, it doesn't necessarily make sense. This dude is the best they have? In the land of Cesaros, Lesnars and Cenas, where muscles seem to grow on trees, here stands a guy without noticeable biceps or huge shoulders. He's hardly a schlub, of course, but he doesn't look like someone who owns the gym. And, yet, he's the best they have.

In an era of increasing work rate, it'd be easy to assume Owens would be slow-footed. He just doesn't look like an athlete, right? The casual fan might assume such a thing. They'd be wrong -- Owens is like a mini-Vader in his quickness and agility. Never have I seen him winded or too slow for a spot in his WWE/NXT career. We're finding that in 2016, that matters more than muscle mass.

Cont....

Fat wrestlers who should retire: Chris Jericho, Big Show, Kane, Mark Henry, Undertaker.

I don't get the obsessive hate of Jericho, he is great, very entertaining and one of the few bright spots every week. I looked recently and Fozzy had no dates listed for tours, hopefully that is done and he is around full time again for a while.

There is no way you could call Kevin Owens one of WWE's best. Doesn't look intimidating at all, has absolutely zero character and all his matches are the same with the spamming finishers and near falls aimed to get those fake "this is awesome" chant. For me he embodies what's wrong with current WWE wrestlers. There is just zero care factor when Owens does anything. It's all about doing moves (and shitty ones at that like the pathetic cannonball) with no story telling whatsoever.

"There is also talk of doing a Global Women's tournament on the Network next, as well as continuing the annual Dusty Rhodes tag team tournament in NXT. The women’s tournament will be like the cruiserweight tournament, mixing current talent with non-roster talent in what amounts to tryout matches."

I'm on-board.

There is no way you could call Kevin Owens one of WWE's best. Doesn't look intimidating at all, has absolutely zero character and all his matches are the same with the spamming finishers and near falls aimed to get those fake "this is awesome" chant. For me he embodies what's wrong with current WWE wrestlers. There is just zero care factor when Owens does anything. It's all about doing moves (and shitty ones at that like the pathetic cannonball) with no story telling whatsoever.

Honestly I don't know what you're watching half the time. :(

I'm not sure you could get two completely opposite interpretations of the exact same character and performance that just occurred in that article and in FSs post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back