WWE WrestleMania 34 - Official Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ONGOING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Read quite a few “live at venue” reports of people saying there was utter confusion once the main event finished. Big pause after Brock left, then a Roman’s music for a bit to dead silence. People wondered if he would get jumped or something.

Then as they were filing out 10mins later, all the fireworks inside AND outside went off! Many believing they were suppose to be for the victor of the main event, as they did the whole indoor around the stadium pyros etc..
it seems the finish was changed either last min or even in the middle of the match something seemed very off about it indeed

Me too. Absolutely love Raw after Mania but in terms of storyline I'm most intrigued by Heel Nakamura. So guess I'm waiting until Smackdown.
i wonder if anyone is losing there title like usually someone always does i think contenders to lose there titles Charlotte and Rollins for me

Honestly where to even begin? that was terrible.

Styles vs nakamura was a joke the pacing was so slow very disappointed in the match only good thing was the nakamura heel turn.

Taker vs Cena was ******* terrible weeks and weeks of this hype and its a ******* squash match are you serious?

Strowman having a 10 year old thats your curveball WWE THAT A 10 YEAR OLD. smh

Jinder winning was a joke, Put the title on Rusev ffs hes so over its not funny.

Best matches ; Asuka v Charlotte and Steph being MVP for taking the bumps she did.

very underwhelming mania

Lost it at the selection table as usual. Good start to the event then it hit a wall.
Should have been Lesnar v Braun but we know that couldn´t have happened. Crowd sounding like they were booing everytime Reigns kicked out.
Chants of this is boring. It really was.
Having a kid as Strohman´s partner. Just daft. The kid was terrified and the match was stupid. Great opportunity to unleash a blast from the past.
Batista, Mick Foley heck they should have paid CM Punk a million to be the mystery partner. Bray Wyatt would have been awesome too
with Woken Matt in their corner.
Cena v Undertaker. Well it was cool to see his entrance but the match was underwhelming. Didn´t expect a classic. Cena is just annoying.
Everyone knew this match was happening but him sprinting to the back made it too obvious. Just wish it had been a bit more of a shock.
He obviously needed to warm up but I would have preferred Taker appearing us Cena sprinted up the ramp and a brawl taking place rather than a match.
Match of the night was a tie between Charlotte / Asuka & The mixed tag match. Rousey was impressive even Stef did ok.

Alrighty so I had a think back at it all and thought I’d give some opinions.

IC Title Match - Great opener and was perfect for the getting the crowd up and about. Rollins was probably the one that I preferred least to win, but still pretty happy with him winning. 3.5/5

SD Women’s Match - Took a bit a to get into it, but was pretty great once it did get into it. At the time I really wasn’t a fan of Asuka losing, but now that I’ve had time to think about it, it’s more just the finish of the match itself that I wasn’t a fan of. The finish just didn’t have the sense of drama imo, once the 8 Figure was applied, it just ended. No attempt at escaping or anything to add drama, it just ended. I thought the whole respectful celebration thing was going to be an Asuka heel turn but I guess that was being saved for another Japanese wrestler. 3.5/5

US Title Match - I honestly didn’t pay all that much attention. I couldn’t give a s**t about Randy Orton, Bobby Roode is Mr Bland while a face, I honestly don’t hate Jinder that much, but he just looks a bit yuck. Aiden English looked cool as s**t with his shaved head, round glasses and long coat. Rusev winning would’ve been a good moment but eh it was it was. 2/5

Rousey Match - Uhh, Jesus Christ. That was nuts. Rousey was brilliant and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Whoever was in charge of writing that match earned every dollar, plus, as much as people s**t on HHH and Steph for burying talent and being ego driven and what not, this match showed how good they truly are. 4.5/5

SD Tag Match - Who would’ve thought that dwarfs were still acceptable in 2018? I was so shocked when they came down to the ring... but I well and truly laughed my ass off. The match itself? I definitely wish it was the TLC match that was rumoured, because that could’ve been incredible and we missed out on what seemed to be an annual occurrence to have a ladder match of some sort. A TLC would’ve been awesome as we know how creative The Uso’s and New Day can be in stipulation matches, and Harper and Rowan would’ve brought the brutality. For what it was I’m very happy for Harper to pick up a WM win. 2/5

Taker V Cena - Well, that happened. I never really enjoyed any part of this ‘fued’ and lead up. For me Cena can just be a bit too cartoony for ‘serious’ storylines, his facial expressions are a major part of that. I just found the whole lead up awkward and a bit of a shame, because it could’ve been so much better. Not having Cena V Taker years ago will forever be a huge mistake. 1.5/5

Bryan Match - Was very cool to see Bryan properly return but the match left a bit to be desired. For a match with a great storyline leading in, probably one of the best storylines actually, the entertainment level just wasn’t as high for me personally. All of Bryan’s offence was classic Bryan, for better and for worse. The good was that it was everything we came to love years ago, but at the same time, it was very predictable and you just knew what was happening next. Was pretty cool to have Sami Zayn get an important WM match though. 3/5

Raw Women’s - This match was my break to have a shower and get ready for work. Hated the lead up and didn’t care about what I saw in the match. 1.5/5

‘Dream Match’ - While the match itself left a lot on the table, an extra 5 min would’ve automatically done a whole lot more for it. It took a long time for it to get into gear and once it did get into gear, it ended. If Shinsuke was to kick out of the final Styles Clash, and if the two of them were to just show more desperation it would’ve been great. Wasn’t a bad match by any means but just could’ve been so, so much better. 3.5/5

I’ll seperate the post though because that was awesome. Absolutely stoked to see Heel Shinsuke and I think this could be the making of him in WWE. Good guy Shinsuke just wasn’t able to portray the brutality that he brings to the table. During last week I said in either this thread or the Rumours and Discussion thread about how I want Shinsuke to turn into a badass take no prisoners heel, but keeping some of the showman style he’s always had. It looks he’s going the way. Great segment.

Raw Tag - To begin with, was very cool to see Sheamus and Cesaro coming on second last because they’ve been one of WWEs most entertaining teams for quite some time. Having this match come on so late though made it obvious that shenanigans were going to take place. The whole Strowman finding a fan was just awkward and odd to watch. If it was a Make A Wish kid then it would’ve been a bit better but still wouldn’t have been flash. Would’ve preferred anyone to come back instead of the kid but ah well. The highlight of this by far was Strowman scaring away the Mardi Gra characters, holy s**t that was brilliant. 2/5

Main Event - Ah Brock V Roman. What a train wreck. From it taking 6 F5s to put Roman away, to the crowd taking a large dump on the match, to Roman getting busted open in way not seen since Ruthless Aggression. It was a train wreck, but a train wreck I just couldn’t get my eyes away from. The whole match was full of intensity and insanity. With each F5 I just kept on thinking ‘surely they couldn’t have him do this’, and once Roman was busted open I just didn’t know what to think. In this thread I just said they should just turn it into a blood match already, and boy was it a blood match. This blew the Orton, Lesnar incident out of the park. With the crazy crowd, this was all out entertaining even for possibly the wrong reasons. The ending of the show did feel very strange though. Heaps of camera cuts and no trademark final shot, very odd and chaotic. I do wonder when this was all decided on. 3.5/5

Also I was disappointed kurt fans out doing the whole point Witt the crowd chanting you suck i wanted to see him come out whole wrestling machine style intense as how he used to ... both he and Ronda’s entrance was too friendly

They kinda brought back some edginess tonight we haven’t seen for a long time.. off the top of my head..

Male superstars doing moves on females
Blood
Low blow
Dwarfs as entertainment
Even Sami having a go at Shane’s kids

Haha true.

It's a shame almost that the show got off to such a good start, because it was only downhill from there.

IC match was sick, Rollins is the guy man.

Angle/HHH/Rousey/Steph was one of the best matches in so long. So fun, dumb drama, cool stuff. Marked out to Ronda doing well, made me happy.

Charlotte/Asuka was amazing too, wasn't really going to pay attention to this match but it drew me in easily.

RAW will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. With the crazy crowd, this was all out entertaining even for possibly the wrong reasons. The ending of the show did feel very strange though. Heaps of camera cuts and no trademark final shot, very odd and chaotic. I do wonder when this was all decided on. 3.5/5

It was, but I think things must’ve gone completely out of control with backstage because the ending seemed screwed up, like they wanted to do something but then they changed it, then had an idea but missed the train.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Finally finished that crap and my thoughts can be summed up in 5 words:

what-the-hell-was-that-28959840.png

Loved Shinsuke's low blow, almost as good as Chris Jericho wrestlemania 19. Just needed Jim Ross's outraged commentary. Didn't particularly enjoy the actual match. Liked Taker looking way better than last year and beating Cena quick. I laughed at Cena literally being on the front row. Lesnar vs Roman sucked as expected, except Lesnar winning I guess. I liked Braun Strowman and the kid, was funny. Loved the Rousey match and the opener. Kurt Angle is still a trooper despite being beyond a wreck. Both the women's matches were acceptable, the Smackdown one was obviously better. Was surprised by the ending.

This is why I don't go on what I read here as I enjoyed the show.

IC and mixed tag were the best matches of the night.

Hated Jinder winning and Braun picking a damn kid (still swear it's a girl).

I liked Shinsuke and AJ, didn't think I'd want him as a heel, but am pretty excited to see where this leads now.

Looking forward to Raw and Smackdown now.

With the Smackdown women’s champion match, was really hoping that both Charlotte and Asuka would go down, for Carmella to come out and successfully cash in. The heel heat would have been awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back