WWE WrestleMania 34 - Official Discussion Thread [SPOILERS ONGOING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrestling Inc reports the result was changed last week but writers and producers were kept in the dark and the referee didn't find out until the match started.

Was then when Brock Re-Signed?

NXT is booked as a wrestling show, main roster is booked as a kids/teens sports entertainment show.

Fair chunk of the roster that were killing it in NXT have been used poorly.

It's produced as a wrestling show too - main rosters production is more like a reality show

Mate, if you came on here after WM X7 it would still be full of people shitting on the show. Best Mania in at least 5 years IMO.

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of some of the booking decisions, I would've had Balor, Nakamura and Reigns win but overall it was an enjoyable show. 5 hours is too damn long though, I had to watch over 2 nights, don't know how anyone could watch the pre-show and that in one go.

The Nakamura Styles match needed another 10 minutes was too slow to get going then finished too quickly when it did. I like the Nakamura heel turn though hopefully it pays off with a win in a rematch at backlash.

The crowd during the last match was pathetic. Would've been better off just leaving instead of trying to hijack the main event. WWE needed to just stick it out and put the belt on Reigns, seeing him holding the title with a bloody face would've been an enduring image that my have helped Reigns get over. I'm not a Reigns fan but you can't keep doing this every year! Either that or let him win the belt on a lesser show.

31 is one of my favourites to be honest. The ladder match opener was excellent, Rollins vs Orton ditto. Sting vs Triple H was fun as hell despite the silly ending. Cena vs Rusev was super solid but felt important. The Rock/Rousey moment was an epic moment at the time, and the main event ended up being a true Wrestlemania moment with Seth's cash in.

As for 34, it started off tremendously as everyone has mentioned, but didn't quite finish off as strongly. Taker vs Cena being a squash is where the real quality started to sort of dip a bit. However I will say that I felt the effort from every single person involved, and i'm super thankful that gone are the days of 4 hour Wrestlemania with 8 matches that STILL have 2 minute squash matches to save time.

I like Cena/Taker, exactly what it should have been. Taker looked in good nick too, far better than with the shaved head which made him look about 70.

Talk is Vince changed the result mid match between Brock vs Roman.

So stupid if true. I don't agree with putting reigns in that position but once you make a choice and spend 4 years building to it, strick to it FFS. Are we gonna go through the same s**t every year til Vince dies or Roman gets over (whatever happens first)? Coronate him at some other PPV, he'll never get over with the WrestleMania/Rumble/SummerSlam smark crowds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back