7qOHhai.png

SLyRRRm.png

y7Dh8Nz.png

38iBFQY.png

8fe5Yo2.png

vZpKwZL.png

Confirmed participants: The Revival, Baron Corbin, Mojo Rawley, Tye Dillinger

dBmusEw.png

Confirmed participants: Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, The Riott Squad, Natalya, Naomi

Last edited:
When was the Daniel Bryan & Shane Vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn match announced??

Considering half of the participants in this match are currently 'fired' and a third is in hospital, I don't think we can assume that's 100% the match until it's been confirmed.

When was the Daniel Bryan & Shane Vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn match announced??

Considering half of the participants in this match are currently 'fired' and a third is in hospital, I don't think we can assume that's 100% the match until it's been confirmed.

Sorry forgot to put the spoiler tags around the match graphic. Cheers for pointing that out.

Yeah looks like Bryan might be finding a mystery partner of his own at WrestleMania. Once more, is this a chance for Ziggler to actually get himself a spot on the card - I can’t think of who else would step in.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Feel absolutely nuts that Wrestlemania is 2 weeks away. Feels like it’s still a month away with how little storyline progression some of the storylines have had.

With the AJ and Shinsuke match, I’d personally would’ve preferred Shinsuke to turn heel. Have him still do all the same taunts and what not, but in a more cocky way, and turn him into more of a savage badass.

Be a Big Event for Japan with you think Auska Beating Charlotte for Smackdown Women's Title and Nakamura beating AJ Styles to be the WWE Champion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Can someone give me a rundown on the big story lines to these matches? Without having watched a raw this year they all look like “contender” matches.

All I’m up to date with is Cena calling out Taker and the DBry return but the rest I’m not sure on.

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why is Asuka not officially on Smackdown? They’re not giving the brand spit any legitimacy

Any genuine rumours or brauns partner?

If taker comes out as American badass which theme is it too? Personally thought the kid rock one was the worst one

Which matches will be relegated to kick off?

Women’s Battle Royal and Cruiserweight Championship, would be my guess.

Pretty sure it’s a 5hr main card runtime so that should really be it.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
With such a long card and big names getting plenty of time, I think everyone should prepare to be disappointed by AJ v Nakamura, it wont get any decent time at all, will have to wait for the follow up match at the next PPV

Really not excited by this years Mania, the card is ok but there is nothing great about the storylines, plus who really wants to watchs Romans coronation IV

GWBogan

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2011
Daily's Place
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
AEW, Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham
Can someone give me a rundown on the big story lines to these matches? Without having watched a raw this year they all look like “contender” matches.

All I’m up to date with is Cena calling out Taker and the DBry return but the rest I’m not sure on.

Bork vs. Booeigns - well we all knew it was going to happen after what happened at last year's WrestleMania. Reigns won the Elimination Chamber match to become the No. 1 contender for the Universal title and Vince was trying to get fans to cheer Reigns and boo Lesnar by emphasising the fact that Lesnar makes bugger all appearances (Lesnar kayfabe no-showed an episode of Raw, Reigns getting upset at the preferential treatment). However, Lesnar has made appearances at the last couple of episodes of Raw, given Reigns beat downs (which the crowd have enjoyed) with Reigns trying to get the sympy of the people (hasn't worked so far though), so I guess they're going with "super underdog" Reigns (yet again) to make his upcoming win at WrestleMania look more strong/overcoming the odds.

Styles vs. Nakamura - bugger all build up to be honest, just mutual respect for one another but I'm hoping it's match of the PPV and something similar to their NJPW match.

Angle & Rousey vs. Stephanie & Hunter McMahon - Rousey signs contract at Elimination Chamber for her debut match to be at WrestleMania, Angle brings up HHH and Steph's dislike towards Rousey in which we see HHH get judo thrown into the signing table in the middle of the ring, which is then followed by Steph apologising to Rousey on the episode of Raw after Elimination Chamber and HHH attacks Angle. Rousey is supposed to appear on every Raw (which she doesn't), but anyway... she wants to face Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania, HHH tries to intervene but Angle mentions that the McMahons are contracted as wrestlers and it becomes a mixed tag-team match.

Miz vs. Seth vs. Finn Balor - following Elimination Chamber, it's basically Miz claiming to be the greatest IC champ of all-time (on Miz TV with his Miztourage), wants a challenger, out comes Seth and beats Miz in a non-title match, then Balor beat Miz in a non-title match, both want a shot at the title and Angle makes it a triple threat match.

Charlotte vs. Asuka - bugger all build up, took a while for Asuka to declare who she'll face and she made her decision at FastLane after Charlotte retained her title. Asuka also appeared one time on SmackDown Live.

Bliss vs. Jax - Bliss retains the Raw Women's title at Elimination Chamber but Jax fails to beat Asuka at the same event. Nia Jax tries to beat Asuka the following night on Raw, loses, hurts her arm and gets the Big Show crying treatment in the locker room after Bliss consoles her. Mickie James becomes friends with Bliss again and when they interrupt a segment on Raw featuring Asuka, they try to get Nia Jax to come to the ring (probably still crying) and face her but she doesn't and Mickie James faces her instead (and loses). On that same episode of Raw when Nia Jax is facing some jobber I think, camera cuts to the back in which Alexa Bliss is talking s**t about Nia, which Nia Jax gets angry and goes looking for her. Eventually Angle makes the match at WrestleMania.

The Bar vs. Braun Strowman & hopefully Ellsworth - The Bar beats every tag team on Raw, claim to be unbeatable and a tag-team battle royal match is made to determine who their opponents will be at WrestleMania but before the match begins, Strowman enters the match unannounced and essentially cleans house (and wins). Angle makes the match official provided that Strowman finds a partner (hoping it's Ellsworth so he can add another belt to his collection of championships he currently has in the indies).

Orton vs. Roode vs. Mahal - after winning the US title at FastLane, Roode wanted a rematch for the US title but Jinder Mahal wanted a shot at the title and that's pretty much it. Each man has faced each other in one-on-one contests since.

Usos vs. New Day vs. Bludgeon Brothers (if correct) - Usos vs. New Day match ended in a no-contest at FastLane after the Bludgeon Brothers cleaned house and destroyed both teams and as a result both the Usos and New Day want revenge.

Alexander vs. Ali - after Enzo Amore'd allegedly in a non-consensual fashion and didn't tell the WWE about the allegations against him, he got the sack and the Cruiserweight title has been held by Vacant ever since. Rockstar Spud aka Drake Maverick becomes the new 205 Live GM and declares a 16-man tournament in which the final will take place at WrestleMania and the winner becomes the new champ.

Which matches will be relegated to kick off?

I reckon the Andre the Giant battle royal (women's one will be on the main show because it's "historic" and "ground breaking" but will probably be on the pre-show next year), the Cruiserweight title match and the SmackDown tag team title match.

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon the Andre the Giant battle royal (women's one will be on the main show because it's "historic" and "ground breaking" but will probably be on the pre-show next year), the Cruiserweight title match and the SmackDown tag team title match.

Will be mad if Uso’s get relegated to kickoff after the year they’ve had

Mar 5, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Nuggets, Crows
With such a long card and big names getting plenty of time, I think everyone should prepare to be disappointed by AJ v Nakamura, it wont get any decent time at all, will have to wait for the follow up match at the next PPV

Really not excited by this years Mania, the card is ok but there is nothing great about the storylines, plus who really wants to watchs Romans coronation IV

* roman. Taker vs cena reminds me of the build up to WM20 the pop at WM is going to be huge. Cena has the talent to carry Taker unlike last year. I am worried about how many matches there will be. But this is set up to be the best since WM25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back