WWE WrestleMania 35 - Monday 8th April 2018, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

3514442-wm35_triple.jpg

the granddaddy of 'em all, the Superbowl of Professional Wrestling (even though we all know the Superbowl is the WrestleMania of American football)
kickoff show 7am AEST
main show 9am AEST

Ronda Rousey (c) vs Charlotte Flair (c) vs Becky Lynch (RAW Women's Championship & SD Women's Championship on the line, Winner takes All)
Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston (WWE Championship)
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Seth Rollins (Universal Championship)
HHH vs Batista (No Holds Barred match, HHH's career on the line)
Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin (Kurt Angle's retirement match)
Miz vs Shane McMahon (Falls Count Anywhere match)
Randy Orton vs AJ Styles
Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre
Bayley & Sasha Banks vs Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs Nia Jax & Tamina vs The Iiconics (WWE Women's Tag Team Championship)
Bobby Lashley (c) vs Finn Balor (Intercontinental Championship)
Samoa Joe (c) vs Rey Mysterio (US Championship)
The Usos (c) vs Aleister Black & Ricochet vs The Bar vs Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura (SD Tag Team Championship)
The Revival (c) vs Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins (RAW Tag Team Championship)

Buddy Murphy (c) vs Tony Nese (Cruiserweight Championship (Pre-show))
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
(Pre-show) (entrants include Braun Strowman, Colin Jost & Michael Che of SNL fame, Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Viktor, Konnor, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis, Tucker, EC3)
Women's Battle Royal (Pre-show) (entrants include Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega)

Last edited:

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
People have mentioned the Triple H vs Benoit vs Michaels main event from WrestleMania 20 and its similarities with the likely main event of Rousey vs Lynch vs Charlotte Flair.

What they're not mentioning is what happened after: Chris Benoit became a midcarder again.

This - and Daniel Bryan's shitty Kane filler feud and fake retirement after his triple threat win at WrestleMania 30 - is why I'm cynical. Lynch more than likely gets her "WrestleMania moment" (a certain Richmond poster loves those). But Rousey and Charlotte are going in the Hall of Fame some day. So I find it hard to get too excited or invested because she's probably back to getting scraps by September at best.

Prove me wrong, WWE. Prove me wrong.

This - and Daniel Bryan's shitty Kane filler feud and fake retirement after his triple threat win at WrestleMania 30 - is why I'm cynical.

What the F**k are you on about??

Daniel Bryan got injured a month after Wrestlemania 30 which is why his hype died down because he couldn't wrestle for 8 months; then came back with plenty of support-- only to get injured again a few months later.

Daniel Bryan's retirement didn't occur until almost 2 years after Wrestlemania 30 and at the time it was genuine.

How much of a conspiracy theorist do you have to be to believe that Daniel Bryan's retirement was "fake"???

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The Kane garbage was right after WrestleMania 30. Nothing to do with injury or his hype dying down.

The retirement was bullshit. WWE let him unretire right when his contract would've expired and he would've gone elsewhere. That's not a conspiracy theory, that's a fact.

The Kane garbage was right after WrestleMania 30. Nothing to do with injury or his hype dying down.

The retirement was bullshit. WWE let him unretire right when his contract would've expired and he would've gone elsewhere. That's not a conspiracy theory, that's a fact.

Normally facts come with some sort of evidence or sources?? Care to share them?

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
People have mentioned the Triple H vs Benoit vs Michaels main event from WrestleMania 20 and its similarities with the likely main event of Rousey vs Lynch vs Charlotte Flair.

What they're not mentioning is what happened after: Chris Benoit became a midcarder again.

This - and Daniel Bryan's shitty Kane filler feud and fake retirement after his triple threat win at WrestleMania 30 - is why I'm cynical. Lynch more than likely gets her "WrestleMania moment" (a certain Richmond poster loves those). But Rousey and Charlotte are going in the Hall of Fame some day. So I find it hard to get too excited or invested because she's probably back to getting scraps by September at best.

Lynch could get sent back to being at the bottom of the card for the rest of her career after Wrestlemania (won't happen though), and she'll still walk into the Hall of Fame based purely on this 5 or so month run she's had. Being a part of the first women's Wrestlemania is absolutely huge, and that in itself is Hall of Fame worthy. If Beth Phoenix can get in, Becky is a shoe in.

On a similar note, I can't even express how amazed and thrilled I am that we've actually gotten to this point where the women are main eventing Wrestlemania. As a girl growing up I loved watching Lita and Trish and co, but I just knew that them main eventing any old PPV, let alone Wrestlemania of all things, was just simply not going to happen. Trish and Lita main eventing RAW was huge at the time, and I thought that was as good as it was going to get. I never thought we'd get a women's hell in a cell or Royal Rumble. And I gradually just lost interest in the WWE. Over the past few months though, I was hearing things like "all women's PPV!" but I honestly just thought to myself "oh, probably just a few bra and panties matches and another diva search contest" so I just ignored it. But then a couple of months later my cousin told me that the women are really coming into their own now, and that I have to check it out. So I obviously did, and I'm actually blown away by how fantastic they are. The last woman standing match between Charlotte and Becky at Evolution was excellent, and I quickly ate my words about bra and panties matches! And the standards of the women's matches have massively improved overall.

My favourite part about this whole saga about Charlotte being added to the match at WM is that people care. It wasn't all that long ago that the women's matches were an excuse to pop to the loo, but now we are actually seeing people get genuinely invested in what's happening, and on the biggest stage of them all at that. I couldn't be happier.

No I won't trawl through Google for old news for you.

Is it because the facts aren't there???

You need to take your tin foil hat off Bomberboy ;)

EDIT: Actually-- I just remembered there's no point trusting your sources anyway. Yesterday you linked to a website that suggested AEW was going to hold a show at Royal Albert Hall during the same timeframe as the BBC Proms. You most likely read it from someone who made it up. Did you 'watch' it on Cultaholic??

Last edited:

GWBogan

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2011
Daily's Place
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
AEW, Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham

giphy.gif

/WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's okay, I can confirm they did it all for Roman. Sorry to ruin the day of all the marks out there with such a truth bomb.

Of course I'd take your word for fact...

How dare I question a conspiracy theory suggested by Bomberboyokay and Deathly.

It's not a conspiracy theory because you don't remember it.

It’s a conspiracy theory because it didn’t happen and you’ve got no evidence that it did.

What I don’t understand about the whole idea of Daniel Bryan being forced to retire so that Roman Reigns could be the number one face without competition is two things:

-why didn’t they just have Daniel Bryan turn heel
-if they wanted to keep Daniel Bryan away so people didn’t compare him to Roman Reigns why did they put Daniel Bryan onto Smackdown as the GM and then allowed him to go out to the ring doing the Yes chant every week??

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
-why didn’t they just have Daniel Bryan turn heel

They did. Put him in the Wyatt family in a failed attempt to sabotage his popularity.

-if they wanted to keep Daniel Bryan away so people didn’t compare him to Roman Reigns why did they put Daniel Bryan onto Smackdown as the GM and then allowed him to go out to the ring doing the Yes chant every week??

They were happy to make money from him but wanted to pump his brakes. So he wore a cardigan and made matches on the not Roman brand.

They did. Put him in the Wyatt family in a failed attempt to sabotage his popularity.

So this conspiracy theory starts that far back?

Roman Reigns was still a part of The Shield at that stage and the WWE didn’t even give any indication they favoured him over Ambrose or Rollins until the end of the Bryan/Wyatt Family feud when Reigns was hugely over in the Royal Rumble that year.

Wow... the WWE must have some long-term booking plans if they try to get Roman Reigns over that far back.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Except that it doesn’t make any rationale sense and you are refusing to provide any sources to confirm your claims

It wasn't rational. Silly old man running WWE just didn't care. He'd picked his new John Cena and that was the end of it. Took priority over everything else.

It wasn't rational. Silly old man running WWE just didn't care. He'd picked his new John Cena and that was the end of it. Took priority over everything else.

So instead of actually providing any reputable evidence about this you go on your typical anti-Vince McMahon rant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back