WWE WrestleMania 36, Sun Apr 5th & Mon April 6th, 9am AEST (via tape delay magic)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
presumably they will go ahead with WM in some form, unless the US government shuts it down.

This situation escalated rapidly over the last 24 hours. Travel from Europe to the US is being s**t down for 30 days (so WM). The NBA has suspended the season. March Madness will be in closed stadiums.

I’m starting to feel that Wrestlemania ain’t happening on April 5.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Live on PPV from Full Sail

** The Performance Center.

I've read reports they are airing Smackdown for there this week. Easy to control a crowd when it's wrestlers families & friends.

This situation escalated rapidly over the last 24 hours. Travel from Europe to the US is being shut down for 30 days (so WM). The NBA has suspended the season. March Madness will be in closed stadiums.

I’m starting to feel that Wrestlemania ain’t happening on April 5.

especially if there have been some people testing positive in Tampa.

** The Performance Center.

I've read reports they are airing Smackdown for there this week. Easy to control a crowd when it's wrestlers families & friends.

no, not yet

"WWE has not cancelled Friday Night SmackDown in Detroit, however, based on the current situation, we are putting contingency plans in place in the event that upcoming WWE shows are cancelled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues."

WWE has issued a statement on the current status of WrestleMania 36.

"While we remain committed to hosting WrestleMania at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, April 5, we are putting contingency plans in place in the event that it is cancelled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues," WWE said. "The health and safety of our fans, performers and employees are our top priorities and we are monitoring the situation closely with our partners and government officials in Tampa Bay."

The statement comes after WrestleMania was a subject of discussion at the Hillsborough County (Florida) Emergency Policy Group's meeting today. With the show still a few weeks away, officials opted not to make a decision as of now. It was said that -- if WWE doesn't take action on their own -- officials would reconvene to discuss updates and what actions to take next.
----------------
feels like both parties are waiting for the other to make the decision for them.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
feels like both parties are waiting for the other to make the decision for them.

Yep. That's exactly what's happening.

If we didn't know it before, we certainly knew after WWE's Saudi Arabia show following the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi that this company is completely morally bankrupt.

But the notion that you refuse to make a decision despite what the NBA, MLB and NHL have done doesn't make them look strong or brave - it makes them look idiotic.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
If Vinces dead silence about this doesn't show how out of touch and senile he is nothing will.

Id put my house on this not going ahead.

If you saw what the Wrestlecon promoter said today, I think it probably identifies the game that's going on - everyone from WWE down to Wrestlecon needs Florida or Tampa Bay to cancel it, because then they can claim insurance on everything. And in WWE's case, they can claim any outstanding losses from the city/state for the breach of contract.. If they cancel it themselves, they're on the hook for all the losses.

So far as Wrestlemania goes, it's a really ugly game of Russian Roulette between WWE and Tampa Bay/Florida/Federal decision makers.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
No chance this happens in front of a paying crowd. WWE (Vince McMahon) refusing to do the decent thing and postpone it like NBA and NHL.

UK and Ireland added to US travel ban.

Last edited:
Confirmed to be aired live on the Network and PPV from the Performance Center with essential crew only.

Back