WWE WrestleMania 36, Sun Apr 5th & Mon April 6th, 9am AEST (via tape delay magic)

Remove this Banner Ad

Two empty arena shows in, and they're already boring as s**t. The main event segment today was the hokiest thing I've ever seen. And if Austin can't make something work, alarm bells should be ringing.

Rather than this run of the mill boredom, I'd love to see WWE take the opportunity to do something really creative with WrestleMania.

It's a closed arena, so hopefully they can assume that spoilers won't get out. So shoot for the moon. WWE should go back and watch Final Deletion. Go back and watch the second series of Lucha Underground. And then watch some action movies.

Shoot your matches earlier in the week. Edit them together as movies. Make something insanely memorable.

They won't, cos they're lazy. But it'd be such a cool idea.

They need it to fill the insurance contract according to @fightoracle on twitter. He's usually switched on with this stuff

MSG WM36 in June rumoured

An insurance contract isn't making them do a wrestling show during a global pandemic. WrestleMania is happening because people won't buy WWE Network without it.

Two empty arena shows in, and they're already boring as s**t. The main event segment today was the hokiest thing I've ever seen. And if Austin can't make something work, alarm bells should be ringing.

Rather than this run of the mill boredom, I'd love to see WWE take the opportunity to do something really creative with WrestleMania.

It's a closed arena, so hopefully they can assume that spoilers won't get out. So shoot for the moon. WWE should go back and watch Final Deletion. Go back and watch the second series of Lucha Underground. And then watch some action movies.

Shoot your matches earlier in the week. Edit them together as movies. Make something insanely memorable.

I think the thing that is killing it are the promos. Without the crowd reaction it comes across as being flat. If they stuck to wrestling and interviews it just might work better...

Cena vs the fiend in the firefly fun house could be epic

The two days thing is an exceptional idea, because now the WWE can realistically have a 16 match, 8 hour show and it won't bloody matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i Remember back in the good old days they only used to run for 3 hours. When it started to double that time they should have had a 2 day event, infuse it with the HOF throughout the show.

Is it to minimize infection risk? If someone in the first match of the a night has it they'll probably all get it. There's zero fan appetite for WrestleMania to be over two nights, that's for sure.

Is it to minimize infection risk? If someone in the first match of the a night has it they'll probably all get it. There's zero fan appetite for WrestleMania to be over two nights, that's for sure.
I mean I would've watched Takeover and Mania so 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing more NXT matches at Wrestlemania as well now it's two days [depending on where talent is & if they can travel]; especially the bigger matches like Finn/WALTER & Gargano/Ciampa. Mix it in with the main talent [but even film it from different arenas] so that Wrestlemania is the last 'Big show' for all WWE talent into it has to shut down anything more than weekly 'highlight' shows from the PC & Stanford.

Preshow isn't WrestleMania. It's mostly a long ad telling you to order WrestleMania.

Sure I'm not the only honky who gave Wrestle Kingdom a miss because they made it two nights.

I doubt Mania will be 2 nights in future so I don't think they really stole it.

I doubt WK will be two nights in the future either either.

It was only done because of Jan 4th being a Saturday & 2020 being Japan’s ‘sporting super year’

Wrestlemania taped over 2 nights they have an opportunity to really do a couple things different get really creative.

Taker vs AJ - Grave Yard Match
Could have a cameo from The Club and Kane

Orton vs Edge - Stock Room Brawl
Imagine these guys in a shopping stock room going at it to see who the last man standing is.

Raw Tag Team TLC
Street Profits vs AOP vs Viking Raiders vs The Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back