WWE/WWF Woah moments..

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you remember what they were, when you though oh man..

For me, there were 3 memorable moments when you saw something you'll most likely never forget

- 1999 Over the edge. Was watching the ppv on foxtel and they were doing the blue blazer/godfather promo then unexpectedly they cut scene to paramedics working on Owen in the ring. The rest we know from there

- 1998 KOR hell in a cell Undertaker vs Mankind when Mankind took a dive off the cage onto the announce table.. Man that was a sickening crunch

- Smackdown episode where Lesnar suplexes Big Show off the top rope collapsing the ring

What are yours?

WM 2000 Jeff Hardy Swanton Bomb off the top of the extra tall ladder on to one of the Dudleys through a table on the floor. I thought he broke his back.

Also Foley's bumps off the cell at KOTR 98 - I still go "woah" every time I see it and have shown it to so many people who never watch wrestling when they ask about it being fake.

Foley (again) getting smashed in the head by a chair repeatedly by the Rock while having his hands cuffed behind his back at RR 99.

Bret Hart going through the table at SS 95 - it was the first time I'd seen anyone go through a table and it blew me away (I had never seen ECW) - seems really tame compared to what came after though hahaha. Also Diesel jackknifing Michaels through the table at IYH7 and beating Michaels with Mad Dog Vachon's prosthetic leg. That last one was kinda more "haha" than "woah".

The Radicals (Benoit, Saturn, Guerrero) turning up on Raw in January 2000 (?).

And of course Vince McMahon showing up on Nitro (simulcast) after he purchased WCW.

I'm old enough to remember watching this on Wide World of Sports.

[YOUTUBE]qe4jmxs5Hqc[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry Stinger, as much as id like to keep that vid up - unfortunately 2 seconds of the clip prevents us from doing so on BF.

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, so close.

Still, I remember watching that live and thinking "she's not going to do it is she?" Apparently it was only supposed to go live in the arena and not be broadcasted and either someone screwed up or they decided at the last minute just to go with it.

I miss The Kat/Miss Kitty.:(

Quivorir said:
Wanna tell the people that missed it what clip it was?
Miss Kitty - Armageddon 1999. If you know it, you know what I mean. If you don't know it, youtube is your friend.

Also Foley's bumps off the cell at KOTR 98 - I still go "woah" every time I see it and have shown it to so many people who never watch wrestling when they ask about it being fake.

Another one of JR's over the top classic calls

[YOUTUBE]5ez-A_6cmxE[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one of JR's over the top classic calls

[youtube]5ez-A_6cmxE[/youtube]

Best Match Ever. Mick Foley an absolute legend. You will never see anything as hardcore as that in the WWE again.

There was an era for a while there where wrestlers were going through tables, off ladders, slammed on to thumbs tacks and god knows what else on a regular basis. Doesn't even come close these days.

I've only been watching again for a few months, but can't remember anything worthy of a "holy s**t" chant.

Lol pretty sure stinger posted that in another thread and I totally wasn't expecting it.

I'm probably younger than most of you, I remember watching Edge and Litas live sex celebration and praying to God my parents wouldn't walk in.

I'm old enough to remember watching this on Wide World of Sports.

Wide World of Sports is the forgotten hero of Australian wrestling fans in the early/mid 80s.

I was hooked after seeing this match on WWOS. I couldn't believe how wild it was and the blood just added to it.

[YOUTUBE]pdwkMRYjQvw[/YOUTUBE]

Best spot was when big show planted michinoku on his chin superman style... An early royal rumble from 00's rewound that 50 times just to see the look of pain on takas face owch!!! Lol

Best spot was when big show planted michinoku on his chin superman style... An early royal rumble from 00's rewound that 50 times just to see the look of pain on takas face owch!!! Lol

Is that the one where King keeps on calling him Chinese and JR has to correct him? King just wanted it replayed over and over.

Edge spearing Jeff Hardy off the 20ft ladder.

Thought Jeff was dead.

Angle suplexing Shane McMahon through the glass and it not shattering. Suplexes him again and again until it breaks. Angle hitting the Olympic Slam off the top rope. Shane O'Mac is an incredibly underrated wrestler.

All of Edge & Christians PPV matches with one or more of The Hardyz and The Dudleyz.

As Edge said in his first autobiography they just worked so well together, and it was hard for them to have a bad match.

Some of those spots we're amazing.

[youtube]2wMt94KDiQg[/youtube]

Angle suplexing Shane McMahon through the glass and it not shattering. Suplexes him again and again until it breaks. Angle hitting the Olympic Slam off the top rope. Shane O'Mac is an incredibly underrated wrestler.

There's a difference between a wrestler and a guy who can take a solid bump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back