Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 42.9%

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

So who's pumped for the rumble now that shawn has so bravely gone against doctors orders and nominated for the match!! It has just renewed my hatred for him watching these raws. Was good seeing undertaker vs kane circa 1996 also.
Definitely seems like they're setting Shawn up for the win. That Ringmaster bloke looks alright though. Just has a certain vibe about him. Definitely has the looks of a future Royal Rumble winner.

Definitely seems like they're setting Shawn up for the ring. That Ringmaster bloke looks alright though. Just has a certain vibe about him. Definitely has the looks of a future Royal Rumble winner.
Yeah i think he needs a makeover though. Needs to stop being so nice on the mic too. Says "man" too much and sounds like a poor mans dude love. Could do with a trim up top too. Oh and those dark green tights? eek

Can't remember when I started watching. Probably around 97-98. I like WCW a lot more, probably because I see it live in Melbourne when Gilberg bagged Goldberg. Goldberg came to the ring and speared the hell out of him

Can't remember when I started watching. Probably around 97-98. I like WCW a lot more, probably because I see it live in Melbourne when Gilberg bagged Goldberg. Goldberg came to the ring and speared the hell out of him
Gillberg was in WWF.

latest

norman-smiley2.JPG

They are pretty easy to confuse

on a related note. I never knew Mr Perfect was a jobber to begin with. One of the greatest of all time.

Was but a 'smart jobber' in that like Michaels despite being a small jobbing nobody he was completely putting together and or calling his matches whether tag or single and making it and everyone around him look better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few thoughts half way through the first ep.

I much prefer this version of Lawler than the later AE "PUPPIES!!!" version. Vince is entertaining even if its sometimes for the wrong reasons.

Scheme Gene lol.

Ahmed is a beast. Shame things didnt work out for him.

Austin cuts a standard promo...man. You can tell hes such a great talker even if the material isnt there yet.

96/97 Stone Cold is my favourite period of his. from when i went through this period a few years ago the split screen interview with Bret (where he really makes Bret look like a tool) and his short promo at Mind Games 96 are two that have stuck in my mind from 96

"you put the letter S in front of Hitman and you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart"

look at something like this and try to imagine anyone current doing it

the guy could run his mouth like very few others

Last edited:
I began watching WWF in mid-1998, but I was watching tapes from 1994 (SummerSlam '94 and Survivor Series '94 were the first ones I watched), just as a curious kid exploring at the video store. Had no idea of the revolution that was going in wrestling at the time or that anyone else was even into it until later that year, when they aired Survivor Series and then Superstars on Channel Ten on Saturday nights.

"who you callin' old, brother?"

ep 2

Doc tells us his sources say Razor is on the way

The Hardys being around forever will never not seem strange to me. Hopefully Matt has shaved his armpits the next time he gets squashed.

Todd Pettingill sighting. Plugs the Rumble and says "WWF" about 400 times in a way that makes me irrationally angry.

This Michaels stuff is already insufferable. And theres still a year left of jerking him off. ******* hell.

Billionaire Ted and the Wrasslin Warroom is back, just incase anyone thought Donald Trump was the pettiest person alive. These are amazing. "They've got better athletes. All we've got are the disloyal, greedy has beens from the 80s". Vince Russo plays the Ted lackey who says that, which makes the first sentence amusing.

Docs sources tell us that Razor is only a few miles away and might be here for the Goldust interview

Vince interviews Goldust in the ring which gives Lawler time to s**t on Vince, although annoyingly he talks over Vince a bit. Highlight: Goldusts "is that a microphone in your pants..." line and Lawler busting up at it.

"...are you trying to prey on the homophobic fears of most men, especially one who oozes machismo" oh 1996

Taker vs Kane Isaac Yankem. "Yankem is in more trouble than Hillary Rodham Clinton" Vince with the 20 year in advance topical reference. About as nothing of a match as you would expect. i cant tell if the crowd is chanting "rest in peace" or "brush your teeth". they get in a little practice of the Tombstone reversal spot they would go on to use 1000 times.

Sunny is in a bath and says "We just did it for an hour. Now thats what I call Raw". Between her little vignettes and Goldust its clear the company is moving away from the ultra family friendly stuff and towards the adult horny teenagers and drunk college kids market it would soon dominate.

Razor finally shows up and attacks Goldust. They fight out into the snow but Goldust gets away. Thankfully he parked his car right next to the door that Razor threw him out of. Lucky.

i like the 1 hour format. easy to get through and keeps things fresh as most people are only featured once every couple of weeks. when does it turn to 2 hours?

just finished the Rumble match. show is pretty lackluster so far. highlight possibly Ahmed nearly killing himself with a dive over the rope. one small note is that Vince refers to The Ringmaster as Steve Austin for what must be the first time. also calls him 'cold and calculating'. in that Livewire video i posted above Austin refers to himself a buzzsaw and thats exactly what hes been like in the 2 matches so far. goes at it with an intensity no one else seems to have.

Back