2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Woodville

The second half was what I was expecting 6 weeks ago at Alberton, but we produced that brilliant 2nd quarter and won the game by 10 goals. Its why I wrote in that game day thread its probably the best Magpies performance since reunification at the end of 2013. We smashed the reigning premiers who although they lost 7 premiership players, most were replace by guys who won the reserves premiership last year.

We had 12 top up players for that game. Our AFL players were as follows 50 gamers in bold;

Rockliff, Farrell, Lienert, Bonner, Ladhams, Schofield, Williams, Mckenzie, Garner and Hayes.

Yesterday away from home ot our AFL listed players were;
Lienert, Schofield, Frederick, Hayes, Lord, McEntee, Goldsack, Hartlett, Garner, Williams

Plus they had Lonergan and Jack Hayes playing this game.

The first half was a good contest like the first quarter 6 weeks ago. There was no 2nd quarter heroics this game. The 2nd half their class was just too good for us and they steam rolled us, as you would expect the bigger, older bodies of their players to do at this time of the year. They were after revenge after playing so poorly. We didn't have Ladhams and Hayes to double team Redden.

You don't want that sort of 2nd half happening every week but unfortunately it will be a reality to happen more often this season whilst we have 8-10 AFL players unavailable now that the hard grind thru winter has started.

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The second half was what I was expecting 6 weeks ago at Alberton, but we produced that brilliant 2nd quarter and won the game by 10 goals. Its why I wrote in that game day thread its probably the best Magpies performance since reunification at the end of 2013. We smashed the reigning premiers who although they lost 7 premiership players, most were replace by guys who won the reserves premiership last year.

We had 12 top up players for that game. Our AFL players were as follows 50 gamers in bold;

Rockliff, Farrell, Lienert, Bonner, Ladhams, Schofield, Williams, Mckenzie, Garner and Hayes.

Yesterday away from home ot our AFL listed players were;
Lienert, Schofield, Frederick, Hayes, Lord, McEntee, Goldsack, Hartlett, Garner, Williams

Plus they had Lonergan and Jack Hayes playing this game.

The first half was a good contest like the first quarter 6 weeks ago. There was no 2nd quarter heroics this game. The 2nd half their class was just too good for us and they steam rolled us, as you would expect the bigger, older bodies of their players to do at this time of the year. They were after revenge after playing so poorly. We didn't have Ladhams and Hayes to double team Redden.

You don't want that sort of 2nd half happening every week but unfortunately it will be a reality to happen more often this season whilst we have 8-10 AFL players unavailable now that the hard grind thru winter has started.
So true. Our midfield consisted of top up players and Schofield. There was the difference.

Back