2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 12th of June 2:35pm at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

This will be our 2nd game on Channel 7 for the year.

Radio: 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

Fantasia is out for the AFL side, so perhaps Bergman might take his place, Woodcock will be the sub. Trent Burgoyne and Matt Appleton could be a chance to play here. Lienert should be good to go after his concussion. Sutcliffe being assessed with a shoulder problem still. Jase Burgoyne is back at the WWT Eagles Under 18s so he's out. Mead and Pasini might not be too far off, but I don't think they'll play here.

Mid-season draftee Jed McEntee will make his PAFC SANFL Debut.

This game a couple of days after the AFL game so the sub will be able to play (EG: Woodcock). Edit: Sub activated so Woodcock can’t play.

1 games clear in the top 5 and with a game in hand. This will be a very tough test.
1622968693401.png

Maggies Side:
IN: McEntee, Appleton, Bode, Aldridge
OUT: Woodcock (AFL), Sutcliffe (Shoulder), J.Burgoyne (Back at WWT Eagles), Mayes

F: Edwards - Lord - Williams
HF: Moore - Weidemann - Wong
C: Frederick - Appleton - Schofield
HB: Strange - Goldsack - Wildman
B: Hartlett - Lienert - Garner
R: Hayes - Corcoran - McEntee
INT FROM: Aldridge - Samblich - Westbrook - Bode

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mcintee will be a huge in for the magpies. His last few games at sanfl level he racked up the clearances. Exactly the player they need.

Hayes Mcintee mayes Sutcliffe Schofield and woodcock is a pretty damn good midfield for sanfl level.

A few less injuries and we would be looking at several of rocky mead Farrell and Bergman going through the middle as well which would blitz.

Wwt are a decent side but we’ve played well this year, could be another upset.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Initial Maggies Side: (3 players to drop out)
IN: McEntee, T.Burgoyne, Appleton, Bode, Carter
OUT: Sutcliffe (Shoulder), J.Burgoyne (Back at WWT Eagles)

HF: T.Burgoyne - Weidemann - Woodcock
HB: Strange - Corcoran - Hartlett
B: Goldsack - Lienert - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - McEntee
INT FROM: Moore - Wong - Wildman - Samblich - Westbrook - Bode - Carter

Great to see Trent back

Initial Maggies Side: (3 players to drop out)
IN: McEntee, T.Burgoyne, Appleton, Bode, Carter
OUT: Sutcliffe (Shoulder), J.Burgoyne (Back at WWT Eagles)

HF: T.Burgoyne - Weidemann - Woodcock
HB: Strange - Corcoran - Hartlett
B: Goldsack - Lienert - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - McEntee
INT FROM: Moore - Wong - Wildman - Samblich - Westbrook - Bode - Carter

Lol I read J Burgoyne (back) and was about to curse our luck, then kept reading :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would hope there would be guys playing for at least 4 spots in the senior side. Some added incentive in what will be a tough game.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bit out of left field. Jed, if he plays well against the Eagles, should be one of the travelling emergencies going to the Gold Coast, seeing he can’t play against his old side.
Not left field at all. He should go for the experience of traveling with the group and being immersed in the game eve/day preparation. When we beat Collingwood at the G in a few years back they took Irra and I think another for the same reason - I was on the same flight going over and thought there'd be a selection surprise but it wasn't to be.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Bit out of left field. Jed, if he plays well against the Eagles, should be one of the travelling emergencies going to the Gold Coast, seeing he can’t play against his old side.
I agree, not left field at all.

Jones had to play pressure forward in the second half because we had none- that's the role Jed was chosen to play. I'd expect Jed to play 50/50 forward and midfield for the Maggies and if he plays well- he's in as far as I'm concerned. Woodcock, Farrell and Bonner have not taken that next step on a consistent basis despite opportunities. Time to try something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back