2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my biggest takeaways today is good on Weidemann making a big effort after being one of many that didn't get picked up in the midseason draft.

He didn’t nominate, it was Edwards.

Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1
What’s not to like about him? Unless he’s 36, he’s a walk up start in our AFL forward line the way it’s played this year. Would help Dixon immeasurably while Georgiades learns his craft better.
Reading draft notes they say he's regarded as a little slow? Looks ok to me and only 24.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Williams was terrible then.

A half hearted marking attempt them didn't even try to turn around let alone chase.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
90% of what Williams does is half-hearted (or less). Terrible body language, poor chaser, a worse air tackler than Jake Neade. Takes a couple of special marks and a couple of freakish goals, but is a five minute footballer in a 120 minute game. Looks so disinterested every time I watch him play.
We didn’t need his type with the pick we used on him. We need a high possession midfielder: Schoenberg or Robertson would have been much safer and wiser picks.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
90% of what Williams does is half-hearted (or less). Terrible body language, poor chaser, a worse air tackler than Jake Neade. Takes a couple of special marks and a couple of freakish goals, but is a five minute footballer in a 120 minute game. Looks so disinterested every time I watch him play.
We didn’t need his type with the pick we used on him. We need a high possession midfielder: Schoenberg or Robertson would have been much safer and wiser picks.
I think we do need forwards but we need midfielders more. Its why I have beef with the McEntee selection.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He marks. Our talls do not.
Our talls are instructed directly not to mark.

It's always "we like that our forwards bring the ball to ground", "bring the ball to ground" "good at halving a contest"

Then one goes down then its "Our forwards struggled without Todd helping them bringing the ball to ground"

Actual loser ******* game style.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1623481466979.png

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Much of your criticism of Williams is warranted and then you go and say something stupid like should have taken Schoenberg. Berg is a battler who most resembles Kane Mitchell without the workrate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Class starting to tell now.
Best to date: Lienert, Garner, Frederick, Williams, Wiedemann, Hayes.

Note: Hammer - cooked, doesn't try, delist at end of the season. Schoey - needs to impact more but has classy hands. Goldy - could still get a game in our AFL side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back