2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

8.7 to 2.2 in the second half. 1 point in the last quarter.

Bad news about Brogsy.

Lienert 23 disposals and 10 marks.

Broadie had a bag of ice strapped to his left ankle as he hobbled to the players race. Dont know which ankle he hurt last year and had surgery on.

Only saw Jake as he got to the race so only saw upper half of his body but he was hobbling as well. Suggests its not as bad an injury as it looked when he went down.

Thats what you get when your SANFL side is just for AFL players to loaf around in many cases and not get injured in case of an AFL callup is needed.
Plus SANFL rules giving us top ups that are mainly other clubs' U18's from the previous year that were not good enough to make Reserves level.
Plus our younger draftees are mostly not good enough for SANFL level for another year yet.
Adds up to lack of depth and hence inability to sustain good efforts for 4 quarters.
Ce le vie!

Thats what you get when your SANFL side is just for AFL players to loaf around in many cases and not get injured in case of an AFL callup is needed.
Plus SANFL rules giving us top ups that are mainly other clubs' U18's from the previous year that were not good enough to make Reserves level.
Plus our younger draftees are mostly not good enough for SANFL level for another year yet.
Adds up to lack of depth and hence inability to sustain good efforts for 4 quarters.
Ce le vie!

No doubt it’s structured for the AFL clubs to loose... The sanfl want us in the bottom two every year, they don’t care about the competition, they don’t care about the development of young player.

Yea I do smartass it's about the A grade petal not third tier Snaffel tin cups

Though I completely agree with this post. I wouldn't describe it as a good hit out, except for maybe Hombsch and Lienert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth noting with Broadbent he had a late fitness test for this game as well.

He probably shat himself because it was the same ankle and didn't want to even consider pushing on as he feared it was bad. Hope he pulls up okay.

So ive just woken to this result, not unexpected but obviously disappointing after a great start.

Marshall has had by far his highest possession game, but didnt impact the scoreboard at all. Any special reason for that?

And Broady :(

Hope Neade isnt too bad either, we need to keep some depth fit, and our injury list is mounting from that side of things.

If you thought that was a good hit out you are kidding yourself.
We got run over by a team sitting 3rd on their home deck after leading for most of the day if you are gonna melt over a magoos game I don't know what to tell ya.

No doubt it’s structured for the AFL clubs to loose... The sanfl want us in the bottom two every year, they don’t care about the competition, they don’t care about the development of young player.

Nah. They'd want us in the GF every few years so AO is more than half full, as long as we lose of course.

Sent from mTalk

I don't like using this term because I'm not out there putting my body on the line but this team is as soft as it's coach the 'teacher'. The club tells me they're seriousness about the sanfl. Hmmm well the reserves are incapable and on the brink of folding, the top ups are incapable, the decent former Magpies players are winning flags elsewhere, and the club allowed 4 seasons to pass by before putting their foot down on the Summo rule (poor bugger). Then to top it off they sack Chad because he won games by his own decisions and they employ a bloke that played in the club's worse sanfl era of all time amounting to having played near zero finals and convincingly taking Glenelg from a certain finals spot to missing them within three games by losing to three other bottom four teams.

Ce le vie!
#

We made the SANFL Grand Final last year.

Not sure they sacked Chad he moved up to more AFL duties, the way the SANFL head coaching role has been like a revolving door since alignment should highlight where it sits ie completely development.. Maggie days of yore brigade need to accept it

Not sure they sacked Chad he moved up to more AFL duties, the way the SANFL head coaching role has been like a revolving door since alignment should highlight where it sits ie completely development.. Maggie days of yore brigade need to accept it
If you talk to people within the club, Chad was DEFINITELY moved on as he coached to win, rather than Developing Team plans and a structures. I don’t think it was a bad thing, a winning culture is what Port Adelaide is about.

If you talk to people within the club, Chad was DEFINITELY moved on as he coached to win, rather than Developing Team plans and a structures. I don’t think it was a bad thing, a winning culture is what Port Adelaide is about.
Interesting, I agree with moving him out of the role if so it's all about development you can still coach to win within the greater purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back