2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 8 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a few of those when we had a piggery .. we got a pig killed every month or two..

100 Bloody Acres :D 6-2-2.

Our young players still look pretty lightweight. Need to get a weights coach from Geelong or Kangaoos to Alberton. Hard to play tough contested footy otherwise.

many here will polish it or rcg it as 'its our 2nds' but since the SANFL compromise (zone/juniors etc) and even when we were competent and in a GF I had no faith in the players and system, sorry but there is no care factor/desire or accountability, wasting our time in the SANFL and not worthy of the PB's , kind of hoping the pissants expel us, I don't see any current advantages rewarding and helping the AFL PAFC.. move on or wind it up:(

Our SANFL performances are suffering because of a long AFL injury list. Only 10 AFL listed players out there today. Probably 8-10 therefore missing. It creates a domino effect that amplifies the further down the chain you go.

Melting not intended, but I thought Carlile looked very rusty and Clurey far from polished.
Butcher was both played out of position and not utilised properly but did himself no favours with his own positioning in contests and appeared to lack effort.
Sam Gray is back to being a scrappy, nothing player.
Logan Austin still impresses me.
Colquhoun played his role well but is hardly the type of player I want to see in our AFL side.
Howard competes manfully for his size.
Palmer went ok and the early signs from Houston were good before he faded.

Wonder why sam gray
Our SANFL performances are suffering because of a long AFL injury list. Only 10 AFL listed players out there today. Probably 8-10 therefore missing. It creates a domino effect that amplifies the further down the chain you go.

Melting not intended, but I thought Carlile looked very rusty and Clurey far from polished.
Butcher was both played out of position and not utilised properly but did himself no favours with his own positioning in contests and appeared to lack effort.
Sam Gray is back to being a scrappy, nothing player.
Logan Austin still impresses me.
Colquhoun played his role well but is hardly the type of player I want to see in our AFL side.
Howard competes manfully for his size.
Palmer went ok and the early signs from Houston were good before he faded.

Are we for real...S Gray named as best on port site and the Hoon not in the first five..

That is an absolute joke Gray gad a shocker

Butcher has collided with the 'perfect storm'.
Trying to get a game at AFL he is playing a key forward with the maggies who only entered inside 50 - 31 times today.
Delivery was diabolical. People saying he didn't look interested - well I can understand his frustration.

Trying to get a game at AFL he is playing a key forward with the maggies who only entered inside 50 - 31 times today.
Delivery was diabolical. People saying he didn't look interested - well I can understand his frustration.
I largely agree. In the first half he was nowhere near the play probably because of the way we used him. Then he gets swapped with Masters in the third quarter and can't stay with his direct opponent at CHB.

The writing was on the wall for Butcher as soon as Hinkley opted not to promote him anytime between Rd 2 and 5.

That and one would think after 4 weeks of having your hand firmly up for selection to get ignored for other options knowing that's pretty much your career he could go downhill from here.

Just got back from Woodville and not a good day for us. Those who watched on tv will have a better take on
what happened but here's my eyewitness account. Down the southern end with the cheersquad it was a 3maybe 4
goal breeze and at 1/4 time I thought you beauty we're in for a good result. Yeah right :eek:. Our game plan stinks!!!!
Bombing blind and hoping is not a system that's going to work. Watched Bobby closely in the 3qtr and seriously
he was loafing around. Their link up play carved us up. Sure the umps were ordinary and we didn't get the
bounce of the ball but geesh whatever is coming out of the coaches box is NOT WORKING. Very depressing day.
Never thought I'd see such 1/2 arsed efforts from players on good coin.
There are problems in Magpie land and it's hard not to blame the system. Eventually the players thru frustration
or helplessness end up giving what they do. I don't blame the players I blame KH
come at me.

Wonder why sam gray

Are we for real...S Gray named as best on port site and the Hoon not in the first five..

That is an absolute joke Gray gad a shocker
Yeah as noted previously, Daniela Abbracciavento doesn't seem to have a clue about football (or writing, for that matter). I've stopped reading the Magpies match reports altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Hoon at half forward or halfback?
Half back. A lot of his possessions came from short kicks switching play from one back pocket to the other. He took some good marks intercepting the play and read the footy well when they were kicking with the breeze. He just doesn't carry the ball much, and certainly not at speed. He reminds me so much of Kane Cornes without Kane's dogged tagging ability. Hard to criticise his game today - he was best of a sad bunch by far - but we don't need his type of player in the AFL side.

Was Hoon at half forward or halfback?
Back. Did well, I thought.
Tried to set up some play from the back, saved a few goals.

I thought he helped keep us in it with his defensive play when we were bring bombarded early in the second quarter.

I'm not sure if we need him in the 1s right now, but he was the only AFL player who looked worthy of consideration.

Our SANFL top up players were the only ones giving it a crack for 4 quarters, our AFL players have been performing poorly and playing selfishly to get themselves a game in the seniors side.
Colqhoun may have had quite a few touches, pushing over for the switch, but did nothing effective for the switch. Out coached and out pressed by a far better SANFL side

s**t game, I should've stayed at home.
Yeah tell me about it and its a fair drive for me too.
I didn't go to the Sturt game at Unley (thank heavens) but left the ground today with clinical depression.
Don't know how it came up on tv but at the ground it was putrid.
Bad sad day. Right now I could ****en scream.

Going by the stats, both Cluzza ( 8 touches and 36 DT points ), and Butch ( 7 touches and 28 DT points ) had Barries of the Crocker variety, which doesn't bode well for a call up to the Power lineup anytime soon for either of them.

This may have been said by someone else, but Chad's game plan reminds me just a tad of a Power coach from a few years back, ie it sometimes appears to be a bit chocolate chappish. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah tell me about it and its a fair drive for me too.
I didn't go to the Sturt game at Unley (thank heavens) but left the ground today with clinical depression.
Don't know how it came up on tv but at the ground it was putrid.
Bad sad day. Right now I could ****en scream.

It was just as bad on the TV very depressing indeed. I better not say to much or i could get red carded. Stating the obvious here there are serious problems at Alberton i cant remember supporting stuff like this.:(

There is one player I could really tee off on but as this is a public forum I'd better keep my thoughts to myself.
Stating the obvious here there are serious problems at Alberton
In the last qtr we bombed it out of defence about 5 times for it to be chest marked by their ring of defenders.
It was face palm stuff. I can't really blame Chad Cornes as I'm pretty sure he coaches as he is told to.

Still learning...

26730143120_710e0ac1de_c.jpg

26909824252_23f3ccfa15_c.jpg

26398282794_fbe956aff2_c.jpg

26970422356_bcf62fa40b_c.jpg

26730109610_987a10b1fe_c.jpg

26398253974_f5148896c1_c.jpg

26970397676_8b7a30eb01_c.jpg

26970386086_e1844e9340_c.jpg

26909765112_ea1b108351_c.jpg

26909753802_ca9397fbba_c.jpg

26399845973_4c01519935_c.jpg

26399831133_aa3c9bd707_c.jpg

26730025930_b917b2273f_c.jpg

Have to say that after today Butch is out of my headspace for good perhaps we should all adopt the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Back