2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Semi Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles would probably argue that they won most games during the year and should be champions.

Cannot remember the year but in the 1990's we were well beaten by Centrals in the Second Semi but came back to win the Prelim then the Grand Final then in 1998 we scraped into the five and won the Grand Final so this format is not all that bad.

We get a week off and we have beaten both sides at our last outing so the advantage should be ours.
We've now technically won more games than them. 15 wins 5 losses to 14 wins 5 losses.

Great stuff Maggies! A ray of sunshine on a depressing weekend.

Spare a thought for those of us are Power supporters in the AFL and Cronulla supporters in the NRL. Both teams lost an Elimination Final in extra time. Thank * for the Magpies. At least I have one thing to smile about. :)

The SANFL finals system is dumb. We've just beaten Sturt and the Eagles in finals in consecutive weeks. So now we have to come back in two weeks and beat one of them again to prove that we're the best team in the competition? AFAIC we should already be premiers.
Ha ha ha what...

Belted out the song with gusto!

What rule change can the SNAFL enforce at the 11th hour to leave us with seven available players to select?

You just know those vaudeville villains are thinking about it...

They don't have to create a new rule, simply enforce the unwritten one. Fcuk over the PAFC.

There better be no effing Mad Monday. This club still has work to do......

I kinda agree with that. It would be nice to wait a couple of weeks til the SANFL is done and dusted but we know that will not happen. I guess those involved in last night's loss will want to let their hair down ASAP.

Arch needs to actually be given a consistent run at AFL level. He hasn't been afforded the opportunity given to other players. I'd hold on to him for now, unless he specifically requests a trade.

I can't get my head around the lack of games Arch has been given this year while certain players are gifted them. Unfathomable really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if anyone else picked up via the teev, the Maggies are loaded with players with a squillion AFL games
And we don't need permission to wear the prison bars

And btw Ford, you and others who had the privilege of being at the game, were you ever aware the Maggies were loaded with players who had played a squillion games of AFL

It was a regular (aside) on the teev. The things one learns.

The SANFL finals system is dumb. We've just beaten Sturt and the Eagles in finals in consecutive weeks. So now we have to come back in two weeks and beat one of them again to prove that we're the best team in the competition? AFAIC we should already be premiers.
Lol you just took a whole host of premierships off us.

'98, '96, '94, '90

But we did gain '97.

Spare a thought for those of us are Power supporters in the AFL and Cronulla supporters in the NRL. Both teams lost an Elimination Final in extra time. Thank **** for the Magpies. At least I have one thing to smile about. :)
I'm one of those unlucky ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back