Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

On the all uniforms tab for Geelong, should we have a discussion on whether the number one uniform for the cats is now white shorts and white socks with blue hoops?
Yes and no because vs Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and occasionally GWS they still wear blue shorts.

On the all uniforms tab for Geelong, should we have a discussion on whether the number one uniform for the cats is now white shorts and white socks with blue hoops?
I don't think it is, the Cats are just happy to wear that against darker teams.

My 2 cents... I'd add Geelong's blue clash and note that it was the official clash jumper but was never worn (*the last part pending).

Likewise with the other GFC clash jumpers that never got a run in the last few years.

My 2 cents... I'd add Geelong's blue clash and note that it was the official clash jumper but was never worn (*the last part pending).

Likewise with the other GFC clash jumpers that never got a run in the last few years.
But where does it end?
Training jumpers? Promotional jumpers?
My line has always been: used in an AFL sanctioned game.
Night Series count. Home & Away obviously count. Practice match jumpers don't.
Neither have jumpers that were made but not used.

But where does it end?
Training jumpers? Promotional jumpers?
My line has always been: used in an AFL sanctioned game.
Night Series count. Home & Away obviously count. Practice match jumpers don't.
Neither have jumpers that were made but not used.
How many times have you had to copy/paste this? I think this is the third time I've seen this topic come up in the last 12 months.

Is it worth adding something to the OP so newcomers can be quickly redirected there when needed?

The terms "home" and "away" regarding on field kits are such irrelevant terms now. Time we give the white shorts the heave-ho.
Not if they're matched with a mostly white jumper.
The AFL policy is for a light and a dark uniform, one of which is chosen as the home. Geelong and North are the only clubs who wear their light as their home.

Yeah agree:thumbsu:

I guess I was looking at the question is there a difference between home and primary uniform in this case.
AFL uniform policy is an oxymoron in itself.
There appears to be no uniform uniform policy.
It seems like they make stuff up as they go.
Some weeks you think you know what they're going to do, then they change it.

I think perhaps the best solution might be to let whoever wins the BF FJGD Jumper Tipping comp decide.
They obviously know more about it than anyone else.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...y-footy-tipping.1122518/page-11#post-45960935

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed the footyjumpers 30th Year guernsey from West Coast doesn't have the 1987 above the number.

West-Coast-30yrs-2016.gif

446291.jpg
446315.jpg

In the WAFL footy jumpers show that the jumper numbers change for 82-84. I believe the change was for the 84 season only. Sekem went with iron on front number for the only time, it only lasted one year though. The number fonts back and front for 82 and 83 were the same as 1981. This change also happened on the WAFL stat jumper for 1984 only

The high v was what they wore in their first 10 years. With a simple CC underneath that stood for Claremont Cottesloe. I'm guessing it's a nod to their history

Another tidbit on west Perth jumpers. In the early 60s they outsourced their jumper manufacture to Jason mills. They ended up with a Essendon style curved sash as a result.

Last edited:
Did Carlton only wear this AVCO logo guernsey during the 1976 pre-season? View attachment 278219
Conjecture:
Possibly they had them on their training jumpers, but were not used in games.
They may have used them in practice matches.

Fact:
In 1976 there was no preseason as know it today.
There was a Wills Cup Comp run in conjunction with the VFL season, in which Carlton played against South Fremantle & Norwood.
Whether Carlton wore those jumpers in that comp or not, I don't know.
However, even if they did, the pic above is from before the season started as John Nicholls resigned as coach before the 1976 season.
So the pic above is from a practice match, or training.

The Uniforms by Seasons year by year uniforms now has a Previous and Next button so you can go from one year to the next year more quickly.
Anyone care to have a look at get back to me with any problems you can find?

www.footyjumpers.com

The Uniforms by Seasons year by year uniforms now has a Previous and Next button so you can go from one year to the next year more quickly.

www.footyjumpers.com
Works good for me!

www.footyjumpers.com
The "previous" on the year 2000 leads to a blank screen. Works fine going "Next" from 1999 though.

Edit: Also, Geelong has the wrong uniform between 1940-1959. It should be the long sleeve version as indicated on the uniforms page. http://www.bomberblitz.com/mero/geelongall.htm

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back