Remove this Banner Ad

And ... we're back

From now on, if you want to link to an image on footyjumpers.com please use:
www.footyjumpers.com/image/(filename)

So the file "http://www.footyjumpers.com/images/Essendon-Anzac-2017.gif"
is
Essendon-Anzac-2017.gif

Should be http://www.footyjumpers.com/scrap.htm
though I think we're having some problems just at the minute.

Should Geelong's clash from last year be added to this?

See it a bit at games worn by supporters, but never used in a game.

It was the best Geelong clash ever made, but never worn, now we have the G top.

Should Geelong's clash from last year be added to this?

See it a bit at games worn by supporters, but never used in a game.

It was the best Geelong clash ever made, but never worn, now we have the G top.
Yeah, good call.
It's now on that page.

Yeah, good call.
It's now on that page.
Hi Mero Just wanted to say I love your site its fantastic. I was just wondering though? Why don't you do the SANFL jumpers aswell? I think thats the only thing missing from your site or even the old VFL jumpers?

Hi Mero Just wanted to say I love your site its fantastic. I was just wondering though? Why don't you do the SANFL jumpers aswell? I think thats the only thing missing from your site or even the old VFL jumpers?
SANFL jumpers need to be researched and then put onto the site.
However, the first part of that, researched, is the hardest part.
I am conscious of the fact that right or wrong, the website, as the only reference for footy jumpers, becomes the authoritative word on this aspect of the history of the game.
When I have incomplete or incorrect information, not only is the reader misinformed, but when corrected, the reliability of the website is called into question.
I was fortunate to have someone willing and able to work with the WAFL to research that competition's history.
To this point Rainier Wolfcastle and I are developing relationships with SANFL historians, particularly through our SA uniforms project: http://www.footyjumpers.com/SA-Uni.htm
Until then, if you, or anyone has any information on the various SANFL jumpers I'd be happy to hear it.
Here's some samples of what I have, however this won't go on the website until I have the whole competition researched to a standard I have happy with.
And that would include information on: Adelaide (original team), Bankers, Gawler, Kapunda, Prince Alfred College, South Park, Victorian & Willunga teams.
North-Adelaide-1893.gif
North Adelaide 1893
North-Adelaide-1906.gif
North Adelaide 1906
North-Adelaide-1939.gif
North 1939
North-Adelaide-1970.gif
North 1970
North-Adelaide-1977.gif
North 1977

Eventually all of these will be included:
Nth-Adel.jpg

Does anyone have access to hi-res versions the old school SANFL logos?
For a start I'd need all of those from 1978.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Mero. Thanks for this awesome site. Was wank material back in my high school days :)

Got an itch that needs scratching. Richmond's template is slightly different to west coast's. If you think it's worthy of change here are some shots to help you out...

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

Awesome job mate!

I had some time, and really, the designs were not overly complicated, so here's the Norwood page:
http://footyjumpers.com/Norwood.htm
Thanks Mero. They haven't exactly been creative with their home designs(!) but have had a few interesting clash & one-off jumpers. I didn't realise the "navy" was lighter since the lycra jumper. Looking at some images on their website & Google it appears darker, but in others it's more as you've depicted. I'll have to go to the next Port/Norwood game & suss it out (lighting's a factor I guess).

Thanks Mero. They haven't exactly been creative with their home designs(!) but have had a few interesting clash & one-off jumpers. I didn't realise the "navy" was lighter since the lycra jumper. Looking at some images on their website & Google it appears darker, but in others it's more as you've depicted. I'll have to go to the next Port/Norwood game & suss it out (lighting's a factor I guess).
The polyester material reflects the light more than the wool/acrylic.
So they will appear lighter.

Remove the stitching for the yellow patch at the top of the back of all the Suns jumpers from 2015 and onwards.
The stitching around the yellow patch was only present on the 2XU (2013, 2014) jumpers, but not on any other jumpers since then.
BLK/XBlades (no stitching)
s-l1600.jpg

2XU (stitching present)
131432_0dba3299b6029fe9aee7a496918d8ff2.jpg

So these all of these need the stitching around the yellow patch removed...
Gold-Coast-Home-2015.gif

Gold-Coast-Home-2017.gif

Gold-Coast-Clash-2015.gif

Gold-Coast-Anzac-2015.gif

Gold-Coast-WeAre-2016.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back