Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane 2005 Heritage. Lion has dark blue stroke not yellow.
Brisbane-Heritage-2005.gif
48945.jpg
48946.jpg

this is my favourite fitzroy guernsey

Back on to this, why not just put it in the promotional/one off jumpers section for Melbourne?
My line of demarcation is official AFL game. Games of this nature don't count. And worse, if I include this one then I get emails from people asking me to include obscure jumpers that were possibly used but difficult to verify.

2017 Melbourne BCNA jumper to be worn on Sunday v Hawthorn

upload_2017-5-3_12-44-48.png upload_2017-5-3_12-44-29.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First I've ever heard of it, though I have really only looked into 'official' VFL games, and not exhibition games

This is from www.hardballget.net's history of the 1911 SA state jumper:

1911 National Carnival

A feature of the carnival was the use of numbers by all teams. The South Australians added a white number panel to the back of their jumpers with undersized black numbers. In the years prior to this match the use of jumper numbers had only been trialled on a handful of occasions:

- May 28, 1887: Carlton v Adelaide FC at (MCG) [the numbers were worn on the chest rather than the back]
- May 30, 1887: Tasmania v Adelaide FC (MCG)
- May 23, 1903: Fitzroy v Collingwood (SCG)
- May 28, 1904: Melbourne v Essendon (SCG)
- June 24, 1905: VFA v South Australia (Punt Road Oval)
- 1905: Port Melbourne wore numbers throughout the season.

Later in 1911 the VFL adopted numbers during their finals series and by 1912 numbers had become a standard part of the uniform.

https://www.hardballget.net/rep-uniforms-sa-1908-1929.html

Last edited:
This is from www.hardballget.net's history of the 1911 SA state jumper:

1911 National Carnival

A feature of the carnival was the use of numbers by all teams. The South Australians added a white number panel to the back of their jumpers with undersized black numbers. In the years prior to this match the use of jumper numbers had only been trialled on a handful of occasions:

- May 28, 1887: Carlton v Adelaide FC at (MCG) [the numbers were worn on the chest rather than the back]
- May 30, 1887: Tasmania v Adelaide FC (MCG)
- May 23, 1903: Fitzroy v Collingwood (SCG)
- May 28, 1904: Melbourne v Essendon (SCG)
- June 24, 1905: VFA v South Australia (Punt Road Oval)
- 1905: Port Melbourne wore numbers throughout the season.

Later in 1911 the VFL adopted numbers during their finals series and by 1912 numbers had become a standard part of the uniform.

http://www.hardballget.net/state-jumpers---south-australia-1908-1929.html
Do you get the feeling 'research' for journalists these days has become looking up hardballget.net and footyjumpers.com?

Do you get the feeling 'research' for journalists these days has become looking up hardballget.net and footyjumpers.com?

I'd argue it expands to other websites too.

How much unaccountability there is out there we read about it.

If certain guernsey's weren't used, they'd argue to the hilt those guernsey's were played in.

2006/2007/2008 Crows guernsey needs the AFL, Adidas and Toyota Camry logo bigger and higher up, and slightly higher hoops.
Adelaide-Uniform2006.png
31901.jpg

That's one ugly guernsey.

Bloody hell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back