Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Funnily enough I came to this thread for the exact same reason the gentleman raised in the video. He might not have explained it correctly, but he is correct.

The Eagles have three designated guernseys for season 2018 - home, away and clash.

The home is as on your site, with SGIO front logo and HJ back logo

Away is same design as home, but HJ logo front and SGIO logo back. It is an official away guernsey.

Clash is gold, as on your site.

They don't sell a retail version of the away.

If we pretend the guernseys on your site have their sponsor logos on them, the 2018 away is an omission.

Gary Stocks, club spokesman said at the launch of the new guernseys:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-02/eagles-reveal-new-uniform/9111334

To be accurate, you just need to add the 'home' design to the away page as well, and say they used the same design for home and away.
If that was the case, most other teams Guernsey would need to be included as well

I will also add that a home guernsey that switches sponsor logos when the team plays away does not constitute a different design that would need to be added as an away design, as the design itself does not change.

Complaining that it should be is just being pedantic and is not the point or purpose of the website which is purely about the designs which only get listed if there is a specific design difference that fits the criteria (a completely different design, or a recolour).

Do those clubs officially call it an away guernsey though? The Eagles do.

The royal blue with gold wings design in 2018 is not simply a 'home' design, or just an 'away' design, it is the home AND away. As footyjumpers.com categorises guernseys by home and away categories, it should be listed in both.

Or to clarify, what defines an away guernsey? To me it is the guernsey worn when not playing at your designated home game. The guernsey design the Eagles wear for this purpose is royal blue with gold wings. That the home guernsey is the same design is irrelevant.

On your second post, I guess Mero can answer what the purpose of the site is, but I figured it was a historical record of what each team wore each year. If that is its purpose, it is more accurate to list what designs were worn for home, away, clash etc regardless of similarity.

The royal blue with gold wings design in 2018 is not simply a 'home' design, or just an 'away' design, it is the home AND away. As footyjumpers.com categorises guernseys by home and away categories, it should be listed in both.

Or to clarify, what defines an away guernsey? To me it is the guernsey worn when not playing at your designated home game. The guernsey design the Eagles wear for this purpose is royal blue with gold wings. That the home guernsey is the same design is irrelevant.

That is all well and good, but there is no point posting a design twice when it only needs to be once. Just because it is classified as an away guernsey does not change that it is the home guernsey with switched sponsors. Unless the team has a specific design change (like when West Coast had the navy at home and the royal away) then they still play in the home design in away games and just for corporate/financial purposes switch the sponsor logos.

That's probably resulting from when the Eagles had navy wings. They've had the royal there as an away guernsey for a fair while, so they're used to classifying the two guernseys differently, whereas no other club really has really had a home and away with a significance like the royal wings.

Although if it's normally the case that one design is worn home and away by a club and Mero has only listed that as a home on the site, then I understand he wants to keep consistency.

A few clubs have done it over the years... not just West Coast. For example:

Carlton:
217207.jpg
215715.jpg

Collingwood:
345557.jpg 344719.jpg

They're still wearing their home guernsey, but due to their sponsorship agreement they alternate sponsors for home and away games.

There is no point putting the home guernsey in the away section because from a design perspective it is identical (aside from sponsors). If the website was to make this change, then really every single guernsey worn by a club in an away game dating back to 1897 would also need to be listed as away guernseys too.

Probably not worth the time and effort really.

That would be like suggesting this is Fitzroy's Away jumper 1941-1951 because it was also used in Away games.
Fitzroy-1942.gif

If the design is different, I've called it the Away jumper.
If all that's different is the sponsors, I've kept it the same.
When it gets to the uniforms, like I have for 2000, the Away sponsor will be on the Away jumpers.
As far as what the club calls things, I think they do that for marketing purposes.
"here buy one of these, it's the Home jumper, and while you're at it, buy one of these, it's exactly the same except it's got a different sponsor, it's the Away jumper".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is the clash jumper, but like Geelong’s last 2 clash jumpers now North wear Royal home it will more than likely not be used.

Am I over-thinking this, or are you happy to see the sponsors change like this
Essendon-Uniform2003.png

There were six different colours to the 3 logo in 2003

Was waiting for more colours but you created a logo GIF.

I quite like it very much.

I miss those colours.

Am I over-thinking this, or are you happy to see the sponsors change like this
Essendon-Uniform2003.png

There were six different colours to the 3 logo in 2003

Not overthinking it all all, reckon thats a pretty nifty way of showing it to be honest. Was it a fairly even spread of the colours or was there one that was much more prevalent?

Not overthinking it all all, reckon thats a pretty nifty way of showing it to be honest. Was it a fairly even spread of the colours or was there one that was much more prevalent?
I believe they tried to make it as even as possible

I like it. Will this come with an explanation on the site, Mero (or will you just rely on people looking at the sponsors page)?
Yeah, I'm think they'll have to look it up.
If you explain one thing you have to explain everything.

Super random question... has anyone got clear photos of the following Western Bulldogs REAR sponsor? This was a one game sponsorship, so photos are hard to find.

- Rd. 15, 2002 (Burbank Homes)

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back