Resource www.footyjumpers.com

crow28

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Moderator #7,276
Going by the logo on the jacket, I'd say the thin part of the 'A' and the line through the middle needs to be completely black.

View attachment 617558

Same goes for the bottom of the 'L'

View attachment 617556

along with the lines that come off the 'E'

View attachment 617557

and also the top of the 'T'

View attachment 617555
Now that I've seen it, it does look strange. But maybe that's how it was? If there was white in all parts of the letters it would show on the jacket
I can almost guarantee you the text in that Viatel logo will be all black. Thats just what embroidering looks like from behind.

Case in point: a similar era Crows Adidas jacket. No white to be seen on the Camry text or Adidas logo, but the “fill” between the outlines are white on the back. Check any embroidered item you have and you’ll probably see similar.

435F2E83-0E47-4E3F-A3FF-85B916AD8AD0.jpeg
086BD0FA-09F5-4C91-85FF-BAB03128D976.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Everton, GGFC
yeah came in here to post that!

Looks like tearaway backing, however the 'inbetween' lettering is hard to weed out. Would say the same thing in the lettering being completely black.

SparkleNarkle

#WeRChampions
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
I can almost guarantee you the text in that Viatel logo will be all black. Thats just what embroidering looks like from behind.

Case in point: a similar era Crows Adidas jacket. No white to be seen on the Camry text or Adidas logo, but the “fill” between the outlines are white on the back. Check any embroidered item you have and you’ll probably see similar.

View attachment 617641 View attachment 617642
Hadn't given that much thought, but having a look at my Cats polo it makes sense

Picture1.png

I was never into textiles and sewing, but, you learn something new every day :thumbsu:

lionbear

Geelong Member from 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians, Melbourne Storm
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings,
Sorry Mero, Also for Melbourne
  1. the 2009 PreSeason had the Bushfire appeal detail
  2. 2010 Home didn't have the red dots under the A, E & Y
  3. 2014 White Clash had the black ahg font

Attachments

Klim

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney

View attachment 617641 View attachment 617642
Yep that's correct. cannavo acutally still I think owns this track top?

Gibbsy

AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
Moderator #7,285
Pedantic stuff coming through - sorry in advance

Spicers had a much thinner font

Viatel - was 1998 not 1999

Primus font on the back was different to the one on the front - less squished - more like this but taller and slightly less slanted

Note differences in Fly Emirates logo stretching and spacing

This is 2007-08

This is 2011-12

This is 1998-2000

Aussie had a yellow border in 2010

That's all for now :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Thread starter #7,289
Melbourne changed.
Red Cross added
Kaspersky changed to all Navy
ahg is listed as 2014, which is for both jumpers.
I guess realistically the White jumper doesn't have a White patch, but it's still accurate.
Melbourne-Sponsors-Backs.gif

SFgiant

Team Captain
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Hey Mero, I came across this on the grams:
IMG_2309.png

The person who runs the page stated that the two red ribbons were only ever used in 1958, the year Neil Roberts won the Brownlow. I can't seem to find any definitive confirmation of the crest's use in that sole year.

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Thread starter #7,295
Hey Mero, I came across this on the grams:
View attachment 619839
The person who runs the page stated that the two red ribbons were only ever used in 1958, the year Neil Roberts won the Brownlow. I can't seem to find any definitive confirmation of the crest's use in that sole year.

Most players wore the same jumpers every year, unless they won the premiership, or if the board decided on new designs.

The best footy card version I can find from 1958 season looks like it's red on one side and black on the other.

The pic she supplies of Neil Roberts is of a professional shot at a studio, but the jumper looks brand new and unused. (Note the crease in the sleeve like it's been folded like that)
I'd also note the logo in the pic supplied is much larger on the Black material than the one shown in colour.
Neil Roberts' logo takes up most of the Black cloth.
The one in the image maybe half...? But then, perhaps it was folded, there appear to be fold marks

Last edited:

crow28

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Moderator #7,298
Great find Spanna_! Based on that, I would suggest that the "gradient" be made less fluid and more of a sequence of individual colour bands (similar to what is used for the front patch), and that the font should not be bold.

Spanna_

Premiers baby
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Great find Spanna_! Based on that, I would suggest that the "gradient" be made less fluid and more of a sequence of individual colour bands (similar to what is used for the front patch), and that the font should not be bold.
Remember buying the book at a swap meet a few years ago and wondering what the weird Collingwood sponsor was haha. Glad to help out, surprised I was able to recall such an obscure item.

Top Bottom