Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that.

Do you have a large version of the Central SANFL logo that appeared on jumpers in the 70s and 80s?
http://www-static.spulsecdn.net/pics/00/00/76/13/761327_1_S.jpg

Yes I do. I have sent you some pictures at your footyjumpers.com email.

The image in the link was an unofficial emblem that the club started using between 1998 and 2005 on the annual report and letterheads etc. The attached logo was still the official logo used by the SANFL and on the jumpers.

I believe the reason was that the club didn't think the bulldog was fierce enough and maybe looked more like a boxer than a bulldog.

Attachments

• Jumper Logo.jpg
    Jumper Logo.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 12
Good job I love your work and effort. I just need to correct a couple of minor errors. I have supported Centrals since 1964 when I was 7 and moved to Elizabeth from the Mid-North of SA. Also I have been a member since 1978 and have only missed a handful of games since 1973.

Firstly the name of the club is Central District there isn't an S on the end.

Central District SANFL Reserves from 1959 - 1963, admitted to SANFL League competition in 1964 along with Woodville.

Photo 1 1964 - 1967 (possibly since 1959 as Footscray donated jumpers on the establishment of the club and were the club Patron)
Photo 2 1968 - 1970 woollen jumpers
Photo 3 1971 -1977 lace-up jumpers
1978 Woollen jumper
Photo 4 1979 - 1991
Photo 5 1992 - present started as woollen jumpers then manufactured in polyester from 2006.

In the 60's and early 70's Centrals wore white shorts at home and black shorts away. In about 1975 with the introduction of colour television they wore blue shorts and red shorts for clashes.
In 1993 white became the change shorts and in 1995 they adopted white shorts as first choice and only wear blue shorts against North Adelaide who also use white as their 1st choice shorts.
footyjumpers page currently looks like this:
http://footyjumpers.com/Centrals.htm

I promise I am getting somewhere with the Sturt info Mero... ... .. . . It's just that all my source links in my original document are all broken. So most of them are not referenced (that's the Uni student side of me) :oops:
If they're web links chuck em into wayback machine and see if anything comes up.

Apart from that, maybe find the person who made the site you got them from and get in contact?

Also Mero apologies if this sounds rude but have you considered asking on the SANFL board for help with research?
No, I don't consider it rude.
Yes, I've tried a couple of times.
No, I've never had any assistance in researching the jumpers.

Everyone seems to know the most recent jumpers.
It's the old stuff that makes it an historical resource.
It's also the old stuff that's hardest to find details on.

A pretty minor one Mero, but the white stripe on the Bulldogs socks is a little thicker than the red stripe (https://shop.afl.com.au/western-bulldogs-2019-mens-home-socks.html). I think they were the same thickness in 2014 but were changed from 2015 onwards.

2014:
345211-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

2015:
385777-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

2015 Season now added.

http://www.footyjumpers.com/2015RF.htm

This has the most variations of any season.
Everyone had Home & Clash & Indigenous.
Most had an Anzac jumper, and then there's the One Off Sugar Daddy type jumpers as well.

GWS-Uniform2015IW.png
Gold-Coast-Uniform2015Z.png

These are great Mero

Just think of us collectors who buy them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANFL section is getting there slowly.
The page featuring this little beauty should be finished this week.
Woodville-1969.gif
That looks alot like my primary school footy jumper!!!
How are you tracking with the Glenelg FC jumpers? Theres a book about Glenelg's from their formation until about 2003 at my local library that I had a quick flick through which might be some help. If you needed I could go borrow it, scan the photos and email them to you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

VFL/VFA is going to take a LOOOONG time.. Could be even bigger than the AFL?
Older comp, more teams in and out, lower level so historical records are more scarce, multiple divisions. Pretty much impossible.

Older comp, more teams in and out, lower level so historical records are more scarce, multiple divisions. Pretty much impossible.

Agree 100%. If Mero were to try and track down every jumper worn in a competition like the VFA/VFL, the results would be likely inaccurate because of the lack of records (not your fault Mero - purely just not enough information available), and the research would be painstaking and tedious. Probably best to keep the workload manageable (probably big enough as it is), rather than trying to bite of more than what can be chewed

That looks alot like my primary school footy jumper!!!
How are you tracking with the Glenelg FC jumpers? Theres a book about Glenelg's from their formation until about 2003 at my local library that I had a quick flick through which might be some help. If you needed I could go borrow it, scan the photos and email them to you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Any assistance is appreciated.
I would need the years the jumper was used though.
I know, for instance, they wore Black with a Gold yoke in the 1960s.
But I don't know exactly when.

If you were to do NEAFL, that is pretty simple as it is a fairly new league.

Adelaide's SANFL team would be easy to as it is also a fairly new team.

If you were to do NEAFL, that is pretty simple as it is a fairly new league.

Adelaide's SANFL team would be easy to as it is also a fairly new team.
A lot of the NEAFL clubs (actually I think all bar the AFL Reserves teams) have pre-existing history within other leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back