Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Mero, just having a look at the Swans Indigenous jumper and noticed a couple of differences between the real version and the footyjumpers.com version
  • The black swan is much larger and wider IRL, covering more surface area than the FJ.com version
  • The white part at the bottom of the jumper has less red dots and the white stands out much more IRL than the FJ.com design
  • The colours at the bottom of the swan are yellow with brown dots, white with red dots, solid red, and red with white dots, rather than the brown shades in the FJ.com version
  • The small swan/bird above the AFL logo has a thicker stroke and more details on the back of its wing
083dc1b6851f4d42c9b873214f560147
Sydney-Indig-2018.gif
Sorry for being so pedantic, I know that the site is very accurate as it is but I've probably gone too far with this jumper

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
1551668355333.png

Sorry I should read more carefully and comprehend better. I just realised you meant the 2018 jumper on Mero's footyjumpers not the 2019 jumper worn on Saturday. Anyway my original post below still stands.

Unfortunately Storm it is still there. It is a thin outline and looks like it isn't there from a distance. I have hated the white outline since it was brought in and wish the club would remove it.

How do we start a campaign like returnthewings?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Weird thing about Adelaide is the version I had saved had white outlines.
Uploaded to the site now, so should be fixed.
Geelong uniform now updated
I'll look at what I can do with the Swans Indig jumper in the next week or so.

Last edited:

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
Hi Mero

I think your "all uniforms" section for North may be missing one.

Early 90s, with Qantas text-only patch as follows:

acd68.B_Allison.jpg

It's possible that I'm wrong and this is technically an away jumper (with the "full" Qantas logo used at home games) but I don't think they would have bothered with home and away sponsor variations in those days.

A couple of similar North jumpers have popped up on eBay recently with a black text-only patch:

s-l225.jpg

I wonder what these are as well. Black text for retail and red text for player-issue perhaps??? I can only find AFL match images with red text, no black.

It's a bit of a mystery to me but I'm pretty sure your site might be missing one or two of these.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It was actually missing two.
In 1986 the Victoria logo was removed from the shorts, and then in 1991 the QANTAS patch changed.
The Black text version was never used in a game, therefore I have done no research into it.
I would imagine it's the retail versions.

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi Mero, on the West Coast Eagles 2018 season page - just noticed that you have the eagles wearing the clash against Adelaide in round 15. They actually just wore the royal away jumper with HJ's on the front. Image below for reference.
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 6.27.33 pm.png

Milera WEB.jpg

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
2019 Inventory so far. Jumpers only. Uniforms pages to be updated later
Brisbane; Home & Clash Cuffs outlined in contrast colour on the jumper. Home-Blue, Clash-Maroon
Fremantle; Home & Away now have 25 Years logo. Added 25 Year jumper
Gold Coast; New Clash jumper
North; Home & Away have 150 year logo. Away is now bounding Roo
Port; Silver Clash
Western Bulldogs; Home & Clash on new template, Halloween costume Thor jumper added (thanks mfcrox )

To come
Brisbane; Kevin Murray jumper for later in the year.
Carlton; White Clash jumper (not based on the Photoshop of last year's)
Collingwood; jumper to play against Carlton
Hawthorn; Legends jumper
4 x Anzac Day jumpers
18 x Indigenous Round jumpers

Any I am missing?

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
2019 Inventory so far. Jumpers only. Uniforms pages to be updated later
Brisbane; Home & Clash Cuffs outlined in contrast colour on the jumper. Home-Blue, Clash-Maroon
Fremantle; Home & Away now have 25 Years logo. Added 25 Year jumper
Gold Coast; New Clash jumper
North; Home & Away have 150 year logo. Away is now bounding Roo
Port; Silver Clash
Western Bulldogs; Home & Clash on new template, Halloween costume Thor jumper added (thanks mfcrox )

To come
Brisbane; Kevin Murray jumper for later in the year.
Carlton; White Clash jumper (not based on the Photoshop of last year's)
Collingwood; jumper to play against Carlton
Hawthorn; Legends jumper
4 x Anzac Day jumpers
18 x Indigenous Round jumpers

Any I am missing?
Hi Mero. To come: Port pre-season (white). Thanks.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Hawthorn Clash.

Would you put Soow listed as a sponsor as worn during Pre-Season like you have for Hyundai?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hawthorn Clash.

Would you put Soow listed as a sponsor as worn during Pre-Season like you have for Hyundai?
When did Hawthorn wear SOOW sponsorship during the Pre-Season?
I saw pics from both games, Brisbane and Richmond, they wore Home jumpers with Tasmania sponsorship on them.

DEMONS22

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings,
Hi Mero,

Just a slight chronological change to the Melbourne Clash, My OCD has kicked in. Can you move the 2017 White clash above the redback? This was only worn in 2017, and the redback has been worn in 17, 18 and will again appear this year.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hi Mero,

Just a slight chronological change to the Melbourne Clash, My OCD has kicked in. Can you move the 2017 White clash above the redback? This was only worn in 2017, and the redback has been worn in 17, 18 and will again appear this year.
No, sorry.
The Redback was used (R1) before the White Clash (R6), and therefore goes before it chronologically.

DEMONS22

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings,
No, sorry.
The Redback was used (R1) before the White Clash (R6), and therefore goes before it chronologically.

Makes sense from that point of view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Port's White jumper will be used this year as an Away jumper as well.
It is already on the site as it hasn't changed from last year.

Not sure thats right Mero, just been switched with the silver. Black version will still be worn in away games where there is no clash according to this:

“We always wear black whenever we can – at both home and away games - and that won’t change in 2019,” he said.

“In 2018 we wore the white clash jumper on a handful of occasions and we anticipate this will be the same with the silver guernsey for 2019”.

and this:

The GFG name will appear on the back of both Port Adelaide’s white pre-season guernsey and black home-and-away guernsey and on the front of the club’s silver clash guernsey.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
When did Hawthorn wear SOOW sponsorship during the Pre-Season?
I saw pics from both games, Brisbane and Richmond, they wore Home jumpers with Tasmania sponsorship on them.
I was meaning Brisbane hence why there is a gap (Brisbane are the only team to have SOOW as a sponsor which is why I didn't state the name)

Back