I played Ammos in the 80s
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
#Cupdate

Mug arrived today. Looks magnificent! Straight to number one in my cuppa rotation. You’re a star Mero!

View attachment 725951View attachment 725952

#Cupdate

Mine arrived broken. RedBubble are replacing it for free. Good times. Looks bloody incredible though Mero, great stuff.

ED4313DD-C720-4993-A35A-8F130D5E0B1A.jpeg

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
#Cupdate

Mine arrived broken. RedBubble are replacing it for free. Good times. Looks bloody incredible though Mero, great stuff.

View attachment 726878

I was surprised at the lack of protective packaging within the box. Thought it could be susceptible to breakages. At least you now have a nice display piece if you can just hide where the handle was.

At least you now have a nice display piece if you can just hide where the handle was.

Or if you are able to remove the remains of where the handle was, it would make a fantastic nuts and bolts holder for the shed, or a paintbrush holder, napkin holder, maybe even a pot for a small plant

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Couldn't help but notice when they were showing old Garry Lyon highlights on the Front Bar tonight that there was an 80s VFL game between Geelong and Melbourne where both teams were rocking the navy blue shorts. Was this sort of nonsense common back in the day?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Couldn't help but notice when they were showing old Garry Lyon highlights on the Front Bar tonight that there was an 80s VFL game between Geelong and Melbourne where both teams were rocking the navy blue shorts. Was this sort of nonsense common back in the day?
Back in the mid 80s club would wear their Home shorts unless they were Away and had the same colour as the Home team.
Melbourne were Royal Blue when this rule came in, and when they switched to Navy in 1987 the VFL never updated their policy.
So Melbourne played against Geelong and Carlton in Navy shorts on occasions.
I remember them wearing White shorts at the WACA one night against West Coast (Royal Blue) and not against Richmond the week after, even though clubs with Black or Navy shorts wore White against each other.

Back in the mid 80s club would wear their Home shorts unless they were Away and had the same colour as the Home team.
Melbourne were Royal Blue when this rule came in, and when they switched to Navy in 1987 the VFL never updated their policy.
So Melbourne played against Geelong and Carlton in Navy shorts on occasions.
I remember them wearing White shorts at the WACA one night against West Coast (Royal Blue) and not against Richmond the week after, even though clubs with Black or Navy shorts wore White against each other.
Well, it's good to see that the AFL/VFL have been consistently clueless in this regard for quite a while, gives a nice sense of continuity

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The 2019 Season pages are now uploaded.
Every game so far, and the uniforms worn in them.
http://footyjumpers.com/2019.htm

Team pages for finalists will be added once they are eliminated.

Hey Mero, not sure if you've forgotten/didn't realise/been too busy ect. But in the "one off/promo jumpers" folder, you don't have the crows eddie betts guernsey and the geelong 2019 retro round guernsey.
Forget the Eddie Betts one, I didn't realise they didn't play in it haha

Geelong Retro Round should be there now. Thanks.
I forgot to upload it once it was worn.

Just a couple of minor edits:

The collar is different to the standard home jumper, with a full 'V' shape and panel, and no 'G'

There's a faux-wool effect on the hoops, which (depending on the lighting) can appear as more of cream than white

The back has traditional-style cuffs rather than the standard CO template, and also a number panel separating the faux-wool and standard white

With Geelong, the collar is the same layout as the 2018 one, not a flat V like you have now.

And the Geelong logo is not the traditional shelf shape, it has a more rounded point at the bottom.

Back