Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Mero, just wondering how those logos from the early 90s are coming along? Just the Hawks, Dees, Roos & Eagles left to produce if I'm not mistaken.

If the jumpers were done with sponsor logos it would look like this.

Which doesn't format properly, I know, but that's pretty much how it would look.

EDIT Seems to be the size of the Text Box aligns the jumper graphic.
IO might be able to work with this

Last edited:
Have you copped any flak in light of recent controversies, Mero, about your uniform models being white? I had some of my First Nations friends around last night, and they came up with some suggestions that would turn your wonderful reference site into a super fun interactive user experience:

i) a slider control to alter the skin colour of the model. From White Russian at left all the way through to Sub-Saharan African at right. They asked that you not forget our Asian and Red Indian friends.

ii) a couple of the sparsely-endowed guys intimated that the full head of hair on your model made them feel insecure. They requested a slider that would control the volume of hair, from Mil Hanna at left through to Gary Ayres at right.

iii) some of my red-headed pals were concerned that your handsome dark-haired model left them feeling marginalised. They recommended a slider to control hair colour. Black - Brown - Fair - Blond - White - Pink - Red - Rust - Auburn.

iv) and one of the smarter blokes suggested hairstyle selection option buttons that would allow the user to choose the appropriate style for the era. 1930s Centre Part - 1950s Brylcreemed - 1960s Beatles - 1970s Bowl - 1980s Spiked - Dermott perm - Gary Ayres mullet - 1990s Floppy - Whatever they do today - Vin Cattogio. That ought to cover it. For the female players we probably need 1940s Curlers - 1960s Beehive - 1985 Kylie Minogue - etc. etc.

v) Gender: Female - Non Binary - Male

vi) Facial hair (applicable for Male and Non Binary only): Sideburns (none, small 2010 variety, huge 1971 sidies), Moustache (none, normal or droopy), Beard (none, goatee, full). My friends specifically asked you not to include an option for a tiny moustache on the centre of the upper lip.

Facial hair should default to the same colour as hair except where the user hits the Akermanis button.

vii) Looks: Very ugly - Ugly - Average - Handsome/Cute - Very handsome/Stunning. Note that the first two options should only be applicable for white male players.

viii) Tattoos: None - Biceps - Sleeves - Legs - Neck

ix) Body shape: Slight - Slender - Average - Fat - Galloping Gasometer. Note that the last two options must be disabled for female players and players of colour.

In reference to the initial question, No, I have not, to my knowledge, copped any flak about the uniform template model being portrayed with low levels of melanin.
My response would be that while these are all excellent suggestions, I am merely a footy historian, and not a website developer.
If the person making the suggestion/complaint would like to contribute their time and efforts to the site, I would be more than willing to consider their work for inclusion.
I have worked on your idea for modernising the face & hair, so far I've developed this.
Footy-Template.png

It will take a bit more work but I've got the Fitzroy Home jumpers looking like this:
And they didn't play the last 24 years where everyone's had 5 and 6 jumpers per season.

The Eagles' 1994 logo isn't loading. I've tested on two machines with the same result, so perhaps it hasn't been uploaded or is named differently to the link?
Thanks for that, I had saved it in the wrong place.
Working now

Not sure how you’re representing the back of the jumpers with the new sponsors above the numbers but a number of clubs have now slapped a sponsor over the top of their club logo - today both the Suns on the home home jumper and Crows on their away jumper don’t show their club logos above the players numbers any more...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how you’re representing the back of the jumpers with the new sponsors above the numbers but a number of clubs have now slapped a sponsor over the top of their club logo - today both the Suns on the home home jumper and Crows on their away jumper don’t show their club logos above the players numbers any more...
Thanks Sandra

Each club has a Sponsors folder which opens up to the Front and Back Sponsors.
The clubs who have 'Above Number' sponsors also have that listed.

West Coast's looks like this, the rest are similar
West-Coast-Sponsors-Backs2.gif

I spose I didn’t make myself that clear - but I wasn’t referring to the sponsors on the back persay but rather the sponsors are now covering up club logos that were there in Round 1. Eg the suns and crows logos are now covered up with a sponsor and you can’t see the club logo anymore...

And when I said I was interested to see how you were going to to do the back of the jumper I was probably referring to the Suns jumper in particular which has a yellow bib on the back that is now mostly obscured by a sponsor but because Mero doesn’t show sponsors how do you show a partly covered yellow bib?

Last edited:
I spose I didn’t make myself that clear - but I wasn’t referring to the sponsors on the back persay but rather the sponsors are now covering up club logos that were there in Round 1. Eg the suns and crows logos are now covered up with a sponsor and you can’t see the club logo anymore...

And when I said I was interested to see how you were going to to do the back of the jumper I was probably referring to the Suns jumper in particular which has a yellow bib on the back that is now mostly obscured by a sponsor but because Mero doesn’t show sponsors how do you show a partly covered yellow bib?
Ah... Well, on those jumpers I've changed the images where the sponsor logo completely obscures the club logo.
However, as you rightly mention, I don't show the sponsor logos on the jumpers, I've left them blank.
On the Suns jumper, because it is obvious it it laying over the top of the bib I have left it as it was.
Had it completely covered the bib, then I would show it without it.

Hi Mero, just noticed something minor with the 2007 Bulldogs Heritage jumper - there's no "F.F.C." under the neckline on the back.
1592906447745.png

Love your work with the "sponsor above numbers" pages btw!

If this is indeed Round 20 1987, then the Eagles wore blue shorts, not yellow.

This would be the first time the Eagles wore their blue guernsey with blue shorts.

If this is indeed Round 20 1987, then the Eagles wore blue shorts, not yellow.

This would be the first time the Eagles wore their blue guernsey with blue shorts.

Great find.
PS I would say it is, the sponsor logos look more like Burswood than SGIO which they used the next year.
Now fixed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back