Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

So I've started on the Front and Back versions of each uniform.
I'm not really sure what to do with them though.
SO far I've added them to the club page for the first season.
(Click on any of the clubs for their games in that season, the Front & Back version heads that page)

Thoughts? Feedback?
What about when they've got three jumpers, like Hawthorn have had recently?

So I've started on the Front and Back versions of each uniform.
I'm not really sure what to do with them though.
SO far I've added them to the club page for the first season.
(Click on any of the clubs for their games in that season, the Front & Back version heads that page)

Thoughts? Feedback?
What about when they've got three jumpers, like Hawthorn have had recently?
Love that you're continually improving the site & presentation Mero - as always, a wonderful resource that just gets better & better.
Ideally you'd have front and back for each team in each game - not sure if you can achieve that: maybe in the longer term? It probably doesn't matter much for these early years of VFL where the jumpers (front & back) would remain pretty consistent throughout the year, so could just put the jumper (front & back) up the top as you suggest.
However in recent decades with the myriad variations it would be handy to see both sides of the jumpers in each game. Perhaps when you click on each jumper front in each game you'd go to a page with the front view enlarged (as currently) & the back view also.

I've done up to 1907.
All games now have the Front and Back view, as well as the Top image for each club for each season.
Only real ones to look for are 1900, 1903 & 1904 when clubs wore either a flag or numbers on the backs.
Next comes two new clubs, Richmond & University, then the introduction of numbers, then Clash uniforms.

Last edited:
Added to the Bulldogs back sponsors

Mero, that 2005 variant of the Origin Energy jumper is missing from the Away/Clash section of Footscray

Footscray-Uniform2005C.png

Note the different number font as seen in the second image on this post. It's Impact but just slightly compressed horizontally.

Also, the 2004 version of the jumper (worn in the preseason, with the bulldog logo on the neckbar) was also worn in the 2005 preseason, so the preseason page needs to amended to reflect that

61669.jpg

The Azuma version as mentioned at the start of the post was only worn in that one away game vs Geelong in the 2005 regular season.

Last edited:
2004 Preseason jumper details amended.
The 2005 jumper is on the Promotion Jumpers page.
Surely this is the definition of a Promotion, isn't it?
It was used in a game where they were not listed as clashing with the opponent and still wore that jumper, in a time before the AFL regulated that clubs have more than one jumper..

Last edited:
Looking for some assistance on this image from someone with some Photoshop skills.
1609626780376.png
It appears that some of the players have the FFC monogram on their jumpers.
Frank Curcio, Horrie Dawson and Allan Field are the ones that look most like it.
But they're all in the shadows and it makes it difficult to distinguish.
Making it more difficult, Blue and Maroon appear very similar in B&W images
Is it possible to tinker with the light settings to see if the jumper is the 1939 Blue Yoke design, or the 1941 Blue Shoulders with FFC monogram?

2004 Preseason jumper details amended.
The 2005 jumper is on the Promotion Jumpers page.
Surely this is the definition of a Promotion, isn't it?
It was used in a game where they were not listed as clashing with the opponent and still wore that jumper, in a time before the AFL regulated that clubs have more than one jumper..

apologies, I completely forgot that section. Makes sense to me.

Looking for some assistance on this image from someone with some Photoshop skills.
View attachment 1034966
Frank Curcio, Horrie Dawson and Allan Field are the ones that look most like it.
Is it possible to tinker with the light settings to see if the jumper is the 1939 Blue Yoke design, or the 1941 Blue Shoulders with FFC monogram?
From the naked eye, I swear I see a yoke for A. Gillespie-Jones but he's the only one. And maybe the monogram too.

EDIT: That maybe the collar. The child in the front has it too.

View attachment 1034966

I'll play around with it, but don't know if it will do much. Personally speaking, just from my naked eye but I'm seeing a few with features that lean towards the monogram.

Mero, that 2005 variant of the Origin Energy jumper is missing from the Away/Clash section of Footscray

Footscray-Uniform2005C.png

Note the different number font as seen in the second image on this post. It's Impact but just slightly compressed horizontally.

Also, the 2004 version of the jumper (worn in the preseason, with the bulldog logo on the neckbar) was also worn in the 2005 preseason, so the preseason page needs to amended to reflect that

61669.jpg

The Azuma version as mentioned at the start of the post was only worn in that one away game vs Geelong in the 2005 regular season.

Fancy wearing that guernsey against StKilda? Red top, white shorts? Clubs have improved a little but still not enough with clash jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast 2008 season, they wore the 2007 alternate away (home away?) against the Bulldogs. You have the man in a 2008 alternate away, which didn't exist. In 2009 they made a navy with HJ front but it would have had SGIO back.

Should be fixed now, thanks

Just checking out the 2021 AFLW season page Mero.

Per this image from today:

Ess9FliUYAAz--k

North now have a white neckbar, Carlton don't have any shading on the monogram, Richmond have a new front sponsor (A.G. Coombs)

Adelaide's new shorts sponsor is Optus

801673.jpg

The Suns' side panels are much more pronounced than on your graphic (overlapping the width container of the logo, which is bigger and higher up)

801716.jpg
Gold-Coast-AFLW-2021.gif

New UTAS logo on the North Melbourne shorts

801570.jpg

KIA now the GWS Giants shorts sponsor

801502.jpg

Adelaide's new shorts sponsor is Optus

801673.jpg

The Suns' side panels are much more pronounced than on your graphic (overlapping the width container of the logo, which is bigger and higher up)

801716.jpg
Gold-Coast-AFLW-2021.gif

New UTAS logo on the North Melbourne shorts

801570.jpg

KIA now the GWS Giants shorts sponsor

801502.jpg
Also, suns shorts this year have red pipping

Remove this Banner Ad

Back