Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

On the MELB ANZAC jumper it looks theyve managed to also squeeze the mcc logo back onto it again

View attachment 1110859

The MFC Anzac jumpers were made for 2020, but not used obviously dud to Covid. They were reused this year with heat pressed Anzac logo and heat pressed neck sponsor which is why the mcc logo is on it

The numbers will be higher touching the red part, whereas the 2021 jumpers have the numbers lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mero. Clash socks for Collingwood v Port Adelaide Round 20 2006 were different it seems:
1620122057559.png

Cheers.

GWS Indigenous:
  • Design in the G shows too much of sun on left side
  • Orange on back of collar
  • Thicker white outline on numbers (Uniform image is OK, jumper image needs more)
  • Back design follows the curve of the side seam
  • Shorts striping
  • Lower totem on front is more horizontal (tail goes further right than turtle)

841438.jpg

840697.jpg

840747.jpg

840999.jpg

841057.jpg

Hawthorn had an ANZAC jumper this year - bit hard to see exactly what it says in the writing under the ANZAC logo maybe someone has a better close up pic.

1620304891968.jpeg

Did North really wear same coloured shorts against the Eagles, Lions and Bulldogs? I remember seeing a footage of North vs Fitzroy on the news before so I know it happened but hard to believe how the AFL allowed so for least 2 years.

Same with Geelong wearing home shorts vs Demons (and vice versa). Did light coloured teams get off or something back in the late 80s-early 90s?

Did North really wear same coloured shorts against the Eagles, Lions and Bulldogs? I remember seeing a footage of North vs Fitzroy on the news before so I know it happened but hard to believe how the AFL allowed so for least 2 years.

Same with Geelong wearing home shorts vs Demons (and vice versa). Did light coloured teams get off or something back in the late 80s-early 90s?

north wore the exact same kit in every game without so much as an alternate pair of socks for two seasons? wild

north wore the exact same kit in every game without so much as an alternate pair of socks for two seasons? wild

I believe youse didn't have away socks til recently. For what I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's interesting, for long periods of the club's early history striped socks were the norm, for the home kit they've been all blue since 1971. anyone know when the striped socks came back for away kits?

Unless I missed an earlier one, the first one I came across on www.footyjumpers.com was this:
1620942237846.png

No, they wore White shorts.
What I found was I had saved the 1991 image as both Home and Away with Blue shorts.
I made a White short 1991 image and the information is now correct.

In regard to Geelong and Melbourne.
The League's intention was to add colour to the game by having clubs wear coloured shorts where possible.
They only wore White shorts when their opponent wore the same colour Home shorts as them.
Sydney only wore Home shorts in this era, and no-one else had their colour shorts, Hawthorn only wore White shorts when they played Away to Brisbane

Melbourne wore Royal Blue from 1975 to 1986.
However, when they changed to Navy Blue in 1987, the VFL seemed to be slow to realise that.
(In those days the VFL sent a fax to the clubs on the Wednesday before the game telling them what they were wearing that week)
They wore Navy shorts in almost every game, with three games in White shorts.
So it seems they either forgot they changed, or didn't update their files, or something similar.

Here's the 1987 game between Geelong and Melbourne

Last edited:
Melbourne wore Royal Blue from 1975 to 1986.
However, when they changed to Navy Blue in 1987, the VFL seemed to be slow to realise that.
(In those days the VFL sent a fax to the clubs on the Wednesday before the game telling them what they were wearing that week)
They wore Navy shorts in almost every game, with three games in White shorts.
So it seems they either forgot they changed, or didn't update their files, or something similar.

Were they too slow here or do they need fixing?

Were they too slow here or do they need fixing?
Geelong played Melbourne in this era with both teams wearing Navy shorts when Melbourne was the Away team.

1989 Semi Final

They even played an Exhibition game in Canada and they both wore Navy shorts

2014 season now added for Front & Back view of uniforms
Highlights
Player Names on all the Round 5 jumpers
Indigenous jumpers for everyone in Round 10
The Lions used the Paddle Pop lion for the last time

The red panel on the back of the Sydney 1990 guernsey (and the numbers below) extends much lower than you have it.

It might also go for the 1987-88 guernsey you have too, I haven't checked.

1621387325175.png 1621387492438.png 1621387339193.png

this is a nitpick, but in all of north's jumpers from 2011 onwards, the AFL logo has sat right in the middle of the first stripe. you've got it a bit off centre.
View attachment 1130072View attachment 1130074
it was like this in 2009 and 2010, but you've got it this way every year until 2018.
It looks like they changed it in the 2011 season, see below screen grab from home game vs Sydney in 2011 in Round 10.

1621388906768.png

The red panel on the back of the Sydney 1990 guernsey (and the numbers below) extends much lower than you have it.

It might also go for the 1987-88 guernsey you have too, I haven't checked.

View attachment 1131507 View attachment 1131516View attachment 1131508
Swans Home jumper & Uniforms pages now have this added for 1990-91.
1987-89 jumpers had the higher yoke at the back.

AFL logo moved to centre align with the right stripe on all 38 uniform images 2011-2014
2015 is on the site, but the backs are not linked yet.
2016-2020 will get done as I go through them.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back