Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Looks a faded sort of Yellow/Gold colour. Maybe more like Brisbane's Gold, not West Coast's Gold.
View attachment 1241659

It looks like it was more Yellow earlier in the season
View attachment 1241661

Maybe it's just poorly made.
Are WAFL players responsible for their own laundry, or do they dump em in a basket for a communal wash?

In my experience, industrial washes can fade colours very fast.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Are WAFL players responsible for their own laundry, or do they dump em in a basket for a communal wash?

In my experience, industrial washes can fade colours very fast.
The process of sublimation printing should mean the dye stays in the material longer.
Basically the dye is heated to the point that it boils and turns to steam as it is pressed into the material.
Then it is cooled and the dye stays in the material.
I guess there's different levels of quality to dyes, and some fade more than others over time.
And Yes, I would agree, industrial cleaning would probably run hotter that your average washing machine, so that may impact the dye as well.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Mero Subiaco have had old style collars on their jumpers this year
03618E20-47E5-43FD-907F-313A32C429B0.jpeg

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
I was looking through my collection of Football Records during lockdown and I looked at the front page of the last Football Record for a game at Victoria Park and it had this picture on it.
129L9Ih.jpg

It is a picture of Lou Richards when he was captain of Collingwood. This jumper does no fit into your Collingwood jumper designs.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
All striped jumpers have the same issue. The width of the stripes was usually determined by the 'width' of the player.
The stripes on the jumpers were the same width, irrespective of the size of the jumper.
So Large & Extra Large jumpers seemed to have more stripes on them than Small and Medium sized jumpers.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All striped jumpers have the same issue. The width of the stripes was usually determined by the 'width' of the player.
The stripes on the jumpers were the same width, irrespective of the size of the jumper.
So Large & Extra Large jumpers seemed to have more stripes on them than Small and Medium sized jumpers.

That's still often the case.

For Tom Powell, the stripes are almost touching the seams. Looking at big guys like Ben Brown and Todd Goldstein, there's a much bigger gap.
1634113068517.png
1634113295428.png

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
It's weird because in 2018 Round 6 GWS V Lions GWS wore black shorts and Lion wore white with their Gold away

Maybe the AFL deemed that a clash and decided to change it the next season?

Lions did drop the white side panels from 2018 to 2019
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 9.53.51 am.png

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
This isn't an issue or anything. But does anyone know why the Giants wore white shorts at a home game against Brisbane?
View attachment 1258660

AFL would have deemed both the Lions red away and gold clash to be unsuitable, so put Lions in home kit.

Then they would have put Giants in white shorts as they had the lighter of the two kits and/or have white in their jumper. Same as Geelong regularly do, but theres plenty of other precedents of home teams wearing white shorts. Couple of well known examples off the top of my head:

Fremantle v Essendon, Round 13 2012

West Coast v Carlton, Semi Final 2011

AFL would have deemed both the Lions red away and gold clash to be unsuitable, so put Lions in home kit.

Then they would have put Giants in white shorts as they had the lighter of the two kits and/or have white in their jumper. Same as Geelong regularly do, but theres plenty of other precedents of home teams wearing white shorts. Couple of well known examples off the top of my head:

Fremantle v Essendon, Round 13 2012
West Coast v Carlton, Semi Final 2011
Thanks, I guess that makes sense. But freo in white shorts with home kit is different.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Mero I've been meaning to point this out all year, but never found a clear enough image. The 'Yes' wordmark on the Crows jumpers this year wasn't solid, it fades in and out, almost like a brushstroke. See below.

Man this guernsey design is elite. Shame it’s taken so long to get the red inverse!!
b8af6cb3225e1f4c089ec50c60d23673.jpg

Back