Resource www.footyjumpers.com

I do, though they are not something I feel comfortable sharing.
The AFL give me a pass as an historical reference, and offering up a resource that could be used to create accurate versions of their Intellectual Property (replica jumpers) could jeopardise this relationship.
What would you be using them for?
What commitment do you have that they will not be shared with others?
All I was going to use them for was my own jersey and teamwear concepts and wasn't planning on sharing the files with others. But I don't want to infringe on the relationship between the AFL and you, so don't worry about I wasn't really needing them.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Editing requested.
Are these accurate?
Please advise if not.
Brisbane cuffs are blue as is piping for shorts
Carlton shorts sponsor is that’s a more cheese
Gold Coast KTTC sponsor is navy
GWS no longer have shorts sponsor
West Coast no longer have shorts sponsor

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Brisbane cuffs are blue as is piping for shorts
Carlton shorts sponsor is that’s a more cheese
Gold Coast KTTC sponsor is navy
GWS no longer have shorts sponsor
West Coast no longer have shorts sponsor
Fixed

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mero apologies if this has already been raised - I just received this as a Christmas gift and the front cover image is given as Footscray and Richmond at Punt Road in 1904.

FHgSkuDUcAoh08y.jpeg

Footscray's design is the same as listed on your site - even if the colours might not appear to quite match up in our minds - but Richmond is wearing vertical stripes pre their listed 1907 introduction, and the stripes appear to be much thinner than those shown on the site from 1907. (The Richmond players all appear to have quite uniform striping too.) The photo is attributed to the Richmond Football Club.

Have you come across this image before? And is there anything to read into the colouring of the Footscray jumper at all?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mero apologies if this has already been raised - I just received this as a Christmas gift and the front cover image is given as Footscray and Richmond at Punt Road in 1904.

View attachment 1302700

Footscray's design is the same as listed on your site - even if the colours might not appear to quite match up in our minds - but Richmond is wearing vertical stripes pre their listed 1907 introduction, and the stripes appear to be much thinner than those shown on the site from 1907. (The Richmond players all appear to have quite uniform striping too.) The photo is attributed to the Richmond Football Club.

Have you come across this image before? And is there anything to read into the colouring of the Footscray jumper at all?
I have seen the image before.
You are correct that both Richmond players are wearing the canvas lace-up version of the striped jumper.
I would suggest the change that is needed is with the extension of the dates where the striped jumper was used should be up to 1907, not 1900.
During this time, uniforms were invariably in different designs, but as long as they were the same colours, they were identifiable as belonging to the team.
The problem with having one image per season is that there were usually a few players wearing older or varied designs.

The Blue in the Footscray jumper is simply reflecting more light than we normally see, so it appears lighter.

There's also this pencil coloured version: https://www.etsy.com/listing/560027550/footscray-v-richmond-1904-punt-rd-oval

PS : Here's a pic from the period. Hooped jumper under a striped lace up. If/when he takes the lace-up off, he's wearing hoops.
1640735741417.png

PPS Kudos to your family and/or friends, that looks to be an excellent Christmas present.

Last edited:
I just saw on the website you have the aflw section set up.
But I was wondering if there was ever any plan to include the aflw special guernseys?

Be it pride, indigenous, away etc.?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I just saw on the website you have the aflw section set up.
But I was wondering if there was ever any plan to include the aflw special guernseys?

Be it pride, indigenous, away etc.?
No.
No plans for that, in the same way there's no plans for anything more than Home jumpers in the SANFL & WAFL sections either.

Though, having just checked the teams.
I noticed in South Adelaide's list you had them wearing Sturt's uniform during the ww2 league.

Do we know what was worn for North-Norwood, Port-Woodville and West-Glenelg?

I could probably find out 2 of them with a little effort if you need (I'm pretty sure there's stuff in North Adelaide clubrooms about their premiership with Norwood, and I'm 99% certain in Port's facilities there's the premiership team photo for theirs) - I have no idea where to find West-Glenelg details though.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Haven't seen this one posted, apologies if I'm late.

Saints' AFLW indigenous jumper will be the clash jumper.

View attachment 1310732
That's the 2021 AFL artwork, but the Black & Red panels are basically only at the sides.

ChisholmDale

Debutant
Nov 12, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey Mero, love your work.

Think I've got a sponsor update here for you. In the 2016 preseason, Brisbane wore a home jumper with Hyundai as the sponsor across the back and Vero on the front, and an away jumper with Hyundai as the front sponsor and Vero across the back. I think Vero stayed in those spots for the full season but Hyundai was swapped out for the green cow.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 7.07.26 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 7.07.52 am.png

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hey Mero, love your work.

Think I've got a sponsor update here for you. In the 2016 preseason, Brisbane wore a home jumper with Hyundai as the sponsor across the back and Vero on the front, and an away jumper with Hyundai as the front sponsor and Vero across the back. I think Vero stayed in those spots for the full season but Hyundai was swapped out for the green cow.

View attachment 1312625 View attachment 1312626
Thanks; added and updated.

Last edited:

neogh

Senior List
Apr 17, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dolphins, MVFC
Not sure if this is right posting here but would this clash (based upon the old Fremantle jumper) be a good one (v Collingwood, Geelong and North)?

And how accurate is to say the Dockers are a spiritual successor of the Fremantle/Unions? I mean they wore the chevrons for Heritage, and wear it now.

Attachments

• dokersred.png
    dokersred.png
    630 KB · Views: 38
Back