Free Agency Wylie Buzza [DFA to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

I like him and have been a big advocate. Kicks goals for fun at VFL level the last couple of years. Big, right age demographic to give him another opportunity. Versatile enough to play KPF or Ruck.

Won’t be surprised to see him given another opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like him and have been a big advocate. Kicks goals for fun at VFL level the last couple of years. Big, right age demographic to give him another opportunity. Versatile enough to play KPF or Ruck.

Won’t be surprised to see him given another opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kicks goals for fun ???
Please explain

It means he does it easily. He finished fourth in the VFL goal kicking race.
69 goals from 53 games,, I'd hardly call that kicking goals for fun
But we all have different opinions,, thanks so much for the quick response
Mostly appreciate it

He is worth a punt. I don’t think he is much chop, but I’ve been wrong a thousand times before about players so what do I know. Having said that, he struggled to break into Geelong, a team that isnt exactly brimming with tall forwards.

But he is worth a shot for sure. Simply for his name a lone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could he play defense?
Has been tried there, he's not a defender.

He has some nice strings to his bow in that he's a massive unit that can get around the ground. Reasonably strong mark and decent kick, not awful at ground level for someone his size. His weakness though is reading the play. He was a rugby player as a junior so still learning how to be a big forward. Spoils his own teammates, leads his defender into other forwards space etc. Still I'd have preferred to keep him over Fort but Fort is contracted.

I think the eyesight thing was solved wth laser eye surgery but not sure. If there's a side that can pick him up while acknowledging that he needs some strong coaching then he's a win.

He is worth a punt. I don’t think he is much chop, but I’ve been wrong a thousand times before about players so what do I know. Having said that, he struggled to break into Geelong, a team that isnt exactly brimming with tall forwards.

Granted I've never watched the VFL but he was never really given much of a go at AFL level imo. Imagine if every young tall at the club, who can actually execute the fundamentals of the game, like marking and kicking, were given as many opportunities to prove themselves as what Blicavs has been given.

Geelong's selections for the most part are a bit strange at times. Not being selected often enough could mean hes not up to AFL level or he's just doesnt fit in whatever Scott's game plan is. The Cattery are hard to predict.

Geelong's selections for the most part are a bit strange at times. Not being selected often enough could mean hes not up to AFL level or he's just doesnt fit in whatever Scott's game plan is. The Cattery are hard to predict.

Maybe! Having said that, I don’t think Geelong are as inconsistent as many make them out to be. Over the years, I can’t think of many unwanted players they flat out delisted or traded who turned good elsewhere. Serviceable yes (Brown at Essendon, Walker was decent at Brisbane, etc etc.) But they aren’t exactly world beaters.

Geelong has a good eye for talent and if you can’t break into the senior side over a long period of time there tends to be a reason for that other then Chris Scott is weird.

Maybe! Having said that, I don’t think Geelong are as inconsistent as many make them out to be. Over the years, I can’t think of many unwanted players they flat out delisted or traded who turned good elsewhere. Serviceable yes (Brown at Essendon, Walker was decent at Brisbane, etc etc.) But they aren’t exactly world beaters.

Geelong has a good eye for talent and if you can’t break into the senior side over a long period of time there tends to be a reason for that other then Chris Scott is weird.

Steve Johnson, James Kelly, and Paul Chapman were better than serviceable. Not sure if Varcoe was struggling to get into the side or was told to find another club so I left him out

Port Power are interested, according to the Adelaide Advertiser.

Steve Johnson, James Kelly, and Paul Chapman were better than serviceable. Not sure if Varcoe was struggling to get into the side or was told to find another club so I left him out

I get your point but that was age and Geelong wanted to stagger retirements; it wasn’t because of a lack of talent. As I said, very rarely does a player struggle to get into a Geelong side and go elsewhere and do well, which is my argument for why Wylie Buzza probably isn’t much chop, as opposed to him not fitting the game plan. Kper Sten is a prime example of this. Heck, going back even further, Prismall is another.

Solid and improved this year. His delisting is the result of signing awful footballers such as fort an Abbott to long term deals
Abbott maybe but not Fort. Fort got the standard two year draftee contract.
Secondly, Buzza's delisting is because we recruited Jenkins.

Can't believe people in this thread think he's got value. Was overlooked all year and in a PF we replaced our spearhead with a key defender over Buzza.
He's your typical too good for VFL but not good enough for seniors type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back