Free Agency Wylie Buzza [DFA to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Steve Johnson, James Kelly, and Paul Chapman were better than serviceable. Not sure if Varcoe was struggling to get into the side or was told to find another club so I left him out
Johnson was deemed to be close enough to the end, and IMO pushed at the right time.
Kelly only got a gig because most of Essendon's list were banned.

Chapman missed 16/24 games injured in 2013 and asked for a 2 year deal. The fact he was cooked midway through his second season at Essendon vindicates the decision to only offer one year, which was rejected.
Varcoe was a 500k salary dump in preparation for Dangerfield the following year.

Abbott maybe but not Fort. Fort got the standard two year draftee contract.
Secondly, Buzza's delisting is because we recruited Jenkins.

Can't believe people in this thread think he's got value. Was overlooked all year and in a PF we replaced our spearhead with a key defender over Buzza.
He's your typical too good for VFL but not good enough for seniors type.
Fort was mature age. Option of a 1 year contract.

Buzza was good in the vfl. I don't mind him being delisted but prefer to give Abbott and fort the arse first

Fort was mature age. Option of a 1 year contract.

Buzza was good in the vfl. I don't mind him being delisted but prefer to give Abbott and fort the arse first
Different positions mate.

Buzza was an average forward who just moved further down the pecking order.

Fort and Abbott are rucks in a year when one left the list and Wells stated we wouldn’t be targeting one as the rucks he likes aren’t available.

Different positions mate.

Buzza was an average forward who just moved further down the pecking order.

Fort and Abbott are rucks in a year when one left the list and Wells stated we wouldn’t be targeting one as the rucks he likes aren’t available.
Yeah fair enough just found it frustrating at times having Smith in the ruck and then abbott, fort, buzza and freddy running into each other in the forwardline at vfl.

Yeah fair enough just found it frustrating at times having Smith in the ruck and then abbott, fort, buzza and freddy running into each other in the forwardline at vfl.
Oh I agree there. VFL development is abysmal.

He has eyesight issues.

Kurt-Rambis.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back