X-Men 97

Remove this Banner Ad

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
There needs to be a thread about this show.

Many of us probably grew up watching the original X-Men cartoon during Cheez-TV in the 90s.

And now X-Men 97 is here and the 90s feels just like yesterday.

Those opening titles, that iconic theme tune.

And many of the same voice actors are reprising their roles from a quarter of a century ago.

The first two episodes were dope and I just wish the third episode would arrive tomorrow. I would even wake up at 7am to watch it on Cheezy Channel Ten (which used to have an 'X' logo back then I think).

Anybody else watching?

There needs to be a thread about this show.

Many of us probably grew up watching the original X-Men cartoon during Cheez-TV in the 90s.

And now X-Men 97 is here and the 90s feels just like yesterday.

Those opening titles, that iconic theme tune.

And many of the same voice actors are reprising their roles from a quarter of a century ago.

The first two episodes were dope and I just wish the third episode would arrive tomorrow. I would even wake up at 7am to watch it on Cheezy Channel Ten (which used to have an 'X' logo back then I think).

Anybody else watching?
Will watch today. Nostalgic overload incoming.

The cartoons remind us how badass Cyclops is and a solo film not in the works is a mystery. Same with Storm, surprised she got nerfed so early hopefully she claims back her powers soon

Had an inner child reaction watching this scene lol. So ******* cool

There needs to be a thread about this show. Many of us probably grew up watching the original X-Men cartoon during Cheez-TV in the 90s.And now X-Men 97 is here and the 90s feels just like yesterday. Here. Those opening titles, that iconic theme tune. And many of the same voice actors are reprising their roles from a quarter of a century ago. The first two episodes were dope and I just wish the third episode would arrive tomorrow. I would even wake up at 7am to watch it on Cheezy Channel Ten (which used to have an 'X' logo back then I think).

Anybody else watching?
I love this cartoon and have watched it many times!

Enjoyed the first episodes and feels genuine feels for the character at end of episode 2.

Cyclops entrance as seen in trailers was nuts. Makes sense the way he does it.

Didn’t think much of the concept of morph pre game but enjoyed his involvement.

Sentinels seemed weak as usual.

Brought back some interesting memories from the past like Logan loves Jean.

Didn’t like rogue touching mags. But it probably sets things up for the future.

Enjoyed the first episodes and feels genuine feels for the character at end of episode 2.

Cyclops entrance as seen in trailers was nuts. Makes sense the way he does it.

Didn’t think much of the concept of morph pre game but enjoyed his involvement.

Sentinels seemed weak as usual.

Brought back some interesting memories from the past like Logan loves Jean.

Didn’t like rogue touching mags. But it probably sets things up for the future.

Nimrod, out with old in with FU.
Rogue with Mags instance has form, given Joseph in comics, Eric's always outside of his launch, been a sort of anti hero character anyway. Just differing ideologies, and given Rogue entered as "hey mummy Mystique, let's screw Carol!" them two having a moment is fine, and since Gambit is well, gambit, he flips everywhere quite often.

This to me is Age of Apoc only with Cyke as goodie instead of baddie smashed with post phoenix 5 "hey old guys, you suck" timey wimey instances.

Also, Morph does spend time with eXiles, just didn't stick with Mystique there is all.

Maybe...
Ororo ends up as that hound as having to sound out Sinister to fix her mutation instance which then leads to Apocalypse, Nate then doesn't have to fight the techno virus and becomes the X-Man beast that got punted as opposed to grizzled veteran of the future X-Force guy.
Logan finally gets a Jean as now there's 2 of them.

Nimrod, out with old in with FU.
Rogue with Mags instance has form, given Joseph in comics, Eric's always outside of his launch, been a sort of anti hero character anyway. Just differing ideologies, and given Rogue entered as "hey mummy Mystique, let's screw Carol!" them two having a moment is fine, and since Gambit is well, gambit, he flips everywhere quite often.

This to me is Age of Apoc only with Cyke as goodie instead of baddie smashed with post phoenix 5 "hey old guys, you suck" timey wimey instances.

Also, Morph does spend time with eXiles, just didn't stick with Mystique there is all.

Maybe...
Ororo ends up as that hound as having to sound out Sinister to fix her mutation instance which then leads to Apocalypse, Nate then doesn't have to fight the techno virus and becomes the X-Man beast that got punted as opposed to grizzled veteran of the future X-Force guy.
Logan finally gets a Jean as now there's 2 of them.
I have no idea what you're talking about so ill nod politely and smile. I am not a comic book person.

I have no idea what you're talking about so ill nod politely and smile. I am not a comic book person.

Long story short;

Nimrod are future sentinels think android Bishop;
1711276071579.png

Also Genosha in a nutshell in MCU;
Sokovia, houses 16million mutants and is recognised as a safehaven by human and mutant.
Cassandra Nova enters the chat.
Genosha Genocide, 15 and a bit mil dead.
Necrosha: "I sense a few million mutants to resurrect Selene...".

Also also, Age of Apocalypse, it was a movie, a bad one mind you but still, long story short, Nate Grey was created by Sinister to be a psionic god, houses a shard of the M'Kraan crystal (also in original animated series as big pink crystal with the Shi'ar) in comics: houses the white hot room for the phoenix force, known as the nexus of all realities, that, and just cause it's comics and not in MCU;
Phoenix force & M'Kraan things:
Drove the X-Men including Charles insane.
M'Kraan crystall contained a neutron star.
Drove Jean insane and lead to Logan killing her as regen is king.
Drove Cyclops insane who then killed Charles.
Nate is fine though, he's literally named X-Man to be comic Jesus mutant.
Other Nate, went to he future to fight off a techno organic virus killing him, but his mum was Madelyn Prior, a clone of Jean, this is Cable, original leader of X-Force, literal badarse.

Age of Apoc: Mutants win, obviously, tldr, lots dead, good and bad mixed up somewhat, Apoc has a kid named Holocaust to really ram it home. Also, would recommend X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse, great game for PC and PS2 era, can see Collossus in red bandana.

Watched the first ep, very good and felt like the 90s cartoon. Not sure why there are so many out there complaining about it? It's bloody great.

I don't remember Cyclops being this annoying though.

I read most of the voice actors are the originals - Gambit and Jubilee did sound a little different though I thought?

Watched the first ep, very good and felt like the 90s cartoon. Not sure why there are so many out there complaining about it? It's bloody great.

I don't remember Cyclops being this annoying though.

I read most of the voice actors are the originals - Gambit and Jubilee did sound a little different though I thought?

Jubilee in Animated series: Alyson Court
Jubilee in '97: Holly Chou

Gambit in Animated series: Chris Potter
Gambit in '97: A J LoCascio

So..

Beast is same VA.
Wolverine is same VA.
Rogue is same VA.
Storm is same VA.

Everyone else is a different VA to date. Just a note with Storm, as Storm same actress, in original Ororo had a different VA to Storm version to show age instance, so I wouldn't say most are original since even Trask and ol Henry changed VA, Jean and Cyke also did, as did Mags and Bishop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched last night, what's the deal with Magnito and Rogue? does her absorption powers not work on him ?
i thought the same.

they certainly got some chemistry though. Some may she is......attracted to magnetism.

csi miami deal with it GIF

Thought it may have been a story line from the 90s series, and I’d forgotten about it

Me too - but I did some googling and it wasn't really a thing in the 90s series or the comic books from any era. Kind of good that we have classic storylines to look forward to. AND some new stuff.

Hard to tell what might be coming when it's near impossible to remember what was in the original show 30 years ago.

I should have done a re-watch before it started.

I still don't think we've seen Rachel or Selene or the New Mutants (or the Brood?) which were some of the big storylines even before Storm de-powered/Madelyne/Goblin Queen/Xavier leaving the planet.

Hard to tell what might be coming when it's near impossible to remember what was in the original show 30 years ago.

I should have done a re-watch before it started.

I still don't think we've seen Rachel or Selene or the New Mutants (or the Brood?) which were some of the big storylines even before Storm de-powered/Madelyne/Goblin Queen/Xavier leaving the planet.

Season 1: "hello there", Sentinels into Mag into here's big boi Apocalypse.
Season 2: "we need to flesh this bitch out" days of future past, a gambit one shot, legacy virus, comic this bitch up!
Season 3: "About time we make Jean go something something... Oooo a bird!"
Season 4: Back to big boi Apoc storylines with a splash of fatal attractions, X-Men Legacy and something do with Shiva (from memory)
Season 5 the final not final: "ROBOTS I mean Phalanx, they be Spartan" oh and Jubilee replaced Kitty Pryde in a Kitty Pryde story, that was a thing... Kitty hard done by in the OG series, replaced everywhere.

So the tldr of the season synopsis from my last watch prior to this, they just rehashed a bunch of comic story lines, switched some characters around and went "that's good enough" at the end. They also hated Kitty Pryde with a passion. So they went hard, fast and loose at things.

I am happy for this one to slowly get into a narrative and stick with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back