Delisted Former CEO Xavier Campbell - Resigned - 24/8

Thought this could use it's own thread.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-25/campbell-appointed-ceo

Campbell appointed CEO
July 25, 2014 12:52 PM
20142507_Xav_H.png

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Xavier Campbell has been appointed to the role of Chief Executive Officer.

The position attracted a number of high calibre applicants and following a thorough and extensive interview process conducted by executive search firm Slade Partners, the board endorsed the decision to appoint Campbell as CEO.

Chairman Paul Little said the decision to promote Campbell to CEO was unanimous.

“I’d like to congratulate Xavier on his appointment to the position of CEO,” Little said.

“We had an extremely talented and experienced group of candidates from a range of different business and sporting backgrounds to choose from, but as a club we felt Xavier had displayed the necessary qualities and business acumen to make the step up to the role of CEO.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-25/campbell-appointed-ceo

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Underwhelming appointment frankly...don't know much about him but CV looks a bit lightweight.

Also don't realy care, assume Little is essentially running the club anyway. As long as they get good people into the footy department and let them do their jobs I'm happy.

Underwhelming appointment frankly...don't know much about him but CV looks a bit lightweight.

Also don't realy care, assume Little is essentially running the club anyway. As long as they get good people into the footy department and let them do their jobs I'm happy.

Don't stress, he's hugely impressive and knows what he's doing.

Very happy with this appointment.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't stress, he's hugely impressive and knows what he's doing.

Very happy with this appointment.
Cool, glad to hear it.

Not suggesting anything to the contrary but just out of interest, what's that based on? Have you come across him in Essendon capacity or prior to that?

Last edited:
It's good to see that we have kept one of our highly regarded internal staff members. We have groomed one or two who have been lured away by other clubs.
Travis Auld is the one that got away. He was very highly respected internally before going to the Gold Coast. Campbell I am not convinced with.

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Because that is a bad thing!?
I'm still constantly surprised that even Essendon supporters are happy to judge guilty without a trial.
What is your take on Hird going to be if/when we get cleared because they cannot make any charges stick through a lack of evidence?
If that turns out to be the case, then the whole problem rests on Dank flying too close to the line for the comfort of ASADA, then the media enacting a massive beat up. How is Hird guilty of anything if the program is declared legal??? Sure, you would expect the haters to lay the boot in until that happens, but Essendon supporters?!

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm still constantly surprised that even Essendon supporters are happy to judge guilty without a trial.
What is your take on Hird going to be if/when we get cleared because they cannot make any charges stick through a lack of evidence?
If that turns out to be the case, then the whole problem rests on Dank flying too close to the line for the comfort of ASADA, then the media enacting a massive beat up. How is Hird guilty of anything if the program is declared legal??? Sure, you would expect the haters to lay the boot in until that happens, but Essendon supporters?!
What hird wanted hird got. Corcoran should have never been allowed anywhere near the club after ******* us over in'96. But he was jimmys best mate.can you see w hat I'm getting at ?

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
What hird wanted hird got. Corcoran should have never been allowed anywhere near the club after ******* us over in'96. But he was jimmys best mate.can you see w hat I'm getting at ?
I presume you are not talking about him wanting to get suspended.
A benevolent dictatorship is always the best form of government. So long as it is highly competent and really is benevolent. If Hird can continue to deliver on the field what he has to date, then i'm happy for him to get what he wants. He is intelligent enough to want people around him who are not just "yes men" and who actually contribute and inform his leadership. You certainly don't want a club being pulled in different directions by people of equal power and conflicting perspectives.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2012
Lowry Hotel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United, Victory
Went to TAFE...sack!
Jk good luck to the man. I don't mind promoting someone within the organisation, means he already has a lot of knowledge about the club.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
I presume you are not talking about him wanting to get suspended.
A benevolent dictatorship is always the best form of government. So long as it is highly competent and really is benevolent. If Hird can continue to deliver on the field what he has to date, then i'm happy for him to get what he wants. He is intelligent enough to want people around him who are not just "yes men" and who actually contribute and inform his leadership. You certainly don't want a club being pulled in different directions by people of equal power and conflicting perspectives.
Ian robson and David Evans had stars in their eyes, absolutely blinded by hird the footballer. They weren't the first and they will not be the last. My point is that it became a huge boys club full of yes men. Ian robson is/was a brilliant administrator but not brilliant enough, our loss was Melb victorys gain. His problem was not having the balls to stand up to hird, turned a blind eye.

You mean like Bomber's mates who were actually the two dickheads that started the whole thing?

Not Hirdy's mates.

Back