Delisted Former CEO Xavier Campbell - Resigned - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Appointing JROD as CEO would be peak Essendon.

When Campbell was appointed I posted that he was lightweight and lacked experience. Rodski is even more so. He is what....35 years old with no experience as a CEO, with no experience outside the AFL industry and almost no experience outside of Essendon.

It would be beyond a farce.
Didn't we "poach" Rodski from channel 9? You're right, his experience seems lacking.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
BTW - Tom Swift, ex WCE player is our Head of Strategy....I had no idea.

I had no idea that he was an AFL player either .

I remember when LPno1 was an Essendon fan and wanted to draft him because he was attractive

The guy was perhaps the biggest hype draftee in history. Was touted as the best player since Judd in his senior U16 year before being injured the subsequent two years.
I always thought that was a pisstake

Absoloutley another issue of an Essendon insider staying in the system, as the world falls around them... and they keep their job.
It's a ******* boys club.

...or does it reflect the general opinion internally that Campbell is an ass who doesn't listen and is arrogant? I'm not sure but there's probably more to it than just throwing him under the bus.

That could be the case but these matters need to be kept in-house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do you know an Essendon player leaked it as opposed to the Players Union?

That is irrelevant - Once players go the Union without addressing it with the club first, then it's a chance to be leaked - Seeing that Xavier allegedly sent the email at 8pm on Friday, and it then appeared in the press on Sunday afternoon, this suggests there was little or no dialogue between the playing group and Xavier.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
That is irrelevant - Once players go the Union without addressing it with the club first, then it's a chance to be leaked - Seeing that Xavier allegedly sent the email at 8pm on Friday, and it then appeared in the press on Sunday afternoon, this suggests there was little or no dialogue between the playing group and Xavier.
And whose fault is that?

That sort of goes both ways I think Yaco. There is no denying how poorly this has been handled. The players are within their rights to seek the union for advice. The leak is disappointing but not surprising given how ill-conceived the initial delivery of the communication was and how things work.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Well Xavier didn't really give them the option of having a conversation. The email was more "9% will be withheld for November". Sounds like a decision to me. The leak is poor, but the wording of the email is why the player(s) contacted the Union. What else is there to discuss when the CEO sends out a definitive email?

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The playing group has just been told it lacks leadership as an outcome of Brasher review. Yet our clubs leadership fails them soon after.

These things have the potential to impact the culture of a group in any sort of organisation. At a minimum it's not the sort of thing you want people stewing on whilst on their break.

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
and once the email was sent to the players, they needed to inform the union asap

I don't think Rodski has done a whole lot wrong, has he? He started doing our media and communications, then moved into marketing (a pretty natural move) then the wider commercial stuff.

Doubt he's a likely CEO but think he's been alright.
Depends on how you view our media, communications and marketing stuff in the last few years really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back