Oppo Camp Xavier Ellis unscathed

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny the good will for x compared to LF. Hope X can have a good run at it.

If Bud had just done the right thing by the club, we'd probably feel the same for him as well.

I know he doesn't have many fans on this board but for those of us who are hoping he gets a fresh start and a better run with injury, the X Man notched up 21 touched in about three quarters for the Wee Girls last night. Subbed off in the third and was apparently very good throughout the guts. Happy for the bloke to get through a game!
I have never disliked Xavier Ellis. He's a great bloke and Im hope his footballers health stays good and he is succesful at the Eagles . Good luck to him , I think the Eagles are in for a good season. I am still doubtful about Freo. I don't think Friday night against Collingwood really said that much at all. In fact the first ten minutes they looked befuddled like the first half of the GF. Then the pies caved in.

PS Our arch enemies those bombers looked very focused and dangerous last night. Especially with all the so called TV "experts!?" North can't use the excuse losing by only a few points in several games forever, from last year.

One thing about losing close, you haven't had an honourable loss, there is no such thing. But the main point to remember, is, you were behind when it counted at the siren and your opponents kicked the same score as you, aha, and a little bit more. You LOSE, its not about coming close , its about winning . North haven't got it yet. And really they never came close last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting how a free agent can leave one team and go straight into the starting 22 of another team yet was not worth a draft pick to his original team.

I thought he was a delisted free agent.

Yeah, I am not too sure what he was but I THINK there would usually be a draft pick.

But now that you have mentioned it what is the difference between a delisted free agent and a delisted player?

But now that you have mentioned it what is the difference between a delisted free agent and a delisted player?

Players delisted by a club are unrestricted free agents ( this is how we picked up Simpkin). Also a player who is not in the top 25% of the club's salary and has been on the list 8 or more years is also an unrestricted free agent and I think that this would have applied to Ellis as I don't think he was officially delisted (can't remember his draft year 2005 or 2006??).

If they've been offered a contract, but wish to go elsewhere, it's classified as a free agent, and a compo pick may apply.

Later on in the off season, delisted players can be picked up by anyone (e.g. Simpkin) and no compo pick will apply

EDIT: yeah, what Spikers said, pretty much

Don't think X had a great game for the Eagles in his first game. But the good news is he got through and will look to press on from here.. I am wondering if it might take him a while to get used to the running patterns required at Subi, might rack up heaps of ball and be more of a leader for them at the MCG (or he better for my supercoach side)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back