Recommitted Xavier O'Halloran [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

OOC and being played in defence by the Giants instead of the midfield. Essendon had a crack at the end of 2020, wonder if they try again and if there are any other interested parties for the young Giant.

Don’t you have enough midfielders?
Wouldn’t be going to the Dons I wouldn’t think
We don't. We legitimately have 5 (6 if you include Merrett, which we shouldn't) inside midfielders on the list. We nearly have double the amount of small/general forwards.

Was a late first round draft pick - but is he any good? Hasn’t done much at afl level although hard to break into gws inside midfield.

Was a late first round draft pick - but is he any good? Hasn’t done much at afl level although hard to break into gws inside midfield.
In his draft year he captained the Jets, very good character and a very good kick inside 50.
I think that high HF role where he becomes virtually an extra midfielder would be his position at AFL level.

In his draft year he captained the Jets, very good character and a very good kick inside 50.
I think that high HF role where he becomes virtually an extra midfielder would be his position at AFL level.

Agreed...i think he would do well in that role just too many in front of him atgws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost free to a good home. Considering needs in coming years Id not mind him at Geelong.. but history says he is probably not much more than a journeyman.

Id take him if he was very cheap say a r3/4.

We will have a few retirements I think and we dont have a stack of outside runners. I think he will get offered a cheap contract, up to him if he wants to sign it, is a decent depth player, he might break out next year, still young enough.

We will have a few retirements I think and we dont have a stack of outside runners. I think he will get offered a cheap contract, up to him if he wants to sign it, is a decent depth player, he might break out next year, still young enough.
Id be staying on a one or 2 year contract

Taranto gone, a good offer and wont surpise me if they moved on Hopper but maybe only if Dustys arriving so that could be void. Bruhn sounds like he will be gone. Davis early settlement. Ian Hill probably looking to leave still? Deboer does he have another year on contract?

Kennedy, Haynes, Ward and Keefe all into 30s

Some fairly decent holes starting to appear on the list, but still some untapped talent.

He will get as much opportunity at GWS as just about anywhere and still have enough quality like Whitfield, Green, Greene, Jelly, Ash, Hopper/Dusty, Perryman, Taylor, Cumming, Idun, Cogs, Himmelberg around him as good support

Has never looked comfortable at the top level to me. Has good pace but is really let down by his poor kicking skills and decision making.
It's weird as his entries into F50 were talked up pre-draft and he's a really good kid.

I liked him in the juniors..but he is fringe. Almost an addendum to a deal now. Pay us this for player X and we will throw in XOH

Yep thats about his value although he might want to stay and they might be happy to keep him on cheap wages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back