xavier vs st kevin's

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont go to either school, but surely this is taking the piss??

St. Kevins will never be the premier catholic school, purely for the fact it has only been in existence for what? 70-80 years? There is no real history behind it...its a latecomer to the APS. No matter how many titles it wins or its academic results, it'll always be one of the "newbs" in the APS

gb:eek:

Skc is known as a premier catholic school due to it's large dominance over any competitors.

Dont go to either school, but surely this is taking the piss??

St. Kevins will never be the premier catholic school, purely for the fact it has only been in existence for what? 70-80 years? There is no real history behind it...its a latecomer to the APS. No matter how many titles it wins or its academic results, it'll always be one of the "newbs" in the APS

skc is 92 years old which makes it the second oldest catholic school in melbourne. you score zero for that one.

skc joined the aps in 1958 along with caulfield grammar, carey grammar, brighton grammar and haileybury in the same year. you score zero once again.

0+0=0 mate. nice work. keep it up.

?? That's not really an argument. Just a statement with nothing to really back it up.
How many titles have SKC won? I'd be shocked if it were more than 5...

have a look at the APS records. you are in for a shock.
man you are either stupid or the worst pi*staker ive ever seen on here.

How many titles have SKC won? I'd be shocked if it were more than 5...

I'm pretty sure that since the 1st APS Premiership Skevs won in 89' (in Cricket) only 1 school has won more APS Premierships. They have also produced AFL players in spades since the 30's, i.e. Phonse Kyne, Allan La Fontaine, Ryan O'Keefe & the 2 Scott twins is some of the best players produced out of the APS Schools.

skc is 92 years old which makes it the second oldest catholic school in melbourne. you score zero for that one.

skc joined the aps in 1958 along with caulfield grammar, carey grammar, brighton grammar and haileybury in the same year. you score zero once again.

0+0=0 mate. nice work. keep it up.

Obviously i've hit a raw nerve here. But i stand by both of my points that you've attacked me on.

SKC joined in 1958 which makes my point exactly. They were in the second group of schools to join the APS. The first group was founded by MGS, SC, WC, GGS, XC and GC joined in 1908. Four of these schools are in the elitist 9 or whatever it is called. So my point is valid. You're second tier.

Secondly, i didnt make my point correctly. I was referring to football titles, sorry should've been more clear. You've won two. Quite a lot behind schools such as Scotch, MGS, Wesley and a long way behind Xavier.

And finally yes, you maybe the second oldest in Victoria however St. Pats and Assumption are both older and most definitely have better football tradition than SKC. After all this is a football forum....

Feel free to pick apart this post and tell me where i went wrong.

Ta ta xx

Obviously i've hit a raw nerve here. But i stand by both of my points that you've attacked me on.

SKC joined in 1958 which makes my point exactly. They were in the second group of schools to join the APS. The first group was founded by MGS, SC, WC, GGS, XC and GC joined in 1908. Four of these schools are in the elitist 9 or whatever it is called. So my point is valid. You're second tier.

Secondly, i didnt make my point correctly. I was referring to football titles, sorry should've been more clear. You've won two. Quite a lot behind schools such as Scotch, MGS, Wesley and a long way behind Xavier.

And finally yes, you maybe the second oldest in Victoria however St. Pats and Assumption are both older and most definitely have better football tradition than SKC. After all this is a football forum....

Ta ta xx
1) SKC was founded in 1918, so even if it wanted to be part of the initial APS, it couldnt, cos the school hadn't been founded. And if you argue why it didnt reach the APS before 1958, it was because the APS hadn't decided to expand untill such said date, that is, no school was going to make it in untill they decideed to bring new schools in, in 1958. Out of curiosity, of the other schools who came along with SKC, how many of them were founded before 1908..?

2) SKC was invited because it was the emerging Catholic school that was perceived as a school that would potentially become one of the top schools in Melbourne and Victoria ( to which it is currently living up to now).

3) Schools from the intial 6 have alot more football titles because there was a lot less competition for a period of 50 odd years, and the scene only became competitive around 1980's onward. Yes, SKC have only won two, but saying that Xavier, Melbourne grammar and Geelong college etc. are miles ahead of schools such as SKC and BGS footballing wise is stupid and ignorant. (eg. since the inception of the "2nd tier" of APS schools, GC and GGS have won 3 and 0 p/ships, respectively, with only one coming for Gc in recent times). Only Xavier can take any major credit for being dominant in APS footy.

4) Were St. Pats or Assumption asked to join the APS...(the answer's no if you don't know)??
St. Pats is SKC brother school in the country, they get the best country players going around there, seeing as its the best school available -though i'm not denying it is a good school in many respects.
Assumption has got nothing much going for it except footy to be frank, but indeed it does boast a fine football tradition (though not much else, as said)
The majority of ACK's footballers also have come as boarders - SKC doesn't facilitate boarders, so it doesn't compete with schools such as Xavier, ACK and MGS in this department, but as a day school, it would easily do so.

I haven't neccessarily "picked apart" your argument from head to toe, but have merely shown that you have miss represented some of your statements, and have not justified claims satisfactorily.

Ta ta xx

mate based on your logic you would argue that hobart is a more elite city than melbourne simply because it is "older"... enough said i think.
age doesn't neccesarily equate to elitism.

on all other fronts i totally stand behind what in the sqaure has outlined above. he makes very good points regarding competition in the APS. it has only become a truly competitive and serious sporting competition since the 1980s and since then only one more school has more premierships in sport. if i confine my discussion simply to football, as is fair enough considering the tenets of this forum, in the last thirtys years SKC has won more footy flags than wesley, carey, geelong college, geelong grammar and brighton. they are equal with caulfield. have one less than MGS, two less than scotch, three less than hailebury and like everyone else are miles behind the APS's prince of footy schools- xavier. if we confine discussion to the past twenty years, they eclipse caulfield and are on a par with both scotch and melbourne grammar. thirty years is a long period of time in a competition founded in 1908- please don't deny this.

however considering you widened this topic to the broader APS and skc's place within it, it is hypocritical of you to demand that i simply look at football stats. because of this, please examine skc's performance in sports such as cricket, tennis, aths, rugby, swimming, soccer etc over the past thirty years. i think the sheer quantity of premierships in these sports speak for themselves and skc's position as a top class, first tier school in this state.

i am not saying that skc is the best school in the APS, that changes from year to year. nor am i even saying that skc is a better school than xavier. i am merely saying that at this stage, based on results over a fair cross section of time, skc is superior to xavier- of course this may change. that is not an antagonistic comment, simply a plain observation based on concrete facts. however your assertion that skc shall never be anything on xavier or any of the "first tier" schools as you haughtily referred to them as, is a comment based on nothing but the sound of the marbles which rattle aimlessly around inside your scone.

mate based on your logic you would argue that hobart is a more elite city than melbourne simply because it is "older"... enough said i think.
age doesn't neccesarily equate to elitism.

on all other fronts i totally stand behind what in the sqaure has outlined above. he makes very good points regarding competition in the APS. it has only become a truly competitive and serious sporting competition since the 1980s and since then only one more school has more premierships in sport. if i confine my discussion simply to football, as is fair enough considering the tenets of this forum, in the last thirtys years SKC has won more footy flags than wesley, carey, geelong college, geelong grammar and brighton. they are equal with caulfield. have one less than MGS, two less than scotch, three less than hailebury and like everyone else are miles behind the APS's prince of footy schools- xavier. if we confine discussion to the past twenty years, they eclipse caulfield and are on a par with both scotch and melbourne grammar. thirty years is a long period of time in a competition founded in 1908- please don't deny this.

however considering you widened this topic to the broader APS and skc's place within it, it is hypocritical of you to demand that i simply look at football stats. because of this, please examine skc's performance in sports such as cricket, tennis, aths, rugby, swimming, soccer etc over the past thirty years. i think the sheer quantity of premierships in these sports speak for themselves and skc's position as a top class, first tier school in this state.

i am not saying that skc is the best school in the APS, that changes from year to year. nor am i even saying that skc is a better school than xavier. i am merely saying that at this stage, based on results over a fair cross section of time, skc is superior to xavier- of course this may change. that is not an antagonistic comment, simply a plain observation based on concrete facts. however your assertion that skc shall never be anything on xavier or any of the "first tier" schools as you haughtily referred to them as, is a comment based on nothing but the sound of the marbles which rattle aimlessly around inside your scone.

I dont think the Hobart-Melbourne thing is correct in this instance. Its like you saying the WCE have are now a better and more respected football club than Collingwood. 3 titles in recent times compared to 1. With football clubs or institutions in this case - history and tradition matters simple.

Im not slating your school - you have a fantastic football side in recent years. However you'll never be as big a school in football terms as Xavier. And no badminton, rubgy and swimming dont matter. This is a football forum, and im only really talking in terms of APS football. In which case SKC over the years have been relatively unsuccessful. Will this change? Who knows based on recent years maybe yes. But that time hasn't come yet and may never.

You made the claim SKC has become the premier catholic school in Melbourne as you are now better at football. As many have pointed out though, Saturday was the first time you've beaten them in 14 years. How many times you've beaten them altogether? I dunno, but i dont think it'd be too far-fetched to suggest that you could count them on one hand.
This is what sets the two schools apart in football - the history. Xavier winning maybe 40 odd titles SKC 2.
Sure SKC may be equal or greater than a few schools in recent years but with 2 premierships they would be near the bottom of the premierships tally. Other schools, most noteably the older schools have more football premierships.

Saying that we should only really look at it since 1980's when you claim the comp only really became serious is like saying we should only count the AFL premierships won in a national competition. And im of the view that this should never be the case.

History is important and i believe it does create a certain elitism and in football terms Xavier has this. SKC doesnt.

I dont think the Hobart-Melbourne thing is correct in this instance. Its like you saying the WCE have are now a better and more respected football club than Collingwood. 3 titles in recent times compared to 1. With football clubs or institutions in this case - history and tradition matters simple.

Im not slating your school - you have a fantastic football side in recent years. However you'll never be as big a school in football terms as Xavier. And no badminton, rubgy and swimming dont matter. This is a football forum, and im only really talking in terms of APS football. In which case SKC over the years have been relatively unsuccessful. Will this change? Who knows based on recent years maybe yes. But that time hasn't come yet and may never.

You made the claim SKC has become the premier catholic school in Melbourne as you are now better at football. As many have pointed out though, Saturday was the first time you've beaten them in 14 years. How many times you've beaten them altogether? I dunno, but i dont think it'd be too far-fetched to suggest that you could count them on one hand.
This is what sets the two schools apart in football - the history. Xavier winning maybe 40 odd titles SKC 2.
Sure SKC may be equal or greater than a few schools in recent years but with 2 premierships they would be near the bottom of the premierships tally. Other schools, most noteably the older schools have more football premierships.

Saying that we should only really look at it since 1980's when you claim the comp only really became serious is like saying we should only count the AFL premierships won in a national competition. And im of the view that this should never be the case.

History is important and i believe it does create a certain elitism and in football terms Xavier has this. SKC doesnt.

on your simile regarding collingwood and west coast, ill throw this back at you. would you argue that richmond and melbourne are as respected clubs as say hawthorn or even st kilda today simply because they are both older and have won more premierships? living vicariously through the past (combined with bad luck with recruiting zones) has been the undoing of clubs such as melbourne. a point i was relating to xavier in the post of mine you originally quoted. which for the record was a constructive comment, not one laying the boot into xavs as you have clearly interpreted it as.

i make the claim that skc is now the premier catholic school in melbourne based on a myriad of superior results over the past two decades-sporting, cultural and academic. simple. i have never said that skc is the better football school. not for an instant. i have said that xavs are the best footy school in the APS, and i will say now that they could not win another flag for the next decade and still justifiably lay claim to this title. my comments on xavier's position as a school refer to their broader place in melbourne- based on more than just football. xavier have long held their record of winning streaks over skevs in footy as their one justification for claiming that theirs is still the premier catholic school in the state- even though they have been outperformed by skevs in every other way for quite some time now. now that this streak is gone, skevs can rightfull lay claim to this title (even though if we are all honest with ourselves they quite easily could have before).

greg brady i see through your cloudy rhetoric. so ill ask you right here and now. is this a question of school-fees and history? or do you insult skevs due to some other reason? cos reality and what you have said are very divergent things. skevs is the premier catholic school in the state at this point in time. to argue otherwise is indefensible unless you rely on a shaky argument hammered together using what you call "history" and "elitism."

(fair call on CBC, parade and st joey's btw, my bad).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am not saying that skc is the best school in the APS, that changes from year to year. nor am i even saying that skc is a better school than xavier. i am merely saying that at this stage, based on results over a fair cross section of time, skc is superior to xavier- of course this may change. that is not an antagonistic comment, simply a plain observation based on concrete facts.

edar,

I looked up the APS premiership results for all sports over the last 50 years and have worked out that you are talking garbage. Your concrete facts are missing some cement that holds them together.

In St Kevins existence in APS, the ledger is 64-22 to XC.
Over the last 10 years, it's 21-13 to XC.
In the last 5 years it's 10-9 to XC.

Based on any reasonable amount of time, SKC has never been superior. But given the above trend, the time may eventually come when you become equal over the next few years. One win in 14 years does not make you superior. You are slightly behind at the very best.

St. Joseph's College North Melbourne also completed their final 2 years at St. Kevin's. (Anyone hear that they're closing this year?)

And indeed, Parade, CBC, SJC, SPC are older than SKC.

Quite frankly, SKC are now the premier catholic school in the state. You SKC bashers out there saying "oh your a second tier school" clearly need to take your head of out the cold water. You lay claim to SKC being a so called "second tier" school because it joined the APS later than Xavier did, where in fact the school wasn't even founded until 1918. What I would call more embarassing is that in your extra 50 odd years or so in being in the APS you never managed to win the trifecta of football, soccer and rubgy. We're talking 50 or so years, and you couldn't even achieve that? When the APS was first formed there were only 5 schools, in which that trifecta would have been a lot easier to achieve nowadays with 11 schools in the competition.

If SKC are a so called "second tier school", what does that make Xavier? SKC rewrote the APS history books last year with premierships in football, soccer, rubgy, badminton, squash, swimming and diving. And SKC have only been in the APS for about half the time that Xavier has.

And Xavier would still try to lay claim to being the so called premiers of Victorian catholic schools when school incidents such as drug dealing, muck up day and school yard bullying have fed the media? Get a grip of yourself.

What sort of a "premier" school finishes the year with an embarassing 19% over 40? I wouldn't give Xavier long before schools in the ACC, that's right the ACC, such as St. Bernard's and Mazenod overtook them. And they don't charge a rip off 18 or so grand a year.

Look, I won't doubt that Xavier WERE the all high and mighty kings of catholic Victorian schools but times change and that title is now held at SKC. Once upon a time, schools such at SJC, CBC and Parade were also prestigious, and you only need to look at them now to see that they're no longer anything close to what they used to be.

BTW what premierships has Xavier won this year?

edar,

I looked up the APS premiership results for all sports over the last 50 years and have worked out that you are talking garbage. Your concrete facts are missing some cement that holds them together.

In St Kevins existence in APS, the ledger is 64-22 to XC.
Over the last 10 years, it's 21-13 to XC.
In the last 5 years it's 10-9 to XC.

Based on any reasonable amount of time, SKC has never been superior. But given the above trend, the time may eventually come when you become equal over the next few years. One win in 14 years does not make you superior. You are slightly behind at the very best.

i crunched your numbers and you look silly. you conveniently left out rugby which though not an official APS sport every APS school plays it bar geelong college. and to leave out rugby for skevs is to leave out football for xavier. however, even with that convenient omission your figures are still incorrect.

past ten years: skc 22 to xavier 18.
past five years: skc 17 to xavier 12.

http://www.apssport.org.au/fileadmi...hips-Records/Premierships_-_Boys_APS_2010.pdf there's a handy link for you.

and for the record skc won rugby flags (from 2000 onwards-past ten years) in 2000, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009. the aps site wont tell you that, but all the other facts and figures are there for you to have a nice look at. please do.

I don't think you can point to premierships that have been fuelled by scholarships and then try and say that St Kevins are a superior school than Xavier. Edar, if Xavier had of won on Saturday (Of course they were without Vic Metro player and arguably Xavier's best player in Alex Browne, and the luckless Cauley Beetham) would you been still posting up the utter rubbish you have displayed in this forum?

Being a superior school has nothing to do with academic results, or who can kick a ball through the big sticks, its about the community ethos and spirit than a school possesses. No other school in Melbourne, and in my opinion Australia, would come close to the genuine unity and spirit that Xavier has. I don't expect any of you lesser lights to understand what that means, but i guarantee if you are a current or old Xaverian you know exactly what i am talking about. 13 years Xavier have beaten St Kevins, year after year, humiliated them. Of all the scholarships last year and 8 goals down at once stage the Xavs rallied to win by 2 points in an amazing game. thats courage and spirit. But after one game, where the variables could have gone any way, you ignorant posters who are purely jealous of the reputation Xavier have gone all out saying St Kevins may as well be the Vatican.

It is funny though, as seen in the Amateurs football that the Xavs stick together and win countless and countless premierships, whilst all other schools part ways, they're scholarship boys go chasing money in outer clubs whilst the battlers pull together the numbers in Division 2.

Also, as seen in previous posts. I would like to hear of what exact boys you think have been on a sporting scholarship at Xavier in the last ten years.

Casey Sibosado - Indigenous scholarship, handed out every 3-4 years purely not based on football talent. Casey's cousins all went to Xavier and the community in Western Australia where he lives are very Xavier orientated.

Robbie tarrant - Chris tarrant actually funded his whole education as he was really keen on getting Robbie another aspect to his life. No scholarships whatsoever.

Luke Ball was not on a scholarship, ended up with 98 in VCE, vice captain of the school, Captain of Cricket and Football, his brother also attended Xavier, Matt. Another family that went through the system.

Any other names you want to throw at me? I've got an answer for all.

So why don't you one year wonders St Kevins (through the good old help of throwing up the cheque book) go back to your second rate school, with your second rate blokes, and do something that comes off the back of hard work and sacrifice, something you scholarship w***ers would know nothing about.

Stan

I don't think you can point to premierships that have been fuelled by scholarships and then try and say that St Kevins are a superior school than Xavier. Edar, if Xavier had of won on Saturday (Of course they were without Vic Metro player and arguably Xavier's best player in Alex Browne, and the luckless Cauley Beetham) would you been still posting up the utter rubbish you have displayed in this forum?

Being a superior school has nothing to do with academic results, or who can kick a ball through the big sticks, its about the community ethos and spirit than a school possesses. No other school in Melbourne, and in my opinion Australia, would come close to the genuine unity and spirit that Xavier has. I don't expect any of you lesser lights to understand what that means, but i guarantee if you are a current or old Xaverian you know exactly what i am talking about. 13 years Xavier have beaten St Kevins, year after year, humiliated them. Of all the scholarships last year and 8 goals down at once stage the Xavs rallied to win by 2 points in an amazing game. thats courage and spirit. But after one game, where the variables could have gone any way, you ignorant posters who are purely jealous of the reputation Xavier have gone all out saying St Kevins may as well be the Vatican.

It is funny though, as seen in the Amateurs football that the Xavs stick together and win countless and countless premierships, whilst all other schools part ways, they're scholarship boys go chasing money in outer clubs whilst the battlers pull together the numbers in Division 2.

Also, as seen in previous posts. I would like to hear of what exact boys you think have been on a sporting scholarship at Xavier in the last ten years.

Casey Sibosado - Indigenous scholarship, handed out every 3-4 years purely not based on football talent. Casey's cousins all went to Xavier and the community in Western Australia where he lives are very Xavier orientated.

Robbie tarrant - Chris tarrant actually funded his whole education as he was really keen on getting Robbie another aspect to his life. No scholarships whatsoever.

Luke Ball was not on a scholarship, ended up with 98 in VCE, vice captain of the school, Captain of Cricket and Football, his brother also attended Xavier, Matt. Another family that went through the system.

So why don't you one year wonders St Kevins (through the good old help of throwing up the cheque book) go back to your second rate school, with your second rate blokes, and do something that comes off the back of hard work and sacrifice, something you scholarship w***ers would know nothing about.

Stan

A lot of swimmers, such as Matt Kermeen

on your simile regarding collingwood and west coast, ill throw this back at you. would you argue that richmond and melbourne are as respected clubs as say hawthorn or even st kilda today simply because they are both older and have won more premierships? living vicariously through the past (combined with bad luck with recruiting zones) has been the undoing of clubs such as melbourne. a point i was relating to xavier in the post of mine you originally quoted. which for the record was a constructive comment, not one laying the boot into xavs as you have clearly interpreted it as.

i make the claim that skc is now the premier catholic school in melbourne based on a myriad of superior results over the past two decades-sporting, cultural and academic. simple. i have never said that skc is the better football school. not for an instant. i have said that xavs are the best footy school in the APS, and i will say now that they could not win another flag for the next decade and still justifiably lay claim to this title. my comments on xavier's position as a school refer to their broader place in melbourne- based on more than just football. xavier have long held their record of winning streaks over skevs in footy as their one justification for claiming that theirs is still the premier catholic school in the state- even though they have been outperformed by skevs in every other way for quite some time now. now that this streak is gone, skevs can rightfull lay claim to this title (even though if we are all honest with ourselves they quite easily could have before).

greg brady i see through your cloudy rhetoric. so ill ask you right here and now. is this a question of school-fees and history? or do you insult skevs due to some other reason? cos reality and what you have said are very divergent things. skevs is the premier catholic school in the state at this point in time. to argue otherwise is indefensible unless you rely on a shaky argument hammered together using what you call "history" and "elitism."

(fair call on CBC, parade and st joey's btw, my bad).

Edar you've taken my post too personally. Its obvious to see you go to or went to St. Kevs and are upset by my comments. When i say "second tier" i dont mean "second rate". Just saying St. Kevins came in later than the first original 6 schools. This was because St. Kevs was founded later than them. Thus they dont have the history that these schools have. Its not a slate on your school, but just a fact.

Hawthorn dont have the history the Melbourne footy club have. Yes, they had a golden period in the 80's but they are no where near as historically significant as Melbourne, the first original VFL team. Your Richmond point doesnt really work as they came in a little later after the originals. I see what you're saying but i think its a matter of personal opinion. And obviously im a traditionalist.

Saying St. Kevins is the premier catholic school in the state is a matter of your personal opinion again. Yes, they may be better at sport and get better academic results, but im sure that there will still be a waiting list of people trying to enrol at Xavier in year 7 next year.

You are right, some of my arguments have been shaky, but i think yours have been as well. Its very much a personal opinion thing. And in your opinion St. Kevins is the premier catholic school in the state (you may posses bias however as you went there) a lot of Xavs would say Xavier is (again bias would exist here). I personally dont really care, went to neither school but merely felt that you cant say categorically that St. Kevs is the premier catholic school in the state.

Xavs last premiership in the VAFA had 8 players who were non Xavs & had been recruited from the country, where they were getting paid close to $1 K per game. It's well known in VAFA circles that Xavier go outside the concept of the term "amatuer".

Stan

mate, i am not having a go at xavier. it is a great place with a lot of good blokes there and a school which is very proud and rightly so. if you read my posts you'll see this- your one smacks of sour grapes not facts.

you might talk about xavier humiliating skevs year after year in footy, and you have, but i'm pretty sure most other schools would have been on the receiving end of a similar streak of humiliation at one stage or another-you were the powerhouse of APS footy for two decades after all. the difference is that xavier have used this not unique streak of wins as their only sledge to get under the skin of skevs. it's all you had. and now that that is gone you have nothing. and that is a significant fact.

xavier's rep in the vafa is no where near as clean as their rep in the APS. i think the panther covered that issue fairly well.

on spirit i can't comment. and i think it is ignorant of you to as well. have you gone to skevs? no. have i gone to xavier? no. how can you compare these two schools based on such an intangible quality? let alone say xavier is better than every single other "lesser light" out there. that was a pretty dumb comment. all i can say is that every single skev i know loves his school and would do anything for it. and you would probs say the same for xavier and fair enough too.

FWIW both schools are great schools and anybody who attended either one of them should feel priviledged.

I guess though both being the 'mick' schools of the APS competition comparisons are always going to be drawn.

I went to skevs but have had cousins, a lot of mates and currently a nephew at xavier.
i actually liked the fact that skevs was a smaller, tougher,younger school than its main rival.Even though Xavier were a powerhouse thru the 80's and 90's we had some great football contests with them, we may not have won that often but they were always hard games.

its pleasing to see that in recent years skc are starting to hold their own in the APS and especially in football but I think a bit of perspective and humility is required here, regardless of what the tabloids write about xavier and whether their 1sts win a game of footy they should always be respected.Just concentrate on knocking them off each year instead of slagging them off and then they'll respect you...

Stan
I still don't understand why people jump to SKC being full of scholarships the moment they win a sport.
Footy last yr had one yr 12, one year 11 (who wanted to be at the school for a while) and on year 10. PLease explain how out of the 35 odd who played 1st 18 footy last year, that the team was scholarship fueled? Schools such as caulfield, MGS and haileybury give out almost 3 a year, at various periods.
And the scholarships that SKC give that are related to football, are in the case of bursary type scholarships, to kids who can't afford to get private school education, so the school gives them one so that they can get some academic help.

well said.
It is hard to find an area where xavier are superior to skevs now and this is reflected in the relative " brands" of the organisations. Skevs have a waiting list of over 6500, xavier about 20% of that. Families are falling over themselves to get into st kevins and are avoiding xavier like the plague
skevs has been consistenly beating them in vce results for years, have won three of the past four aps athletics titles, the aps swimming title, the reigning aps foootball, soccer and rugby champions....i am struggling to find where xavs have beaten them in anything? Debating perhaps?

To see the xavier hordes invade the ground at half time with the false bravado, was actually embarassing for their school. What did the st kevins supporters do? Looked on and stayed off the ground.
With a revamped admin, hopeully they can gradually lift their standard to compete with a st kevin's and return to their former glory days

cricket!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back