xavier vs st kevin's

Remove this Banner Ad

Confidence??...more like being cocky..
Just saying that to be that cocky that far out from the game was stupid and foolish. I'm not saying don't share your opinion, but when stated in such a pigheaded manner, you look like a goose when your wrong.
And on terms of injuries skevs also were plagued with injuries, missing about 6 kids from the starting 22.
And yeah, j Taylor should get a mention as well, was filling in for moore as captain, and provided a lot of drive.

What else do you think BigFooty's for? Wank of website where people sit behind computers talking s##t. Of course Xav's came on and stirred the pot, trying to add a bit of taste to the legendary game, god knows Skevs did it last year, and yeah we lost but god it's not life and deth, and it definitely wasn't pigheaded. Congratulations have been offered, and St Kevins boys reply with racial taunts and insults. Sums you up.

Tubby is a star that is all.

Cheers JD, just reinforces my mate the moron made about Xavier 'not winning it often'?

Oh sorry i was talking about some sort of recent history-not pre historic!

How many have you won in the Past five years? What? How many?

If the Rioli boy was sent to Xavier as it was thought to be best for his "education", then how relevent is what in the 90's on the football field?
Their football, like everything else at the school has slipped dramatically in recent times and their poor old supporters are trading on an old brand that no longer exists. A bit like Essendon thinking they are stil a strong football team because of what happended decades ago.

I note with interest you haven't mentioned anything about VCE results, which one would have thought was part of his "education". Let me know if you want me to enlighten you as to their academic perfromance in the past 5 years.
(PS they haven't beaten skevs in VCE results since 2004!)

I note with interest you haven't mentioned anything about VCE results, which one would have thought was part of his "education". Let me know if you want me to enlighten you as to their academic perfromance in the past 5 years.
(PS they haven't beaten skevs in VCE results since 2004!)

honestly who gives a s**t about vce results, it is possibly the most over rated thing ever. The thing you learn most from vce is that it really isnt that important.

marklc said:
Chris Prowse is a dud and i don't care what anyone says. He's only respected because he's 200 odd centimetres tall, i'd be doing the exact same thing if i were in charge of metro selection, doesn't even deserve to be playing at TAC level, not to mention he's soft as butter. All this hype about him being a superstar and was going to tear up Skevs ruckmens, hell, he got beaten in a ruck contest by Skevs 2nd smallest player in Eva.
marklc u are an idiot.

honestly who gives a s**t about vce results, it is possibly the most over rated thing ever. The thing you learn most from vce is that it really isnt that important.

marklc said:
Chris Prowse is a dud and i don't care what anyone says. He's only respected because he's 200 odd centimetres tall, i'd be doing the exact same thing if i were in charge of metro selection, doesn't even deserve to be playing at TAC level, not to mention he's soft as butter. All this hype about him being a superstar and was going to tear up Skevs ruckmens, hell, he got beaten in a ruck contest by Skevs 2nd smallest player in Eva.
marklc u are an idiot.

face it mate, he is not as good as he is all hyped up to be.

marklc said:

face it mate, he is not as good as he is all hyped up to be.

i wouldnt say he is hyped up at all, except from his mates but what else are they to say? Speaking to him hes one of the first to say that hes only in everything hes in coz hes tall. But who knows if he was short, maybe hed be fast or skilfful(even though he already has skill in most areas). There isnt many 200+cm players going around that are as good as him, and thats why he may get hyped up.Hes tall, and in comparison to others his size, hes one of the better ones, that is why he plays tac and played vic metro. People should cut him some slack, hes a hard worker, cant ask for much more

[

That's what all the schools with bad results say!

It is like the ugly people saying looks aren't important!!

[

That's what all the schools with bad results say!

It is like the ugly people saying looks aren't important!!

I would hardly think any aps school would have bad results.

Yeah, 23 times, not too often.
Xavier will give Will the best chance to make it, it's no coincidence the quality of players and people Xavier have produced is exceptional, the likes of Watson, Ball, Hanneberry and Kennedy in recent years are both exceptional footballers and great people. None of them scholarships either.

I heard that rioli approached scotch to follow the footsteps of cyril but they denied him, not because of his talent, but because they didn't want to come across as helping only riolis due to the few they've have recently.

I heard that rioli approached scotch to follow the footsteps of cyril but they denied him, not because of his talent, but because they didn't want to come across as helping only riolis due to the few they've have recently.

if thats the case then thats pretty p iss weak effort from scotch.you dont have to help aboriginal communities only by "drafting" aboriginal talent from the west or top end to help an APS school win prestige.It makes me sick when I see in the media Scotch College claim Cyril Rioli as one of their own, like Cyril would just jump on a number 8 tram down to Glenferrie Rd to the old school(what a f*ckin joke and everyone knows that) he's a Tiwi boy. - xavs boys you'd have to agree???

Maybe because SKC are not a boarding school as are XC and SC, we dont get into drafting aboriginal talent.

St Kevs have the brother school relationship with Clontarf acadamy in WA (a school set up by Gerard Neesham for under priviledged indigenous youth) Every year SKC raise money and donate boots to Clontarf and orgaise a cultural exchange.This is done with the best of intentions to assist the indiginous youth of Clontarf and not to benefit any APS premiership aspirations of St Kevins.

Thats what Skevs are about , its the CBC way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know if you can count but judging from the official APS website the number of Premierships between 2006 to now is:

SKC - 13
3 Aths
2 Badminton
1 Basketball
3 Cross Country
1 Football
1 Soccer
2 Swimming and diving

XC - 12
1 Aths
2 Cricket
1 Cross Country
1 Hockey
2 Soccer
3 Tennis
2 Water Polo

If you add rugby titles from the VSRU which both schools participate in it takes the tally to

16-12 to SKC
but stkevs whole rugby team is on scolarships

Oh jolly good chaps, I remember playing a bit of 'rough and tumble doooo lallllyyyy" school yard football for Xavier when I was a lad. Gee oh blimey did we get our bottoms walloped!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back