360 XBOX 360 News(Articles, Accessories, and everything else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my friends RRODed 360 (which he gave to me) working. I didn't even do anything. Just left it and the next morning tried it and it was working! Anybody had this happen to them? Is it probably going to stuff up again?

Anyways, was wondering if poeple could give me some suggestions for older Xbox exclusives that are good. So far I've got my eye on Crackdown and Gears of War. Probably also Eternal Sonata (fan of JRPG's but have been told most of the Xbox exclusive ones are utter rubbish). Any other suggestions would be gladly welcomed.

Thanks.

Got my friends RRODed 360 (which he gave to me) working. I didn't even do anything. Just left it and the next morning tried it and it was working! Anybody had this happen to them? Is it probably going to stuff up again?

Anyways, was wondering if poeple could give me some suggestions for older Xbox exclusives that are good. So far I've got my eye on Crackdown and Gears of War. Probably also Eternal Sonata (fan of JRPG's but have been told most of the Xbox exclusive ones are utter rubbish). Any other suggestions would be gladly welcomed.

Thanks.

Actually most of the XBox exclusive JPRG's are highly rated. Have Eternal Sonata, great theme to it and great sound and visuals. Can get a little repetitive with the fights then again as does most JPRG's. Would give it a 8/10.

Mass Effect 1&2 are must gets as well.

Actually most of the XBox exclusive JPRG's are highly rated. Have Eternal Sonata, great theme to it and great sound and visuals. Can get a little repetitive with the fights then again as does most JPRG's. Would give it a 8/10.

Mass Effect 1&2 are must gets as well.

Really?

The ones I have read/heard about haven't been too good. The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery (not that bad) and Blue Dragon. Star Ocean is meant to be good and a whole lot cheaper on 360 than the International edition for PS3 so I'll probably get that too.

I'll porbably just wait out for Mass Effect 2 on PS3 and get that in place of both Mass Effects on 360.

Really?

The ones I have read/heard about haven't been too good. The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery (not that bad) and Blue Dragon. Star Ocean is meant to be good and a whole lot cheaper on 360 than the International edition for PS3 so I'll probably get that too.

I'll porbably just wait out for Mass Effect 2 on PS3 and get that in place of both Mass Effects on 360.

Yeah those four. I'd get ME on the 360 purely so you can carry your character over from ME1.

If not definitely go ME1 on the 360 makes a huge difference to the story of ME2 if you know what's going on.

Was just reading some review scores for it. Massive conflictions. Scores range from 5-9 and are pretty evenly spread.

I'm not looking to spend too much though. Maybe 20-30 max per title.

Most of those games are now cheapies. Even GOW2 can be picked up on the cheap side

Most of those games are now cheapies. Even GOW2 can be picked up on the cheap side

Okay thats good. Currently only have the Arcade compilation which I got today for 5 bucks. :D

Also......

Is the fan generally this noisy? It's alrightish when theres no disk but once I pop in a disk it goes crazy!

Okay thats good. Currently only have the Arcade compilation which I got today for 5 bucks. :D

Also......

Is the fan generally this noisy? It's alrightish when theres no disk but once I pop in a disk it goes crazy!

Depends on the machine, mine is not that bad. You can always save the game to the HDD if you want it quieter.

Depends on the machine, mine is not that bad. You can always save the game to the HDD if you want it quieter.

Pretty sure it is a Pro. So if I were to save games to the Hard drive I would still need the disc in the drive, right? But it wouldn't utilise the disc so there would be no disc drive noise?

Pretty sure it is a Pro. So if I were to save games to the Hard drive I would still need the disc in the drive, right? But it wouldn't utilise the disc so there would be no disc drive noise?

Correct

I've only got a 20gb hard drive right now.

How big would each Game install be? Would most games utilise the whole DVD (ie:4.5-9 gbs) and then would I be required to install that?

How long would it take to install each Game. If it doesn't exceed 20 mins then for the time being I'll just install and delete games as neccessary.

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only got a 20gb hard drive right now.

How big would each Game install be? Would most games utilise the whole DVD (ie:4.5-9 gbs) and then would I be required to install that?

How long would it take to install each Game. If it doesn't exceed 20 mins then for the time being I'll just install and delete games as neccessary.

Thanks.

Ahh you've only got a the 20Gig no wonder it RRoD and is noisy you've got one of the old clunkers.

Yep games can go from 2-9GB. Takes about 20 min or so, my 360 is quiet so I don't do it that often.

Okay then I'll install and delete for the time being.

I assume installing also decreases load times?

Thanks for that.

Yeah though a DVD spins alot faster then BluRay so it's not that much different.

Yeah though a DVD spins alot faster then BluRay so it's not that much different.

Yeah thats why I asked.

I'm probably not going to get a Gold membership. I'll stick with silver. Down the track if I end up getting it (the console) online though can I still buy Games and download demos with a silver membership? Is it only demos or all content that is delayed by 1 week for silver users? Can I still have/maintain a friends list with a silver membership?

Thanks.

Yeah thats why I asked.

I'm probably not going to get a Gold membership. I'll stick with silver. Down the track if I end up getting it (the console) online though can I still buy Games and download demos with a silver membership? Is it only demos or all content that is delayed by 1 week for silver users? Can I still have/maintain a friends list with a silver membership?

Thanks.

Yeah you can buy points/download demos on Silver have a friends list etc.

Also......

Yeah, they are loud. Make sure you lie the console down too. Standing it up will scratch discs

Thanks.

Don't worry, it'll RROD soon again ;)

The first one Microsoft gave me got the RROD, then worked the next morning and then RROD not long after again.

Don't worry, it'll RROD soon again ;)

The first one Microsoft gave me got the RROD, then worked the next morning and then RROD not long after again.

Haha. It just RRODed on me this morning. :D
I've got some friends coming over so towel tricked it and it totally works now!
Will probably send it in once it stuffs up again (which will probably be in about 1 week from what I've heard/read?).

Haha. It just RRODed on me this morning. :D
I've got some friends coming over so towel tricked it and it totally works now!
Will probably send it in once it stuffs up again (which will probably be in about 1 week from what I've heard/read?).

Yeah a week sounds about right. If you send it in then they take everything out and replace them with new parts, so it should run better than it does now. And it only takes a week too.

The beta invites for the Xbox Dashboard preview program have gone out, and I turned on my console to receive a dashboard update. Some things I can notice that are different is the font, and that all menus and boxes on the dashboard have lost the curved corners and are more flat, i.e. that don't move along on angles.

Also there are changes to the layout of the Games Marketplace, colours have alternated on the guide menu, when downloading something, the item's page looks different. Another thing is the Kinect setting are now found in the system settings, which of course I can't use. According to Kotaku, the following are also some changes:

-An improved Netflix app
-An improved Zune Music marketplace that gives you a second way to turn the 360 into a stereo.
-Tweaked Avatars
-ESPN integration
-New parental controls

And a few other odds and ends.
Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/09/at-play-with-the-new-xbox-360-dashboard/

Edit: I'll post some pictures shortly.

Apparently I'm not allowed to post pictures.

Yep I got it too. It's pretty slick and looks much cleaner and sharper than the current one.

Edit: Apparently according to the Beta Agreement we're not supposed to post pictures or discuss the beta matierals on forums and such...Pretty sure I've seen videos of it everywhere haha.

I turned on the Xbox again today, and there's another dashboard update waiting for me, the only difference is an introduction of sorts telling me what the A, B and guide buttons do on my controller, as if I don't know already.

Edit: I've noticed another difference, something that I probably missed yesterday, Xbox Live Silver seems to be now known as Xbox Live Free.

Does anybody know the best/cheapest place to grab a wireless adaptor?
Not sure if the Hong Kong Ebay ones are dodgy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back