News Xbox and Bethesda showcase, Summer game fest, and anything that "isn't E3"

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Since there will be no E3 this year Microsoft and Bethesda have announced their own showcase around usual E3 times. I assume other publishers will do something similar and will update the thread accordingly (hence why this isn't in the Xbox thread). Not much else reported at this time.

The one game I'm most intrigued to see is Avowed. I wonder if it's an Outer Worlds style small scale RPG or a large scale Skyrim type game with towns, dungeons etc. We really know nothing about it.

yes very excited for Avowed as a Pillars of Eternity 1+2 fan plus Elder Scrolls fan. there is a lot of hope around online that'll be large in scope like a Bethesda game but I'm not so sure. my hope would be like Skyrim but more old-school RPG features, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up haha. also interested to see if they will announce the game Josh Sawyer has been working on (supposedly a 16th century murder mystery "Disco Elysium" style RPG)

Game with a release date that has been in development for 8+ years but has had nothing to show for it gets delayed. What a surprise. Redfall is a shame tho', looked like a fun weekend game to play with friends. The 2022 game list is shortening.

I feel like they just picked the Starfield launch date 5 years ago because 11.11.22 is a cool ass date. Like if the game was ready now, they would have held it back for that.

But Bethesda can't afford to launch another unfinished game. Glad they delayed it. Please give me info on the Collector’s Edition already.

My first reaction when Microsoft bought Bethesda was imagine if Starfield is a dumpster fire. Wasn’t Fallout 4 pretty buggy on release?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My first reaction when Microsoft bought Bethesda was imagine if Starfield is a dumpster fire. Wasn’t Fallout 4 pretty buggy on release?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not just F4. BGS have always had underwhelming launches but the modding community is what makes their games. Would be surprised if this isn't the case with Starfield too eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah F4 was fine at launch, didn't get F76 at launch so can't comment.

No surprise that Starfield is delayed, 2022 looking a bit slim for xbox exclusives? next few years should start to take off though.

Yeah F4 was fine at launch, didn't get F76 at launch so can't comment.

No surprise that Starfield is delayed, 2022 looking a bit slim for xbox exclusives? next few years should start to take off though.
fo76 is still full of bugs. it's like bethesda saw how many people actually play it, threw up their hands & gave up. it's definitely improved since launch, but still super buggy

don't really care that much about bugs

it's more when you can tell they've stripped out half the systems, shortened questlines, dumbed it down vs previous entries and half arsed characters that i melt

in terms of RPG's at least, i can always get past bugs and average combat but i can't get past s**t quests/characters/story or having nothing to do in the game

Hopefully we get some new games. I don't know about you guys but it feels like gaming is super flat right now. Just long stretches between anything meaningful coming out. It's a great chance to catch up on your back catalogue or if you're an MMO nerd like me it's an opportunity to just focus on the one game for a while and not worry about missing anything. Though I can tell by just from the activity of this board alone of late that things are quiet on the gaming front as most of our traffic comes from new releases. That's just not happening right now.

Hopefully we get some new games. I don't know about you guys but it feels like gaming is super flat right now. Just long stretches between anything meaningful coming out. It's a great chance to catch up on your back catalogue or if you're an MMO nerd like me it's an opportunity to just focus on the one game for a while and not worry about missing anything. Though I can tell by just from the activity of this board alone of late that things are quiet on the gaming front as most of our traffic comes from new releases. That's just not happening right now.

Do you mean completely new unannounced games or just games we haven't seen much of ? It seems like we should get Starfield, Avowed and Pentiment gameplay which will make the RPG people.like me happy at least. Pentiment is meant to be out this year. Also rumours of inxile making a steampunk RPG

In general I think covid affected videogame development more than some realise. Tooka studios a long time to adapt, and outside the studios themselves it really messed with voice acting, mocap etc. Games that did get rushed out were almost all underdone and then everyone got scared and delayed their games to try finish them properly leading to a lot of big gaps. It doesn't help when half of the great companies of old are releasing total garbage now and no one's come through to replace them

Anyway I'm excited for this conference, unless I'm wrong it's 3am Monday for us? Which kinda sucks, don't think I will bother staying up haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back