News Xbox and Bethesda showcase, Summer game fest, and anything that "isn't E3"

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not really into MOBAs or anything like that so I zoned out when Riot were on. I don't even think any of those games are on console anyway? Hearthstone would be pretty cool on console though.

Runeterra is the LoL version of Hearthstone and TFT is an Autochess game. I think they'd be great on console alongside Hearthstone. But yeah, it seems like it's all PC Gamepass for now. They'd play way better than MOBAs.

Trying to find out more about Ara: History Untold and I just realised it's a game I've been seeing ads for but ignoring due to it looking like a Civ clone. It was founded by a team from Firaxis so that makes sense. More keen now as they describe it as "Civ meets Crusader Kings". I enjoy Civ games to an extent but they never really stuck with me long term. History and gaming are equal hobbies to me so I always tended to stick with more historical games like Crusader Kings, Total War (the historical ones, not the Warhammer stuff) and Steel Division. But if Ara can play like Civ but have some of the depth of CK then it just may scratch an itch.

I'm at Fortress in Melbourne, watched the event from an official Xbox party. The biggest pops of the night went to Starfield and the Kojima reveal.

I'm at Fortress in Melbourne, watched the event from an official Xbox party. The biggest pops of the night went to Starfield and the Kojima reveal.

As much as Starfield looks like "Bethesda: The Game" I'm definitely keen for it now. I'm expecting warts and heaps of jank, but I can't say they've ever really let me down. Sure some games weren't as good as others but I've always managed to milk them of every bit of value.

As much as Starfield looks like "Bethesda: The Game" I'm definitely keen for it now. I'm expecting warts and heaps of jank, but I can't say they've ever really let me down. Sure some games weren't as good as others but I've always managed to milk them of every bit of value.

I think I was looking forward to Starfield and knew I would play it but I hadn't really thought about it yet. Like, considered what the gameplay might be like. But after that reveal, I'm all in. I was in when it just looked like Fallout in space but prettier. But then with the ship sections, it's a slam dunk.

Pretty good show, I'd rate it around a 7.5.

Starfield - definitely on that Fallout 3/Skyrim engine still. Oh well, still looks fun.
Redfall - More interested now after that gameplay. Definitely an Arkane game
Ravenlok - looks cute, charming and vibrant
Cocoon - Limbo/Inside creator. Always up for a platformer/puzzle game
The last Case of Benedict Fox - Looks like a creepier version of Ori.
Scorn - Nice Alien aesthetic but I'll probably be too scared to play it
Plague Tale 2 - The more linear story driven game we need
High on Life - No idea what that is supposed to be but I want it
Lightyear Frontier - If there is a story and enemies beyond the survival elements this could be cool
Flintlock Seige of Dawn - Greedfall vibes. Potential.

Not a bad showing, Starfield looks great and High on Life looks sick! Looking forward to being able to play Persona 3 & 4 on console as well!

Although it’s not my type of game, Redfall looks good. What a time to be a fan of horror video games.

Was there anything announced for this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back