Xbox not up to scratch, say gamers

Remove this Banner Ad

You make some good points, but i'm absolutely baffled why you think in game communication isn't something that's desperately needed.:confused:

Can't imagine gaming without it.
All bar like two online games have VOIP and many already have a form of in game XMB, I don't really find the need to communicate with people not playing my game if I am trying to concentrate on the one I am on.

Again a demonstration that they are playing catch up.

Thanks for coming.
In their online department they are, I don't think anyone has disputed that.:confused:

Paying for an online service will always have it's benefits, but it also means they will need to strive to beat the Free service, I challenge alot of 360 users to play the PS3 online at the end of this year and say that LIVE is better.

The PSN has just been called for a major overhaul too, it will start in April.

however if that guy leaves the company than Sony will be free from having to do it?
If they choose not to follow his ways then yes.

I certainly hope though that a Moderator isn't taking sides in an argument?

About this whole controller vs keyboard/mouse thing - if everyone is using the same thing, what should it matter? Sure, a controller is less precise, but then so is everyone. If anything you should complain about games that allow both, because ppl with kb/m are going to get cheap kills against ppl with controllers. And nobody likes cheap kills, do they? :p

I certainly hope though that a Moderator isn't taking sides in an argument?

Why not? I am allowed to have a point of view and express it.

Anyhow please do a search for my posts in this thread. And let me know which way I am siding. Because I gotta tell you at the moment I think I am leaning towards the PS3, however without having either console I don't really feel I know enough about it.

The one thing I do know is the original Xbox was a kick arse machine.

Anyhow please do a search for my posts in this thread. And let me know which way I am siding. Because I gotta tell you at the moment I think I am leaning towards the PS3, however without having either console I don't really feel I know enough about it.

Well, I've got them both and I prefer the PS3, if that helps.

The one thing I do know is the original Xbox was a kick arse machine.

I agree, I much preferred it over the PS2. It was just a better all around machine, much the way I feel about my PS3 compared to my 360.

About this whole controller vs keyboard/mouse thing - if everyone is using the same thing, what should it matter? Sure, a controller is less precise, but then so is everyone. If anything you should complain about games that allow both, because ppl with kb/m are going to get cheap kills against ppl with controllers. And nobody likes cheap kills, do they? :p

Becuase you want to be playing against people who are playing at their best - and kb/m does that. Controllers are too clunky.

Almost all console FPS titles, including but not limited to, Halo 3 and COD4

I was asking which 'PC' like titles didn't sell on consoles, because people threw tantrums.

If you make a game like that for consoles, they don't sell - why? Because the children playing 360 FPS games online are going to chuck a tantrum at getting killed and take the game back.

Which games are you referring to?

I think it's another silly KP statement, because lots of people get killed in Halo and CoD.

Becuase you want to be playing against people who are playing at their best - and kb/m does that. Controllers are too clunky.

Depends what you're used to playing on. I'd stink it up if I tried playing with kb/m. Its been a long time since I've played like that online. Heck, I havent even played a fps on the comp in a long time either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well say what you like about X Box, but you can't knock their customer service, it is fantastic, called upi because my deck isn't opening, they helped me to try and trouble shoot it and didn't work, so I get it fixed for free and a free XBOX Live gold membership

Well say what you like about X Box, but you can't knock their customer service, it is fantastic, called upi because my deck isn't opening, they helped me to try and trouble shoot it and didn't work, so I get it fixed for free and a free XBOX Live gold membership

You can't knock their service for what level it is at right now - but the fact it took them 18 months to even acknowledge the problem, and actively lied about the percentage of failed consoles definitely deserves some serious knocking.

the build quality of the machine is 100% pure garbage.

the build quality of the machine is 100% pure garbage.

thats the reality of it.
and MS had claimed to fix the problem and the xbox forums were full of people saying "make sure you get a falcon motherboard", that was until people started getting the RROD on the falcon too.

thats the reality of it.
and MS had claimed to fix the problem and the xbox forums were full of people saying "make sure you get a falcon motherboard", that was until people started getting the RROD on the falcon too.

PS3's have s**t the tin too, wouldn't turn me off buying one.

No piece of electronic equipment is failsafe. The falcon has virtually eliminated the overheating issue and thus the root cause of most RROD failures. The failure rate is back to levels you'd expect from electronic componentry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back