XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just hoping Microsoft can get back on track with some good exclusives like they had back in the days of the original Xbox - halo, fable, GOW and forza. 3 out of those 4 franchises are a near certainty to appear on the new Xbox, and there's unofficial reports from gaming websites that there's a Fable 4 in the works right now.

I'm just hoping Microsoft can get back on track with some good exclusives like they had back in the days of the original Xbox - halo, fable, GOW and forza. 3 out of those 4 franchises are a near certainty to appear on the new Xbox, and there's unofficial reports from gaming websites that there's a Fable 4 in the works right now.

Yeah rumours of a Fable 4 have been floating around for a while now supposedly Playground Games who made the Forza games are developing it.

Anyone else think it’s likely the new Xbox, and possibly PS5, will be delayed until 2021? It would suck but I reckon if it happens would be the right call, just don’t think this year is a good time to release brand new consoles and games, with the uncertainty of this virus.

It would be an awful time to launch gaming consoles with everyone stuck at home

I mean I feel with everyone being stuck at home with consoles is kinda the perfect opportunity.

True, I’m more thinking of the economic impact. People who can afford a new console will get one but those who could previously but have fallen on hard times won’t. Also, would the games just be digitally released or will stores be open and selling hard copies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game Pass is the single greatest thing in gaming right now. If I were a PS4 player with no friends and on the fence on what team to go next gen then game pass should be the number one reason to go Xbox. Only reason not to imo is if you're really into Sony's first party developers.
Sorry to bring up old topics but add another fan of gamepass here. Took me a while but one of their cheeky free trails got me hooked on the concept.

There's so many games that spark an interest for me that I don't wanna spend full retail on. Perfect example A Plagues Tale. Played it through gamepass and loved it. Then tried Nier and didn't love it, no harm I uninstalled and moved on.

I've always been curious on how the devs see the cash though. Cause it obviously affects their sales. Do they get paid a lump sum by Microsoft every month it's up, or do they get money for everyone that downloads it?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sorry to bring up old topics but add another fan of gamepass here. Took me a while but one of their cheeky free trails got me hooked on the concept.

There's so many games that spark an interest for me that I don't wanna spend full retail on. Perfect example A Plagues Tale. Played it through gamepass and loved it. Then tried Nier and didn't love it, no harm I uninstalled and moved on.

I've always been curious on how the devs see the cash though. Cause it obviously affects their sales. Do they get paid a lump sum by Microsoft every month it's up, or do they get money for everyone that downloads it?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I imagine it's a share of the subscription revenue proportional to how many downloads the game has. That it sometimes includes brand new games I wonder how they make money of those though. Individual sales of the game might make up a large portion of the revenue still but I often wonder how viable the service is long term if more people adopt it. I would happily pay more for it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back