XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to own a PS4 and also an Xbox so I'm not really a fan boy I'm talking about the one eyed Sony fans.
Nothing will sway those people, they love big corporations more than their little brains can comprehend (same goes for any fanboy for any device in any industry).

Sports teams are to be supported, not corporations.

People who blindly defend a side are usually trying to reassure themselves of their purchase more than anything.
This^

If you're happy with what you have why would you care what others buy? Personally I prefer the XBOX controller and online experience, but i mainly stay on this side because most of the people i game with own the console.

Exclusives for either consoles aren't really a selling point for me. They're more the cherry on top

If you buy a console based solely on what exclusives are out for either, i think you are missing 90% of what really matters for your experience.

People who blindly defend a side are usually trying to reassure themselves of their purchase more than anything.

Yes, you are right.

In no way does a game doing poorly (or being cancelled) benefit anyone.
It must be that people need to feel justified in their console purchase (and perhaps don't have the means to purchase a 2nd console), why else would you want exclusives to fail, isn't the whole point of being a gamer to play amazing games?

Trying to play Fallout New Vegas on XB1.
I own the GOTY edition with two discs and including all the DLC.
For some reason though the XB1 isn't recognizing that i own all the DLC.

Cant wait to see Sony fan boys lose their s**t when the Scorpio blows the PS4 Pro out of the water hehe.
They might be too busy playing a whole heap of exclusives to even care.

I just hope MS announce something, anything that isnt Forza, Gears or Halo for the Scorpio launch. As it currently stands the Scorpio's looking like a more expensive and more powerful Netflix box.

Games make a console, not system specs.

Disappointing about Scalebound, had potential. Agree with Premiers04, MS can't use Halo, Gears or Forza to show off Scorpio, Halo isn't what it use to be, and Gears already had its time with the 360 and being shown to the world, I remember seeing it for the first time and being super pumped!!!

It's all about games in the end, MS needs to pull an exclusive out of the hat that shows off on the Scorpio, they've got to get a good line-up of games for it too.

Halo made a splash in 2001, Gears did in 2006, well overdue for something to blow us away again.

Sony hasn't particularly blown me away with exclusives either, Bloodborne and Uncharted really the only two must haves for mine. Hasn't been a true killer IP on either this gen.

Sony hasn't particularly blown me away with exclusives either, Bloodborne and Uncharted really the only two must haves for mine. Hasn't been a true killer IP on either this gen.
Yeah, with big studios like Rockstar, Bioware, CDPR, Konami, Squaresoft etc. Going multi-plat there are fewer big exclusives.

Nintendo probably has the best exclusives IMO.
Although they do rely on their franchises so either love it or hate it.

Uncharted really is the only game i wish was multi plat. But even then, its not like its a 100hr game. Not missing much

Money is in multi plats, tbh that's what generally play anyway

Sunset Overdrive has been my standout exclusive this gen. I've tried showing it to some of my PS buddies and they thought it was cool but it seems like there just isn't a single game for anyone to rush out and buy the other console for.

I wish I had more reason to play my XB1 but it's a lonely place as I have 0 friends on there and I get all my multiplats on PS. I missed the last few XB1 games (Gears, FH3 and I still want to play Recore) and was seriously considering using an EB voucher I got for Xmas to put towards a One S console just for an excuse to play it but besides HDR it isn't enough of an improvement like the Pro is. So in that regard I think I'll just wait for the Scorpio and pick up all these games that I've missed that will be cheap by then plus whatever comes out then and go on a massive XB binge. I just like to play games, I don't care what they're on. It used to be primarily PC but a few mates migrated to PS so I followed them and now I'm settled there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I happen to own a PS4 and also an Xbox so I'm not really a fan boy I'm talking about the one eyed Sony fans.

People can own multiple consoles but still showcase a clear bias towards one of them. Typically people who care about fanboi tears are overly invested themselves.

In fact a lot of posters on here showcase a bias. Whether it's simply a preferred choice for multiplats, hopes for a system's success or throwing out an exclusives pissing contest.

In fact a lot of posters on here showcase a bias. Whether it's simply a preferred choice for multiplats, hopes for a system's success or throwing out an exclusives pissing contest.

Definitely, but there is no issue preferring a platform for genuine reasons. Fanboys just irrationally defend every thing a particular company does, or make immature remarks about the other side.

Unfortunately in the video game world you can barely criticise something without (actual) fanboys jumping down your throat.

I think I can speak fairly evenly.

I was a Sony man for years PS 1 ,2,3 and 4 for no real reason. I wanted a 2nd device so i could have the PS4 in the games room and which i use to stream foxtel play so i finally bought a xbox 1. i have always been jealous of not being able to play halo, GOW etc so I jumped at the excuse to get a xbox and stick it in the main living room so the missus can stream foxtel play whilst i game on with the PS4 or watch my sports

To start off with i loved it, thought it was the best buy ever. i also got the master chief collection so i have been slowing going through that and i love forza horizon 3. I thought the xbox 1 was a far superior media streaming device and had a good media player inbuilt but what killed it for was the big update they did over a year ago to change the interface. i ******* hate it, its so clunky and slow compared to the PS4 interface that now I barely use the xbox cept to play forza and i now have a telstra TV box to stream the foxtel

I think it has a lot of potential, but the interface just kills it for me

People can own multiple consoles but still showcase a clear bias towards one of them. Typically people who care about fanboi tears are overly invested themselves.

I prefer Xbox just because of the controller and cheaper online.

Although last 4-5 games I've played (with the exception of Titanfall 2) have been on PS4.
I just go where the sales are, and PS have had some good sales recently so picked up good games cheap.

I prefer Xbox just because of the controller and cheaper online.

Although last 4-5 games I've played (with the exception of Titanfall 2) have been on PS4.
I just go where the sales are, and PS have had some good sales recently so picked up good games cheap.

There's nothing wrong with a preference. I prefer PS4 because all of my friends are on there and I dig a lot of the first party content. Same way that I prefer my 3DS because I can play Pokemon on it so I never bought a Vita. I also grabbed a Xbox and use it as a media box coupled with Gears/Ori/Sunset/Forza/Halo and Games with Gold has s**t on PS+ for a good 12-18 months at least.

But if someone is getting excited about fanboi tears it might be a pot calling the kettle black. Even if they own multiple consoles.

Never really been into the fanboy thing.
I just took to XB1 this gen as i vastly enjoyed the 360 more over PS3.
Also the XBL interface and media capabilities of XB1.
Controller is great as well.

Planning to get a PS4 pro soon though.
I'll have the best of both worlds then.

I use to own an Xbox 360 and loved it after being a SEGA, Ninetendo and Playstation 1 and 2 owner. It was tough to go to Xbox 360 and I loved it albeit the controller was difficult to grasp coming from a basic Playstations, but what killed it for me was getting the Ring of Death on 2 consoles and it sounding like a plane taking off at the beginning. Switched to Playstation and never looked back until this current saga of not allowing external assets for Bethesda games. It sucks as their is over 900 'mods' that are pretty much the same thing but names differently and what is unique pales in comparison to XB1's versions. Only need to look at the lucious green and snow mods to see it. I know its minor, but considering the power of their console and the amount of money they make, it is a slap in the face to their consumers and to say it is a threat to their security and could be prone to hackers is a joke.

Scorpio might tip me over to come back to a MS console, but it would need something amazing to blow me out of the water in regards to the exclusives as that is basically what has differentiated the two in my opinion in regards to gaming race (I am only using games as I dont care too much about the media and tv side of things as I have a Foxtel Box). Having Uncharted series and The Last of Us series as exclusives (Last of Us 2 is also going to be amazing I reckon as an exclusive) has been great, but they are far and few between.

PS Pro is irrelevant to most users who dont have a 4K TV and even journalists have commented to not waste your coin if you dont have to. If the Scorpio has an upgrade-able Hard Drive I will be stoked too as I was able to upgrade my 500GB hard drive to a 2TB hard drive.

PS Pro is irrelevant to most users who dont have a 4K TV and even journalists have commented to not waste your coin if you dont have to. If the Scorpio has an upgrade-able Hard Drive I will be stoked too as I was able to upgrade my 500GB hard drive to a 2TB hard drive.
Not true, every game runs better on the pro even if you don't have a 4k tv you still benefit from the console, same goes for the Scorpio. Actually the biggest advantages these console could bring are more 60fps titles which is far more appealing than 4K.

If you buy a console based solely on what exclusives are out for either, i think you are missing 90% of what really matters for your experience.

Heh? They're gaming machines. I bought an XB1 to play games, and I chose the XB1 as it has more exclusives I'd rather play than PS4. I don't see why I'd choose the PS4 instead unless the vast majority of my friends have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back