XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Cars for free, cool.

Noticed a year of gold for 50 bucks or so so I jumped on that. Might force me to use this paper weight a bit more

I have you on my list and i don't think i've ever seen you playing a game on it lol
Did you ever get around to playing FH3? I'd also recomend Ori and the Blind Forest.

Project Cars for free, cool.

I have you on my list and i don't think i've ever seen you playing a game on it lol
Did you ever get around to playing FH3? I'd also recomend Ori and the Blind Forest.
I played the demo, but couldn't justify buying it. Now that I have gold I might reconsider.

Thomas Mahler who was a developer for Ori And The Blind Forrest has commented on the Xbox Scorpio and made some very interesting remarks about the console as well as the PS4 Pro. In the post he said that the Xbox Scorpio is going to be a “full blow next generation” gaming console and not just an upgraded console. He later said the console wouldn’t be like the PS4 Pro which he called a “half-assed upgrade” which he said the PS4 Pro “kinda is”

Thomas made it clear that Microsoft will need to do some work on promoting the new console to make sure the consumer doesn’t compare it to the PS4 Pro, and that it might just be considered an upgrade rather than this big new console.

http://thisgengaming.com/2017/01/25...pio-is-not-a-half-assed-upgrade-like-ps4-pro/

Shots fired lol

Just can't wait for MS to unveil this thing so we can see how powerful it is exactly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did for the 360 (Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey)
It's just the Xbox brand doesn't sell well in Japan.
So for now Xbox owners probably have to settle for multiplats like FFXV and backwards compatibility.

Speaking of Japan, i think the Switch will beat PS4 in sales over there.
They love portable games so i think it could be a hit.
Where as PS4 is selling better in the West than over there.

They did for the 360 (Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey)
It's just the Xbox brand doesn't sell well in Japan.
So for now Xbox owners probably have to settle for multiplats like FFXV and backwards compatibility.

Speaking of Japan, i think the Switch will beat PS4 in sales over there.
They love portable games so i think it could be a hit.
Where as PS4 is selling better in the West than over there.

Microsoft will struggle to get all but the biggest JRPGs because they don't have that Japanese market share to make development worthwhile. Everyone who loves JRPGs tends to pick up a PS4 or 3DS because they are the machines with the best library of JRPGs. So it's an issue of porting them probably doesn't make sense for smaller JRPGs like I Am Setsuna, etc.

The PS4 is certainly catchable for the Switch in Japan. But it was only last year that PS4 overtook the Wii U in Japan in overall sales (a lot of this was due to Splatoon which was a monster hit in Japan). I think they would need a dockless unit to really chase down PS4. Because the PS4 is only getting cheaper and that is making it much more accessible to a wider Japanese audience that should see it have a decent tail of sales in that market. So a dockless unit would remove a lot of the cost out of the unit which would help it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back